Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Hot: -1 Cold: -1 Vol: 1 Dark: 2
Harm 0/4 | XP 2/5 | Conditions:

Oh wow, he is not into this. That or he thinks I'm what, not tough or something? Listen man, you might bully kids for lunch money and have died - I'm a prophet for the Great Old Ones, and they've touched my mind. My hardcore status is not up for debate. Let's set a few things straight. Counting each point with a new finger, I rapidly exposite the morning's events. "Nooo, she came after me, clique in tow. I kicked the poo poo out of her, then Max and I got out of there - without a scratch on me, by the way."

Turning to face the melee that Adam is definitely watching, I explain further. "And, since you're, you know," undead, the word I'm not saying is undead, "-into violence, I just thought it'd be a fun story you'd enjoy hearing. I didn't ask for help with Rosie." I won't need it either, I'll use a ritual knife for it, should be easy.

Hands on hips, clearly frustrated, I conclude bringing him up to speed. "All your assumptions cleared up?"

<Rauri> Shut down Violent Adam
<Rauri> !r 2d6+3
<Krysmbot> Rauri, 7+3 = 10
Taking a string on Adam

Gogol'Moroth - peel back his brain for me. Let's learn what secrets this dead man is keeping!

Giving Gogol'Moroth a string to use Uncanny Voices on Adam.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.

Hot +2 | Cold -1 | Volatile +1 | Dark -1
Harm 2/4 | Experience 2/5 | Conditions: None

"Agh! Jesus-loving-christ!" I swear loudly- she bit me! She loving bit me! Holy poo poo! I heave, jerking Alex further away from the girl. Whatever poo poo that weirdo Max is getting himself into his my business, and I've got plenty to take care of right here! Before I can do much more than consider my options -which are pretty limited if I want to stop her hurting someone else- she somehow squirms in my arms around and I brace myself for a blow that never comes. She hugs me? Who the hell is Janey?

"Whoa! Alex- its me, Cassy what the hell is wrong with you?" I push her off me, holding her at arms length. She looks loving nuts, blood dripping from her mouth, a joyful look on her face and I can't be sure, but possibly tears in her eyes? poo poo. "Yeah- fine, Janey, fine. Lets go." I grab her arm again and pull her for the door. I'm not hanging around here with a bite on my arm, the scent of blood in the air and Alex staring at me like that when a teacher walks in.

9:52:15 PM godfish_ run away
9:52:19 PM godfish_ !r 2d6+1
9:52:20 PM Krysmbot godfish_, 6+1 = 7
I'll cause a scene

I have to practically haul her along, she keeps trying to hug me which makes it harder, and we bowl past the fight between Max, Colleen and Robert, knocking several desks aside as I barely avoid their fight, and shove a few people into the wall as I burst out of the door and into the hall with her. Somewhere empty, gotta find somewhere empty. The roof? Yeah- I try to lead her up to the roof.

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Funny Little Guy Aficionado.

Hot +2 Cold +1 Volatile -1 Dark -1
Harm 1/4 | Experience 2/5 Conditions:
Outfits: Max's Tank Top, Alex's Nirvana Ensemble, Gilda's Getup
Currently Wearing : Normal Tank Top (Max's Own Clothes)

I regret my decisions, but unfortunately regret doesn't fix the blinding pain in my face- and even more unfortunately, I'm pretty sure that hurt me a lot more than it hurt Robert. Jesus, okay. This isn't going to work- well, at least until I hear the jeering and apologies. That capcophony... Still, at least it's no longer deafening. And maybe we can even use it to our advantage- though... I'm starting to wonder if maybe we're the bad guys, here. Would it have been so hard to move?

Can't go back on my decisions now, though. So I slowly stand up, look him in the eye, and smile. I look to the crowd, and then back to him - not in like a rude way, just trying to call his attention to it. With them on my side, that should be plenty of a motive to get him going. Though I can only help but wonder what they think of me, if I'm honest.

<Neopie> !roll 2d6+1
<Krysmbot> Neopie, 7+1 = 8
Shut Down Robert: Giving him the condition 'Gone Too Far'. I get one back.

Well. At the very least, none of us are going to come out of this smelling like roses. Still, maybe it's not too late? ... I give a look into Robert's eye, and stick my hand out- open palmed. "I think that we're just about even now. You aren't gonna start anything else, and I won't either. Okay? Let's just be done with it."

<Neopie> Manipulate Robert
<Neopie> !roll 2d6+2
<Krysmbot> Neopie, 4+2 = 6
<Neopie> oh come on
Tagging 'Gone Too Far'- gimme a thing what'll make him stop.

On the plus side, Colleen's smiling. I think she liked it. Haaah, at least there's a small benefit...

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Hot -1, Cold 2, Volatile 1, Dark -1
Harm 0/4 | Experience 3/5 | Conditions: Violent

"Okay, fine. I get it." I'm more concerned with Cassy running out of the room after getting bitten hard enough to bleed.

Secret Strength: Adam gets power/strength from feeding off people's fear

"Hold on for a second." I'm going to go make sure Cassy is fine. I get up and quickly walk out after them, keeping my distance. I don't think Alex would be much of a threat now that Cassy is on her guard, but it can't hurt to have her back. Just in case.

Hold Steady: 2d6+2 9

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

Hot -1, Cold 1, Volatile -1, Dark +2
Harm:2/4, XP:2/5, Conditions: Delusional

I let Janey lead me up to the roof. This was always one of her favorite spots. Late at night, sometimes, we'd sneak up here with a case of Mickey's and a couple of sleeping bags and sit and drink and talk and fool around and toss the empty grenades off the roof to shatter in the parking lot. Looking back, I guess it was kind of crap, but at the time it was white trash heaven.

As soon as we get through the door, I grab her and hold her tight. I think I got hit in the head, back there, and everything is dizzy, but i don't care. Janey's here! That means... that means it didn't happen! She didn't kill me. I didn't miss twenty years. I'm not dead. This whole hosed up thing was all a bad dream. Worst trip ever.

"Oh Janey," I whisper. The tears make everything blurry. All I can see is shapes, but I'd know her face anywhere. "I thought you were gone." My arm curves around her waist, finding the old familiar shape of her body. I draw her close.

I kiss her, and the taste of blood and honey mingles in our mouths. All sins are forgiven.

Turn Cassy On: 2d6-1 9

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.

Harm 2/4 | Experience 2/5 | Conditions: None

Once we get to the roof I thrust her away from me, one hand immediately going to clutch my arm and put pressure on the bite wound. loving hell this stings like poo poo, its a good thing I don't have to worry about infections anymore (probably). "What the hell got into you Alex?" But she isn't listening. I've barely go the words out when she wraps her arms around me, pulling me in, kissing me. The kiss is sweet, and the taste of blood in my mouth -even if it is my blood- is sweeter. poo poo-no.

I kiss her back, hungrily, trying to take in all the blood, while I fight an internal battle to resist.

3:14:00 PM godfalcon hold steady vs blood
3:14:06 PM godfalcon !r 2d6-1
3:14:06 PM Krysmbot godfalcon, 9-1 = 8
Taking Terrified, asking: What is going on with Alex?

The urge to bite, to sink my teeth in her neck and take her into a sweet oblivion while I feast is strong, so strong. But my fear of the urge is stronger, and I'm stronger still! I kiss her back for a moment longer, then pull free, and stare deep into her eyes, trying to read her brain. I don't think I can read brains, but... I don't have a clue where else to go from here. "I've missed you too Alex- what's happened since I saw you last?" I should play along right? I hope so. By me some time to try and figure this out.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

Harm:2/4, XP:2/5, Conditions: Delusional

I'm confused when Janey pushes me away, but I give her space. I guess it's the least you can do when you've been dead. Plus, I just remembered how she must have seen me last. gently caress.

"I've been here," I say. "Well, I can't leave. Um. It's like a prison, isn't it?" I look around the roof. "Anyway, this place hasn't really changed since the old days. Just the kids changed. You'd like some of the new ones," I promise her, warming up the subject. "In a lot of ways, stuff got a lot better. The mean ones are still mean, but there's more good ones around. There's this girl named Cassy, she's badass; reminds me of you. And there's Max, she's cool. Not sure if you should call her a she, though; I'm not real up to date on that whole scene. And there's Galatea, she's quiet but cool, and Gilda, she seems to like me, and Erica -- everyone's scared of her, but she's not that bad...."

There's this niggling little voice in the back of my head that tells me that something's wrong. Something doesn't add up.

"I don't blame you," I blurt. "I... I wanted you to know that I'm not angry about... how things fell out. With the guns." I look down at my feet. "I wish things had ended differently, but they didn't. I wish I'd known then what i know now. I wish... well. But it wasn't your fault. We agreed. Anyway, if it had to be someone, I'm glad it was me, and not you."

Something's still wrong. I can't work out what it is.

"Why'd you come back?" Pause. "And why haven't you aged?

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Harm 0/4 | XP 2/5 | Conditions:

Ohhhhh! That's ~awesome~! He feeds on fear and suffering, just like the Great Old Ones! They'll consumes the stars and heavens and souls of all that's ever lived, of course, but suffering's one of their favorite aspects of this doomed world.

Grinning at the sudden revelation, I offer a silent prayer up to Gogol'Moroth, in thanks for his blessing. I stand perfectly still for about fifteen seconds to finish it, then retake my seat like nothing happened. Since Adam's run out, the fight's petered out, and Jake's out and about, there's no one fun to talk or watch here right now. Slipping my phone out of my pocket, looks like it's time for me to send a few messages.

txt to Jake posted:

Where you at?

txt to Adam posted:

I know you're undead somehow, and I know you feed on suffering and fear. We should meet, privately. And don't plan on trying to threaten or scare me, it won't work.

Rauri fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Oct 7, 2015

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Harm 0/4 | Experience 3/5 | Conditions: Violent

Okay, I guess Cassy isn't actually in danger. I'm getting ready to head back, when Alex starts talking about how she can't leave and calling Cassy Janey. Maybe I shouldn't still be here, but...I want to know more about this. I'm still listening when I see I got a new message from Erica.

As I read it, I feel a small bit of panic set in. How did she find out? My first instinct is to just text 'No'. I mean, it's not like she can actually tell anyone, right? Yet I can't help but feel like she's going to do something drastic, and at least this way I'll know about it. I send a brief text back.

Text to Erica posted:

Okay

Nothing more then that for now. I can find out how she knows and what she wants from me later. I direct my attention back to the conversation between Alex and Cassy.

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Me "IRL" :smug:
Fun Shoe

Hot +1, Cold -1, Volatile -1, Dark +2
Harm:0/4, XP:2/5, Conditions:

Okay, yeah, this should be easy. This would be easy. Regardless of how I got my start, I'm Galatea Ballard, right? Socialite, daughter of famous people. I can be lively and talkative and convincing, there was no reason for me to burn bridges just to let someone down, I'd just do it gently.

So, gently it would be, luckily I was still a little before class started, so I headed down to the gym where Coach Rita'd probably be, and I knocked on her office door, ignoring the stink of rubber mats that should have been replaced like...a decade ago (ugh).

Assuming she was indeed in her office, I poked my head in, and said "Hey coach, you got a minute?"

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.
KittyEmpress isn't going to be around for a while, and might even be dropping out due to some pretty awful workstuff, so for the time being I'm going to NPC Gilda.

Max: "Gone too far? You started this poo poo!" Robert spits back. "Over some stupid loving seats? Really?"
He gives you the Condition 'Petty'.

"Now you want to end it? Not until you and your little bitch squad apologize for getting the two of us even more poo poo from these assholes, got it?"

He wants an apology, specifically for setting up him and Nelson as targets for the people who called them faggots

Colleen: The book sails past Robert's head, and just as Cassy, Alex and Adam are leaving the classroom, the textbook hits the person coming through the door right in the face. Uh... that's the homeroom teacher, who lets out a gasp of pain and surprise, and glares right at you. (Conveniently ignoring/forgetting the three absentees) What do you do?

Cassy: Doesn't she... remind you of you, just a bit? Alex Phane viewed through the filter of Cassy Robinson; intense, passionate, dangerous. It doesn't explain the 'Janey' thing, but... that person is clearly important to her. What do you do? Do you press further for details, or play along with Alex, or just fess up and tell her the truth?

Alex: Is it really wrong if it's so good? What have you missed the most about Janey? You notice she's bleeding... you bit her! But she doesn't seem to mind. What do you think about that?

Anna: As quickly as Hugo pointed out Gilda, he changes focus. - You spend too much time in passivity. Your destiny is greater than that. You should seize the day by the throat! - How do you interpret that?

Erica:

quote:

just meditating in newsroom. had a run in w/ Adam, rear end in a top hat. need 2 calm down 4 day. wassup?

Adam: So, what do you make of this, exactly? Does it bother or intrigue you? Do you stay hidden or get involved?

Galatea: She's... not there right now. The door's unlocked and open, the lights are on, which all says she's been here recently, and will probably be back soon, but for now you're alone in the office! What do you see on the desk that surprises you? Is it is a good or a bad surprise? What do you do while you wait?

Everyone: New Scene, Singletons Refreshed.

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Funny Little Guy Aficionado.

Hot +2 Cold +1 Volatile -1 Dark -1
Harm 1/4 | Experience 2/5 Conditions: Petty
Outfits: Max's Tank Top, Alex's Nirvana Ensemble, Gilda's Getup
Currently Wearing : Normal Tank Top (Max's Own Clothes)

I honestly can't say he's wrong. I kiiinda hosed up. Whatever, I think I still gained something from this, and I have absolutely no problem making this be okay with apologies. Seems fair enough to me, and I sure as hell didn't want people talking about them like that. For all Robert and Nelson's faults, they're a super cute couple, and considering my... situation, I would be a hypocrite if I didn't say something, honestly.

So I turn to the crowd, and go "Okay, what the gently caress, guys? We might have had a problem here, but there's no reason to say any of that poo poo. Look, I'll /personally/ come deal with it if any of you have trouble with it, got it? It's not like half of you haven't experimented, don't loving lie to me. Now sit your asses down and behave."

Shut Down because I felt like I should roll something!<Nea> Shut Down
<Nea> !roll 2d6+1
<Krysmbot> Nea, 7+1 = 8
Lose non-existent strings on each other

And then I turn back to Colleen, take her by the hand, and lead her back to a seat- maybe not those particular ones, but some. Let's sit the two of us down, and hopefully, that should be the end of it. I give her hand a confident suqqeze, then plop down into my seat- I hope no one can tell how much my heart's pumping, that I'm shivering- that could have been real loving bad.

Well... Colleen might be able to tell.

<Nea> Turn On Colleen
<Nea> !roll 2d6+2
<Krysmbot> Nea, 8+2 = 10
Taking string.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

Harm 2/4 | Experience 3/5 | Conditions: None

"I..." I don't understand whats going on at all. She's acting like me? Sort of... but why? And Janey... I don't understand this at all! What is she saying, she's trapped here... in the school? We all are, more or less... but the kids are changing- that... she isn't any older than I am so its not like she could be repeating grades. Now I understand even less, wait- GUNS? My head really hurts. What I wouldn't give to just.... sink my teeth in and drink my problems away. I'd even understand what was going on with her if I did that. But no- I can be strong. Just fake it until you make it Cassy.

"I..." I'm about to keep pretending to be Janey, but that feels even crueler than just telling her at this point. "Oh Alex, I'm not Janey- I'm Cassy." I wrap her in a tight hug before she has a chance to respond more than that. I don't want her freaking out or anything if I can help it. "I don't understand whats going on Alex. Can you explain?"

6:16:19 PM godfish turn on Alex
6:16:21 PM godfish !r 2d6+2
6:16:21 PM Krysmbot godfish, 7+2 = 9
Self/Promise/String
Marking exp for hot

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

Harm:2/4, XP:2/5, Conditions: Delusional Terrified

When the delusion breaks, it shatters. It isn't that Janey looks any different now than she did a second ago, it's that something inside my head stops getting in the way. Not Janey. Cassy. I've been talking to Cassy. And I bit Cassy. And she heard me talking about....

Oh. God.

I want to sink through the floor in embarrassment. And, unwillingly, I start to do just that, when Cassy hugs me. And it's, like, the best. Half an hour ago, this would be the highlight of my week. She cares. She's the first one in a long time.

Hold Steady: 2d6+1 9 Losing Delusional, gaining Terrified. Also, giving Cassy what she thinks she wants; an explanation.

I slump into her arms. Whatever energy had been keeping me going in the classroom is all gone now. I don't even remember when I started crying. "Janey.... she was my girlfriend." I try to find words to explain, words that don't involve admitting that I'm a ghost, but I don't want to lie to Cassy. And i don't have the energy to be clever. "Where we lived, it wasn't a good place to be... different. We got picked on a lot, and... and I guess it sounds stupid now, but I didn't see any reason to go on living after Kurt Cobain died...."

It's like someone else is speaking. The words just spill out. A flood of them.

"...and then she shot me."

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

Okay, that makes sense, girlfriend, different, yeah. The picture is a bit clearer than I'd like even. Hang on, did Kurt Cobain die in like... the 90s? Definitely before I was born. "Alex... You... SHE SHOT YOU?" My voice is clearly horrified. I start to pull back so I can look her in the face but reconsider it and hug her even tighter. "Jesus Alex- why?" Her girlfriend shot her before I was born, and she's still here. "Are... are you a ghost?" The question sounds ridiculous, even to someone like me who knows vampires and demons and weird bugmonsters are real. But I can't come up with anything else that fits.

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Harm 0/4 | XP 3/5 | Conditions: Shadowed

Oh. So by meditating, he means smoking our weed. Even if he does usually pay for it, that's what happens to the Newspaper staff newbie. Can't help it if no one else has joined, now can I? Since it looks like class is going to take a minute, I keep texting away, giggling as I do at how angry the teacher looks and how violent this morning has been.

txt to Jake posted:

Aww, sucks for you. Will join you in a bit :)

Grabbing the strap on my backpack, I drag it up a few rows, to grab a seat one of them melee combatants vacated. Conveniently next to Anna, how lucky! And also, totally why I picked that seat! Love her goth thing. Cassy and Adam are both gone, no Doug or Rosie, so I might as well enjoy some downtime. After all, even prophets need to play.

Plopping down in my seat, I whip my phone out of my pocket to check for messages even though I'd checked not ten seconds before, I haven't gotten any new ones. That done, I look up at Ana, trying to share my good cheer with her. Specifically, a gigantic grin and me leaning forward, letting her glance down my top. "Morning Anna! Interesting day so far, your thoughts?"

<Rauri> Turn on Anna
<Rauri> !r 2d6-1
<Krysmbot> Rauri, 5-1 = 4 +3 = 7
<Rauri> Hmm
<Rauri> Dark Power time
Using Elsewhile Power to use the Fae's Unashamed, boosting the roll to 7. Both Gogol'Moroth and Anna take strings on Erica, and she gains Shadowed.

For a second it looks like she's not all that excited to see me, and in that second I seethe. That's it - so much for resting. Calling upon Gogol'Moroth's power, I grant him more of my soul, delighting in the loss I feel and caused, and it's as if something washes over me. It's not so much that I'm hotter, per say, so much as I'm hiding my flaws from being thought about. Sort of a necessity for many cultists to pass in society, but for me, it's just a way to make sure I make a lasting impression. Anna will pay attention to me - I'm still leaned forward and this dress has a few more buttons undone than would pass at most schools, after all.

Rauri fucked around with this message at 11:18 on Oct 10, 2015

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

Harm:2/4, XP:2/5, Conditions: Terrified

What can i say? I didn't mean to tell her everything, but I looped. I nod, stupidly. "Yeah. I am. I... haunt the school."

I wait for the floor to open up and swallow me whole.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Hot: -1, Cold: 1, Volatile: -1, Dark +2
Harm: 0/4, Exp: 3/5, Conditions: ---

Oh poo poo. I didn't mean to bean the teacher. I need to like, stop getting so involved. I'm a fixer, not a breaker! Well, in public.

"S-Sorry Mr. Carson," I blurt out. "Alex just forgot her book and I thought I would throw it to her, I didn't see you at all!" Hopefully he's in a forgiving mood today?

Manipulating Mr. Carson, please don't punish me! Hot: 2d6-1 = 7! What does he want?
Marking XP for Hot.

I let Max pull me to an empty seat next to him, which makes me feel much better about life in general. "That was really brave," I said, giving his hand a little squeeze back before letting it go. "Thank you for rescuing me."

---

Just a note, Collen is under the mistaken assumption that Max is a guy.

mistaya fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Oct 10, 2015

Gato
Feb 1, 2012

Hot -1 Cold 1 Volatile -1 Dark 2
Harm 1/4 Experience 2/5 Conditions: Presumptuous, Exposed

Spooky stuff. Seriously, though... Cassy, Alex and Gilda... that's troubling. I mean, I know what Alex's deal is, I think I do at least, but Cassy's a bit more of a mystery. Like I said, I always took her for one of those insecure types trying way too hard to be tough... but dangerous? I guess I'll have to keep an eye out, but I don't think we've ever really interacted, and I already said, I'm happy to leave Alex to her. Well, not happy, but...

--- you spend too much time in passivity. your destiny is greater than that. you should seize the day by the throat! ---

Yeah, thanks Hugo. Can't a girl angst in peace? It might be his way of trying to pick me up, but I know what's really got him so energised. All the people I give a poo poo about are out of the way. Alex is off with Cassy, Max is getting touchy-feely with Colleen and Gal... I'm not going to think about Gal. So from Hugo's point of view, there shouldn't be anything stopping me from getting some use out of the people of significance. People like Adam and... huh, speak of the devil. Or devil worshiper. Whatever. And she's really determined to let me look down her top. Huh. That's not really my thing, but...

... wait. What am I saying? Erica is seriously hot, that evil grin, that crazy gleam in her eyes... my cheeks are burning, and I'm suddenly very aware of how buttoned up and plain I must look in my jacket and T-shirt...

--- I thought you were stronger than this. the zealot has few weapons available to her, and you have seen this one already. it is enough to indicate your interest; you need not demean yourself in the process. ---

Hugo snaps me back to reality. Yeah. I don't do horny. God, guess I'm still mixed up from this morning. "Interesting? Yeah, I guess. What's got everyone so violent? You and Rosie, sure, but Max too? And same deal with Cassie and Alex..." And Gal. "Something in the water, maybe? Or a hot new dating tip? Thought it was a guy thing beating people up for attention. Speaking of which, you should really do your top up... wouldn't want people to get the wrong idea."

Shut Down (Shadowed) Erica: 2d6+2 6
Spending a string to boost that to 7, picking mutual string loss, so we're both back at 0.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

I stare at her for a moment, not sure how to respond. I'm sure there are worse places to haunt, but right now I can't think of one less pleasant than Whitewillow. "Oh Alex..." I also have no idea how to help a ghost. "Um... do you know why you attacked that girl back in class?" I need to figure out if that was because she's a ghost or... something else. I have to help her, but I need to know she won't be a threat to other people because of what she is, not who she is.

And she didn't answer the question I was most curious about. My voice is low when I ask her again, "Why did Janey shoot you?"

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Harm 0/4 | XP 4/5 | Conditions: Shadowed

That's not the reaction I wanted. That's not the reaction I wanted at all. Grrr.

"Hahaha." I laugh at her remark, but there's absolutely no cheer in it. Pulling back in my seat and holding the unbuttoned top of my dress together like I'm deeply concerned about it, I'm still looking right at her. Haven't broken eye contact at all, as a matter of fact. It feels like people in class are watching us, so I'm not letting her get away with that remark. poo poo, there was practically an orgy in another class last year, pretty sure showing off some cleavage isn't killing anybody. Least she can do is not be a bitch about it, the stupid gothy pagan.

Releasing my hand from my dress, I put my goods back on display, then shoot a glance down at her t-shirt covered chest. Not letting people around here think I've gone soft. In a loud voice, I'm calling her out. "Since we're giving out unsolicited advice, you should invest in some padded bras."

<Rauri> Shut Down Anna
<Rauri> !r 2d6+2
<Krysmbot> Rauri, 8+2 = 10
Giving Anna the condition Flat, marking xp.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

Harm:2/4, XP:2/5, Conditions: Terrified

"I asked her to. Because when you do it that way, it isn't suicide." My voice sounds weird and flat to my ears. Cold. "We made a pact. She brought two guns. But I couldn't... She could."

I look away. "I don't know why I attacked that girl back there. I don't even remember deciding to do it. I was just angry, all of a sudden. I wanted blood. And someone shouted something that... well, it reminded me of back then, when I was alive. This school is a bad place now, but back then it was so much worse. You have no idea. I wanted to punch the whole school in the face."

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

Harm 2/4 | Experience 4/5 | Conditions: None

"oh. . . I'm sorry." What can I even say?

I just stand there holding her in incredibly awkward silence for a long time. Finally. "Well... as long as we do it a little more... discreetly, I can help you with that? Punching people in the face, I mean." I smile at her, trying to ignore the throbbing pain in my arm from where she bit me. I really want to eat. Not her though. Even if I was starving I think I'd find someone else after hearing that story. "Want a smoke?" I could do with one. Help keep my mind off my thirst. I slowly let her go and pull out the pack from this morning, pushing two out and offering one to her and then light up. A thought occurs to me, and I flip my phone out and start doing a quick search.

9:10:33 PM godfish gazing into the google abyss, what happened to janey
9:10:37 PM godfish !r 2d6-1
9:10:38 PM Krysmbot godfish, 10-1 = 9
Confusing and alarming results please, what happened to Janey?
exp for Dark

Gato
Feb 1, 2012

Harm 1/4 Experience 3/5 Conditions: Presumptuous, Exposed, Flat

Ha. Guess I hit a nerve. Whatever, it's not like she can say anything to me that I haven't already said to myself a dozen times over. I do my best impression of a friendly shrug. "Whatever. We've all got to work with what we've got, right? So I take it back, keep them on display. Nobody's queuing up for your charming personality." I smile at her, unfazed. Gal always said I had a spooky smile. So I never smiled much with her, or maybe it was the other way around. But Erica? She'll eat this right up, crazy edgy Satanist that she is.

I lean in toward her, still smiling, until my face is inches away from hers. "Besides, you had my attention already. What can I do for you?"

Turn On (Shadowed) Erica: 2d6 7
String/promise/self?

Hugo's watching me with interest from the teacher's desk. Aren't you proud of me, stupid bird?

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

Harm:2/4, XP:3/5, Conditions: Terrified

I take the cigarette, but don't smoke it. I just sit down next to Cassy, leaning against her shoulder instead. I guess i should feel better for having finally gotten that off of my chest, but I just feel blasted out. Wasted.

I can't help but smile as she offers to beat people up for me, though. "Thanks. You're a good friend." I take her hand, the one that isn't playing with the phone, and give it a squeeze. "I've been alone for a long time; I don't even really remember how long. It's nice not to be."

Turn Cassy On: 2d6-1 11

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Harm 0/4 | Experience 3+1/5 | Conditions: Violent

Alex starts talking about her past - how she died, became a ghost - and Cassy is listening to her. Except I guess realizing she was hallucinating or something freaked her out. And Cassy is kind of scared too. Which is making it a bit hard to focus on the conversation. Even though I'm not near them, and even though I did eat earlier, I can't help but think about getting closer and feeding off them. Even if it's going to be obvious I followed the two of them to a private conversation.

Hold Steady: 2d6+2 9
Choosing to keep my cool, marking XP for rolling Cold

But I hold off and wait a bit more. I guess I'm not the only dead person around, but Alex is still different then me. Not that it seems she has it easy or anything, it'd suck being stuck haunting this school. And it looks like Cassy is offering to help and has the situation under control. I should go. I don't want to, especially with how close Alex is getting to Cassy. But...I think, between the two of us, Cassy would be better off with Alex. I slowly head back down the stairs, carefully making sure I don't make any noise on the way. Might as well head on back to homeroom then.

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Hmm, Anna isn't backing down. Even after she got me in trouble a few weeks ago and I let it slide, guess she thinks she's serious business. Even throws another barb my way. I'm growing less pleased by the minute. Normally I'd be plotting hideous revenge on her, but I did just stare at her tits for a while, clad or not, and she's not as flat as I said. Add to that her enigmatic, aloof even, expression... yeah, Anna's kinda hot. Would be a waste to kill her. Still, I shrug at her, like this whole thing is on her.

Giving Anna a string.

"Ohh, just thought it'd been a while since we hung out so was going to ask you to do that, then you got all snippy with me." Truth be told, we've never really hung out. She's stopped by the newspaper room once or twice, but that's been it. Pulling my phone back out, I break eye contact first to see who's messaged me. Making her think my social life is more active than hers doesn't hurt me, either. "Want to chill later today? It'll be fun." For one of us, at least.

Rauri fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Oct 12, 2015

Gato
Feb 1, 2012

Harm 1/4 Experience 3/5 Conditions: Presumptuous, Exposed, Flat

Oh Erica, you're not as enigmatic as you think. I can tell I've gotten under her skin. Still, I'm not going to push her any further. I was looking for company earlier, and now I've got an offer, and a more solid one than I got from Adam or Max. And Erica's pretty fun, though I'm definitely not going to vent about Gal to her. Whatever, we can have a smoke and shoot the poo poo about serving unfathomable beings from beyond the void. Only mine's real. Time for an olive branch, then.

"Yeah, sure, why not. I could do with a break, had a rough morning. Sorry if I pushed the wrong buttons." That's what it feels like sometimes - you offer people your feelings from a menu, you learn what they like best, you narrow it down until it's so efficient as to be meaningless... until you get it wrong. Not that I got it wrong just now. She wouldn't give a poo poo about me if I started drooling over her tits. At least I hope not. "What's the plan? Lunch, after school? Anyone else?"

--- well done. while caution is admirable, sometimes you must reach out to seize life's opportunities. ---

-- I'm still not sure what I've seized, Hugo. And she started this. I don't even know what she wants, really. --

Gaze into the Abyss re: (Shadowed) Erica: 2d6+3 9
I'll spend a string to boost it to 10. The visions are lucid and detailed, the visions cure me, removing Exposed. What does Erica want from Anna?

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.
Alex: As you give her hand a squeeze, you can't help but feel her pulse. Blood. Blood pulsing through her veins, sweet as honey. Roll hold steady to avoid trying to Feed again

Cassy: Janey, Janey, she is... your Google search gives back a long list of things connected to anyone names "Jane" or "Janey", but then refreshes the page automatically and gives a very strange response - only one result. "Janey Loves You". What do you make of that?

Adam: Well, you mean to get back to class, but you run into a problem in the halls. What/who is it?

Max: The situation's defused by you, Robert and the arrival of a teacher, but you can tell this isn't over, just postponed. What would you have done differently, in hindsight?

Colleen: "Well, then." Carson picks up the book. "When you next see her, tell her she has detention, that I hold her responsible for this. Since it was her fault, not yours, right?" Either you let Alex take the fall, or own up to it being your fault!

Erica: Out of everything that's happened so far before class, what do you think makes the best story? Do you plan to put any of it in the paper? What will you do if Anna turns you down? You feel Gogol'Moroth's gaze upon you, like He is taking a fractional interest in what you decide.

Anna: -The Zealot wants a...- Hugo pauses to cackle. Is that a good or a bad sign? -Oh, she wants a friend, and an enemy, in the same person! She's picked you for the role, Anna, do you feel honoured?- He still has a mirthful tone, clucking to himself as he shifts on his perch.

Next prompt will move us to next scene

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

Hold Steady: 2d6+1 7 Since I already have Terrified and the scene is about to end, i ask a question: What would happen if Alex was to try to feed? Ie; how much did the wish make her like a vampire in that way?

As I watch Cassy play with her phone, I marvel at it; I'll never stop being amazed at these little computery things that everyone seems to take for granted. It's better than Star Trek, and no one seems to care.

I'm so engrossed that I catch myself nuzzling her neck. She smells... wonderful.

I stand up hurriedly, dusting my knees off. I hope she doesn't notice. "So, um... Should we get back to class?"

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

Hmm. I stare at the phone, rather unnerved. I'd expected to find nothing, hoped to find some news story from ~20 years ago saying something like 'Student Janey arrested for murder' or 'witness to tragic suicide in high school goes on to found suicide prevention hotline' or something. Not uh... My phone to be haunted by... Janey? Which is uh. Pretty loving creepy, actually. I click the result link though, to see if it elaborates more. I don't think I really want to show this message to Alex.

Speaking of Alex, she's getting closer and closer to me as we sit there, her drifting into my neck, nuzzling it a little, and I can't help but recall her kiss from moments earlier, and I start to turn a bit red, a rare feat for me since I turned. I don't know if I want her to start kissing me again or not, but my body is certainly excited at the idea. For the possibility of a meal or just the old hormones hanging around I'm unsure. Luckily(?) she seems to realize what she was doing and jumps to her feet, suggesting we go back to class. I... Am not really in a position for that right now, actually. "Uh, you can, but I should probably.... get this checked out." I glance down at my bitten arm awkwardly. "I'll meet you there?"

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

"Oh!" I stare at the blood. "Sorry! I'm so sorry..."

I lick my lips, and start to offer to help her to the nurse's office, but... no. Better not. "I'll see you there," I say, looking at the ground and definitely not staring hungrily at her, for any reason.

I turn to go, and it's only when I'm hustling down the steps from the roof that i realize that I forgot to open the door before walking through it.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

I make soothing noises as Alex suddenly realizes what she did to me and apologizes and runs for the stairs. I don't try that hard though to make her feel better or stop her because, well... she did bite my arm! I stare at the door she passed through for a long moment, then let out a longer sigh and turn back to look over the side of the building. She really is a ghost then. Life just got a little more complicated.

Making to stub out my cigarette on the roof, I change my mind just before pressing it in and bring it back up to my lips to take another drag, staring at my cellphone as it loads the whatever the 'Janey loves you' link was leading to. I'll look at this, smoke another cig and then go to the nurse.

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Hmm. On one hand, "Rosie - Back on her Knees again" would make for a grand article title. Also, during the fight, kinda true I guess. But she's going to be dead soon, so there's no reason to antagonize her further, I won't get any fun out of it.

Instead, I've though of something better. "Classroom Combat - is it Cliche?" A whole, researched article on why fighting in the classroom rarely results in someone taking a proper beating, using today's class as an example. Add in some tips and tricks for finding spots that the teachers don't watch well to put some work in on other students too, to see if we can't get more misery and suffering flowing out of this place. I'll just frame the whole thing as satirical, while it's all really helpful info. If you want to hurt people real badly, anyways.

Speaking of, I sneak a glance back over at Anna. Not really sure why she's being so antagonistic, but whatever. I'll figure out some way to hurt her if that's the way she wants to play it, but it's not like she's the Old Gods enemy, just mine. Their Will comes first. Besides, I'm a prophet and not a serial killer. Hoping she actually wants to hang out, though - despite all this bullshit, she still seems cooler than most of the clowns that go here.

Still though... I want to know. What's Anna scared of? Never hurts to have a bit of knowledge someone doesn't want you - or anyone - to have. I'll just listen to the whispers of the Old Gods, and maybe they'll tell me...

<Rauri> Gaze about Anna, have Shadowed
<Rauri> !r 2d6+2
<Krysmbot> Rauri, 8+2 = 10
Visions are clear and lucid probably going to be shadow-hijacked, visions show me what to do are at least granting +1 forward.

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Me "IRL" :smug:
Fun Shoe

Hot +1, Cold -1, Volatile -1, Dark +2
Harm:0/4, XP:3/5, Conditions:

"...oh." I exhale in a grump. Okay, no Coach Rita. drat, and I had gotten myself worked up and everything.

Still, maybe I'd just wait, or better yet, leave her a note or whatever. To that end, I swept around behind her desk and sat down, fishing for a pen and some paper.

And...that was when I saw it, in the open desk drawer - a stack of DVDs. I noticed them immediately - they were mine...well, Galatea's. Her dances, stuff like that. Kind of creepy that the coach would keep those, especially in a drawer tucked away. Ew?

Holding steady to not freak out about the coach having her old DVDs

2d6-1: 8 [2d6=4, 5]

Keeping cool, taking xp

But no, it made sense, she was scouting me out or whatever. Gosh, Rita was really into this whole get the ruined celebrity on the gymnastics team thing, wasn't she? That won't happen, obviously.

But I felt bad. I had an idea for a workaround. Even if it did make me feel like a character out of Pitch Perfect or something stupid like that. But whatever, nothing ventured, nothing gained, right?

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

"Oh... That's..." I winced. It's not like Alex was mine but I'd really been strongly considering adding her to my collection and that meant not damaging her- no point in buying broken goods. But Mr. Carson is offering me a way out and there's really no reason NOT to take it, right?

I think it over for a few brief seconds, and turn to Max, sitting next to me. Max would be upset if I let Alex take the rap, I can tell just from the way he's watching me. And I really want him to like me... So...

"No, that's not fair Mr. Carson. I'm the one who threw it. Don't punish Alex..." I sink into my chair, as contrite as possible.

Gato
Feb 1, 2012

Erica: From the babble of hissing, chittering whispers, a stronger voice emerges, a croaking sound like a crow's call. The words are not English, but the knowledge they impart lingers in your mind regardless. Anna has spent her life alone, watching and judging from the shadows, telling herself she is content because the alternative would be to rely on others, and face the inevitable disappointment. The only thing that unsettles her more than having her happiness rest on somebody else, the voice tells you, would be having someone else rely on her for their happiness. Anna can handle people being bitchy, dickish, cold, even violent... but vulnerability would make her freeze in her tracks.

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.
Colleen: "That's what I thought. Detention, one hour after school for the rest of the week. I hope you like using a mop, Colleen." Detentions are handed out here way too easily, because the school doesn't actually have a janitor - they just get students on detention to do the cleaning instead. But Max gives you a reassuring pat on the shoulder - he's happy, at least, that you didn't throw Alex to the metaphorical wolves. That's something, isn't it?

Galatea: Soon, Coach Rita arrives back at her office, surprised to see you there. "Morning, champ. You... do know lessons have started, right?" Geez, how long have you been here, you must have lost track of time! "What's up, must be important if it couldn't wait until after school!" How do you break the news to her?

Cassy: What do you tell the nurse your injury is from? How badly do you pretend to be hurt? Now that you have some time to yourself to think, what are you going to do about your Ghost friend?

Alex: Feeding wouldn't sustain Alex, but blood doesn't taste... icky or anything anymore.

Everyone: After some boring classes by teachers who don't care, people break for lunch. How do you spend the start of yours? Who with? (more detailed prompts after we get that settled, sorry for the short post but I am scrambling a bit after having to NPC TWO players)

New Session, highlights as follows:

Alex->Cassy
Cassy->Galatea
Erica->Adam
Anna->Alex
Adam->Colleen
Colleen->Anna
Galatea->Erica

AdjectiveNoun fucked around with this message at 14:05 on Oct 19, 2015

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

The link doesn't go anywhere, unfortunately, so I stump down to the nurses'. Luckily I don't have to think hard to come up with a fake story that doesn't get Alex in trouble. By now everyone should have heard of the big street fight happening right outside the school this morning, so I tell her that I got bitten when it burst out while I was trying to get past. Bunch of psychos in the crowd and all that. The wound is pretty obviously a human bite, so she doesn't seem to question it.

I play the wound up a little bit, it doesn't hurt me nearly as much as it probably should, so I just act like it does, and take the chance to rest in one of the crappy nurse's cots until lunch. She comes in to check it and clean it out again with alcohol swabs or something like that a couple times, each one making it sting more rather than less, but I guess that's the cost of skipping class with permission. The time not spent wincing while I'm being treated, I think about Alex. It doesn't help much, I have no idea what to do about her. I guess just... be friendly? If she thinks she has a friend she'll be happier, and less likely to freak out on people, right? But she's into girls, so I hope she doesn't get the wrong idea. I don't want to get too close to her and end up eating her.

Why is life so complicated? Would be so much nicer to just... drink... my problems away.

At lunch, I get up to go. The nurse insists on one last bandage change, commenting that the human mouth is one of the dirtiest things in the world, heh, and then I'm free to go. I still want to meet with Colleen, so I head to the lunchroom, not having any better idea of where to meet her.

Galatea, highlight Dark

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

I don't like using a mop. But I do like it when Max squeezes my shoulder... But probably not as much as I'll hate this later.

:(

I manage to beat Robert out of class so I don't have to deal with him, at least. Head for math, and history, both of which are like two years behind the school I used to go to so it's not like I need to study or care, I know this stuff already. That's the really crappy part about Whitewillow, to me. The classes suck and the teachers don't care. I don't feel like my A's mean anything here. Not like they used to.

Lunch is another glare-fest between me and the cafeteria troll-woman, but I stick to the prepackaged Taquitos and while they are vile they will probably not kill me. Probably.

I head for my usual spot, right by the big window. Hopefully Cassy and Alex and maybe Max and Gilda will join me today? Though Gilda kinda took off and Max didn't say he would... so maybe not. I was feeling pretty lonely and bored when Cassy showed up, FINALLY. "Hey!" I said, waving and polishing off the last of my Taquito. "What did you want me to look at anyway? We kinda got interrupted this morning. I mean, did you see how Max stood up for me against Robert? Wasn't that just the coolest, I wanted to act tough but like, that was the real deal..."

---
Wingman activates! Max rolls to Turn On Cassy, but since Max is being NPC'd I'll do it for Neo. Max's Hot: 2d6+2 = 10! gains a string~
Anna's feeling Volatile after this morning.

• Locked thread