Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Radio Spiricom posted:

i've convinced myself that i've seen all i need to by them (haruhi, lucky star, nichijou, k-on, hyouka) and i want someone to convince me otherwise

Euphonium is short and really pretty, so go watch that at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
KyoAni please give us a Hyouka film that's just an hour and a half of the second ending, thanks.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Davincie posted:

i want both

I also want both but let's face it, the ED2 spin-off film is more likely to happen and also would be commensurably cuter. Frame it as one of Houtarou's daydreams that way it can end with them kissing.

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 08:50 on Sep 22, 2015

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Is there a synopsis somewhere of how the Haruhi film and the Disappearance of Nagato Yuki-chan fit in with the plot of Melancholy? Because I can't remember what I've actually seen and I don't want to rewatch all of Melancholy.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Zas posted:

huh what do you mean specifically by art? like the BGs and environments? I feel like the worst thing you can say about k-on S1 aesthetically is that it's not their most imaginative season of TV, but I remember everything looking pretty slick, and as mentioned the character animation in particular is really good

K-On s01 definitely has a noticeably lower budget than s02, to the point where I found s02 looked really weird getting into it immediately after watching s01. It's not exactly what I'd call bad, though, just noticeably cheap.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Yeah, the film was an immediately noticeable step up in terms of sound design/audio fidelity.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

In Training posted:

Agree. I wish everybody in the K-On band was worse at their instruments, or we ever saw episodes where they sounded bad. Maybe there were but I watched it 4 years ago and I forget.

I watched all of K-On this summer and they sounded just as professionally-produced in s01 as they do in s02 or the film. The only change they ever undergo musically is adding a second guitar.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Spiritus Nox posted:

Anyhow, thinking I might pick up Hyouka. What should I expect from that show, Goons?

Absurdly good animation, very cute character moments and really good character development, interesting "mysteries," good pacing, a final episode that will leave you screaming at your monitor and wanting to put your fist through it (because it's really good and really frustrating).

Watch Hyouka.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Budget Prefuse posted:

for what it's worth, i thought the beyond the boundary movie was great and way better than the series. it had a coherent message, was ridiculously beautiful and had better writing in general. i would have LOVED it if it was a pure romance movie but unfortunately it had too many (extremely cool) action scenes. i loved the disgusting body horror design of the main villain though

Is this the recap movie or the sequel? It would be nice if the recap fixes the plot problems people mentioned.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Parallax posted:

I started watching Hyouka and the biggest mystery is why Oreki and Chitanda don't just kiss already

I'm looking forward to your reaction when you finish the show.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

This ended up being one of my favourite things about the show because it's very recognisably one of those blue plastic Staedtler mechanical pens that everyone's always had, and just shows how much effort they put into what would otherwise be pointless details.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Ali Alkali posted:

By comparing the names of published books and episode names, it seems that most of the source material for Hyouka was used up for the first season. Which means the second season when it comes are just going to be Chitanda and Oreki kissing and operating a farm together.

I'm unclear why you're trying to imply that this is a bad thing??? :confused:

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

I really love Euphonium. I'm feeling the need to rewatch it, and it only ended a season ago.

It's a crying shame we'll never get a second cours of it. :(

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Agronox posted:

Why wouldn't he be?

It's easy to read "flamboyant + arts and crafts + weirdly fixated on someone with a diametrically opposite personality" as "in love with Hōtarō" because we're so used to media coding that as gay, but no, he's just a regular straight dude who likes arts and crafts.

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 09:58 on Oct 5, 2015

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

The Devil Tesla posted:

Satoshi ignored Ibara for the same reason Oreki was a weirdo about Chitanda: fear of stepping outside their comfortable persona.

In Training posted:

Teenagers are awkward people.

Hyouka is Very Good.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

This is not a Hyouka image, you must have accidentally posted the wrong thing. :colbert:

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 08:39 on Oct 7, 2015

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

aers posted:

The bad news is it (probably) delays Euphonium S2 because Yamada was codirector.

You need to face the truth of the fact that we're never getting Eupho s02. :v:

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Parallax posted:

I'm watching more Hyouka and Chitanda is about to get hosed up on chocolates

Chitanda is very powerful.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Somehow, this is the last place this gets posted?

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
I really need to watch Linda Linda Linda, but given the size of my watch queue, at this point, it won't be until 2020. :(

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
The second ED is infinitely better. :v:

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
The :v: wasn't in any way sarcastic!

I still want a Hyouka film based entirely on the second ED.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Make that a gif! :v:

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

In Training posted:

There's 23 hairdos in 11 seconds in that segment, if anyone is curious. That's ~2.1 hairdos per second, on average.

I really need to rewatch Haruhi and pay more attention to the craft involved.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Dropbox or Google Docs/Drive.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Radio Spiricom posted:

the second op of the second season is the best one

s01 OP is the only good one. :colbert:

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
If nothing else, it'll be the prettiest show airing this season.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Fangz posted:

BTW the Euphonium bonus OVA has been fansubbed.

:toot:

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Davincie posted:

congratulations to mio on her marriage

I hope she got married to Ritsu.

Also, congrats to Mio's voice actress on her marriage.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
I can't remember who it was who answered "there's no way KyoAni would make an ecchi show" when I said I hoped Phantom World wouldn't be one, but uh:

:v:

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Davincie posted:

ep 1 was okayish, ep 2 a bore

I found episode 2 funny and good.

Zas posted:

anyone watching this show/think it's any good?

It's well-animated and has a pretty likeable MC and some funny moments but it feels very LN adaptation. It has a lot of baps, if that's your thing.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Hyouka stays good until the end, although the final episode might leave you swearing at your monitor.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Daedalus1134 posted:

It was perfect. :colbert:

I didn't say it wasn't. :v:

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Namtab posted:

K-on is good and Ui is the best

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

100% acceptable.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Spiritus Nox posted:

Probably going to finish Hyouka this weekend, thinking I'll replace it with K-ON. Good call? I've gotten the impression it's a fluffy slice-of-life/comedy thing.

Yeah, Hyouka is amazing and K-on is good and fun.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Spiritus Nox posted:

I will probably be binging the last 4 episodes of Hyouka and semi-live posting about it around 8 PM CST. Just in case that's a thing anyone would like to read.

Don't spoil the ending for people who haven't seen it yet!

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Mugi is canonically into shipping her bandmates together. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Everyone knows YuiAzu is wrong anyway, because UiAzu and NodokaYui are the canon pairings.

• Locked thread