Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cronodoculous
Jun 29, 2006

You light up my life

Oh my gosh you guys Hyouka is like so good and pretty and awesome look at this gif I made of the cool vertigo shot they did

it's not a very good gif but you get the idea.

I just finished the festival episodes, and the second OP/EDs are so much better than the first ones. The first ED in particular was just... baffling. I really like how the show shifted from mystery of the week style storytelling to the bigger arcs about 6 episodes in. The festival episodes in particular were really compelling in every aspect. This some good animes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cronodoculous
Jun 29, 2006

You light up my life

Just finished Hyouka, was nice to come back to this thread to see good posts about the final episode, I totally agree with DSCPA's posts about it. It brings me back to this scene in the first episode where Oreki imagines Chitanda wrapping him up in crazy hair vines. It's kinda funny how she ends up seeing it the other way around.

Cronodoculous
Jun 29, 2006

You light up my life

The Colonel posted:

I just wanna see Oreki and Chitanda kiss.

The thing that caught me off guard in that scene was how insanely well-animated it was, but I guess you can say that about a bunch of bits in Hyouka.

Yeah I wasn't expecting that sort of thing, I thought maybe the show was heading in a weird direction, especially considering the sort of boring OP and the downright freaky ED. The next few episodes put my worries to rest, though. Whenever they used different animation styles later on, usually for mystery theorizin', it was always top notch and cool.

Cronodoculous
Jun 29, 2006

You light up my life

Namtab posted:

Besides, K-on was never about the music

it was about the cake

then again, we could just be seeing the idealized version of the cakes, maybe the cakes weren't really that good

Cronodoculous
Jun 29, 2006

You light up my life

Agronox posted:

gently caress it, if this thread lasts long enough I will watch everything!

I'm getting that same feeling. I started Lucky Star and Tamako Market the other night, and I don't think I can just ignore these Beyond the Boundary gifs forever...

Cronodoculous
Jun 29, 2006

You light up my life

Tamako Market is a good show.

Cronodoculous
Jun 29, 2006

You light up my life

In Training posted:

After spending 70 hours trying my damnedest to never be seen, it's really cathartic to roll into Africa with 3 different bazookas and blow every guard post into smithereens

Wow those special features sound more interesting than I thought, lemme add you on steam real quick.

Cronodoculous
Jun 29, 2006

You light up my life

Kanna is growing on me. I've never seen the "Likes to Fix Things" anime archetype before.

Cronodoculous
Jun 29, 2006

You light up my life

The only Hyouka episode I wasn't totally on board for was the Helicopter one, but the scenes in the library were super pretty, so I give it a pass.

Cronodoculous
Jun 29, 2006

You light up my life

Tamako Love Story was pretty great. It had the side effect of making me wish the whole series was sans bird though.

Cronodoculous
Jun 29, 2006

You light up my life

I really thought that the show was setting up for Choi to end up with the prince, they were giving the same vibes with Choi regarding the prince as they did with Mochizou regarding Tamako. Maybe that's for Tamako Love Story 2?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cronodoculous
Jun 29, 2006

You light up my life

i've been watching chunibyo and it's real weird

• Locked thread