Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Tips for newbies

- Hold Z to spot enemies while in camera mode (thanks sappo for teaching me basic controls)
- Friendly fire is on, but there are no neutral hostages yet. Lead with grenades.
- Shields are a bitch but very directional. Get around them
- Destructible walls, which look like they are made out of particle board, can be re-enforced with metal walls that only one operative can breach through. You can only put up two sections each, use them to direct the flow of combat.
- As tempting as it is to pop a hole in a window and look outside, it also is a huge red flag. Use the cameras instead.
- Barbed wire is poo poo for slowing down players but great for trapping roller cameras. Put them near stairways and blow up all their rollers.

VVVV the guy with the jammer is Mute, and he does indeed have four although they have a very small effective area. That being said if you can get a camera to run into one then it will kill it dead.

CuddleCryptid fucked around with this message at 14:35 on Sep 25, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keket
Apr 18, 2009

Mhmm
/\ also remember to hide your camera near the end of the mini-game, so you can use it later to mark enemies in the room, under cabinets etc is usually a good place. The tool that lets you destroy any robots that get too close is really good too, place it in barbed wire to hide it at the tops of stairs and stuff to stop them from coming up, you have like 4 too so use them to block of areas, i think its the defending SAS dude that has it.

Should be home in a few hours so i can play with all you PC nerds.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
I'd love to try to play this but given I don't have a download link I don't think I'll get too.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

sbaldrick posted:

I'd love to try to play this but given I don't have a download link I don't think I'll get too.

Do you have a code? You have to plug it in Uplay

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013

Keket posted:

/\ also remember to hide your camera near the end of the mini-game, so you can use it later to mark enemies in the room, under cabinets etc is usually a good place. The tool that lets you destroy any robots that get too close is really good too, place it in barbed wire to hide it at the tops of stairs and stuff to stop them from coming up, you have like 4 too so use them to block of areas, i think its the defending SAS dude that has it.

Should be home in a few hours so i can play with all you PC nerds.

Also if you put one just behind a wall, ennemy will be unable to use breaching charges on that wall.
Supposedly.

lonter
Oct 12, 2012
So i just got a beta code, for free, on amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B014K1HFAW/ref=dsvrt_review_asin_detail

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

I'll be playing this all day between eating and drinking to stay alive

See you in mumble :911:

PS, As Dream said: Marking enemies: As defenders, you can use the "5" key to bring up the CCTV system, hold down X to mark any enemies you see on the camera. Can also do the same when viewing team mates roller drones, for instance if your drone gets nuked on the pre-deployment phase, or you're dead and waiting for the round to finish

Dog Fat Man Chaser
Jan 13, 2009

maybe being miserable
is not unpredictable
maybe that's
the problem
with me
Who thought that what R6 terrorist hunt mode needed was heavy armor suicide bombers who charge you

like they're not hard to deal with it's just absurdly dumb

Dog Fat Man Chaser fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Sep 25, 2015

Keket
Apr 18, 2009

Mhmm
We're playing on pc right now, jump on CTS and get in the butts channel down in misc!

SirDrinksAlot
Aug 6, 2006

The wicked flee when none pursueth
LtDrinksAlot

Feel free to add me

Turkina_Prime
Oct 26, 2013

Not available in Canada :negative:

BurnBlackJay
May 31, 2011

by Lowtax
This is not rainbow six where the gently caress is ding chavez and hostages

Sound Insect
May 27, 2010

Currently got three of us in the buttes channel on CTS.

:rms:

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

"The dead walk among us."

Sound Insect posted:

Currently got three of us in the buttes channel on CTS.

:rms:

Now Four of us, :getin:

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Ok blow it now.

Now, now.

Why is everyone dead?

Gamesguy
Sep 7, 2010

Nm I can't read.

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

Sappo569 posted:

Ok blow it now.

Now, now.

Why is everyone dead?

Haha that was great.

Gordong Dongbay
Oct 18, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
So I got one of the codes from a giveaway, where am I supposed to download this from? I already added it to my UPlay account but I can't find a download link on the website or in my UPlay library.

Edit: I'll leave this up just in case someone has the same question. It's a known issue Ubisoft is having, just wait for your code to arrive via email after you redeem the initial one via the website.

Gordong Dongbay fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Sep 26, 2015

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

We've got room for two right now, CTS mumbles Buttes channel down in MISC

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

this game is fun even though im a bad.

Gamesguy
Sep 7, 2010

Which of the operators for defense have a rifle?

Dog Fat Man Chaser
Jan 13, 2009

maybe being miserable
is not unpredictable
maybe that's
the problem
with me
Jager, GSG-9

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Ps4 report...

It has potential but I can't get comfortable with the aiming. Feels floaty or something even with dead zone set at the lowest setting. And it's pretty ugly with not so great of frame rate. I love the teamwork aspect but the aiming is going to take some getting used to

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

After playing tonight on CTS we should rename the thread to Rainbow Six: Siege - Troubleshooting Routers Up In Here

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
So I got a code that I need to use on the RSS site after I log into uplay which I've done, but when I hit Beta Registration it just says I can't access content at this time.

Anyone else having the same issue? Could it be a region thing? I'm in Puerto Rico if that matters.

Captn Kurp
Oct 21, 2013

:bravo2:
Any idea how to deploy the shock wire as Bandit? I press the key and he just holds it and if I let go he puts it away, I've tried all sorts of places to put it and he does the same thing.

Drizvolta
Oct 31, 2011

Captn Kurp posted:

Any idea how to deploy the shock wire as Bandit? I press the key and he just holds it and if I let go he puts it away, I've tried all sorts of places to put it and he does the same thing.

As far as I've seen, you can put it on re-enforced walls and the razor wire.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Captn Kurp posted:

You look at the floor and hold the key, if it's eligible your character will move their hand to the pull tab, let go and stand still and you'll throw it down. For Bandit's toy you need to specifically place it on reinforcements or already placed wire.

e;fb

Captn Kurp
Oct 21, 2013

:bravo2:

Orv posted:

You look at the floor and hold the key, if it's eligible your character will move their hand to the pull tab, let go and stand still and you'll throw it down. For Bandit's toy you need to specifically place it on reinforcements or already placed wire.

e;fb

Ahhh I didn't know you needed to place a wire first, I'm dumb.

TY

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013

Drizvolta posted:

As far as I've seen, you can put it on re-enforced walls and the razor wire.

If you put it on a wall will that make it completely unbreachable even by thermite ?

Orv
May 4, 2011

Krogort posted:

If you put it on a wall will that make it completely unbreachable even by thermite ?

I think so, but keep in mind reinforcements can be shot through by some guns, so they could just pop it with the right shot.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Opinions on Fuze's cluster charge breaching thing?

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

kalstrams posted:

Opinions on Fuze's cluster charge breaching thing?

Have you ever needed to kill absolutely everything on the other side of a wall?

On the other hand, it is still a blind fire so it's hard to tell if someone actually on the other side.

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax
terrorists win

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Uh I think you mean OpFor :rolleyes:

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

So we're playing last night, and I'm running into the room head first as Blitz. Guy pops out starts shooting immediately gets flashbanged by blitz's shield, and owned owned owned owned. I couldnt stop laughing it was so hilarious, he kept screaming about "OVERPOWERED SHIELD rear end in a top hat" This is the greatest game.

Mirrors
Oct 25, 2007

Dead Like Rev posted:

So we're playing last night, and I'm running into the room head first as Blitz. Guy pops out starts shooting immediately gets flashbanged by blitz's shield, and owned owned owned owned. I couldnt stop laughing it was so hilarious, he kept screaming about "OVERPOWERED SHIELD rear end in a top hat" This is the greatest game.

Fuze and Blitz are the ultimate I'm an rear end in a top hat wombo combo shield team. Use Fuze with frags and blitz with breaches then just lead with clusters and into the breach shield assholes go.

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

Alteisen posted:

So I got a code that I need to use on the RSS site after I log into uplay which I've done, but when I hit Beta Registration it just says I can't access content at this time.

Anyone else having the same issue? Could it be a region thing? I'm in Puerto Rico if that matters.

Yeah I got an nvidia code and redeemed it, and it said "Ok we'll let you know when the beta opens" but it kind of seems like the beta is going on right now, and I haven't gotten a way to play the game. Am I missing something or have I just been put into a later wave of beta applicants?

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

Minorkos posted:

Yeah I got an nvidia code and redeemed it, and it said "Ok we'll let you know when the beta opens" but it kind of seems like the beta is going on right now, and I haven't gotten a way to play the game. Am I missing something or have I just been put into a later wave of beta applicants?

Also we've got a group starting up on CTS right now, 3 spots available. Down in Misc we're in Buttes channel, DeadLikeRev in game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013
Pro-tip, bash holes or shoot holes in walls to shoot out of and ambush people, they can barely see you through them

• Locked thread