Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What are you most excited for?
This poll is closed.
KANE 79 48.77%
The New Day 65 40.12%
The Divas Revolution 12 7.41%
John Cena 6 3.70%
Total: 162 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

MagicCube posted:

stay safe positivity ghost

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tricky Dick Nixon
Jul 26, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Retromancer posted:

The best part about this so far is both losers picked the Patriots and got completely clowned.

The Miz picked the Cleveland Browns and didn't even really know how to play and still clowned his opponent, which made his trash talk all the sweeter.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Komedy Kane is kool

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Demon Bayley should only give those half hugs that you give people you don't really like.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
Guys, guys, you guys, guys
There's only one person who can save Seth Rollins now
He's going to hell
Paul Heyman's client, BROOOOOOOCK LESNAAAAR

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012
don't worry guys, Rollins got out just fine

Golashes
Aug 8, 2006

team starslay3r!!!!!!
It would have been better if he popped back out the hole in the ring like the devil in the Keep God Out of California skits in Jackass.

Dr. Mantis Toboggan
May 5, 2003

AAAAAAAAYYYYYY WE WANT SOME NEW DAY.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

So Rusev superkick is the strongest signature move in WWE today right? Last night was the second time he won with it I think.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

quote:

Who do you think truly started the Divas Revolution?

52% Paige
7% Charlotte
1% Becky Lynch
9% Nikki Bella
1% Brie Bella
0% Alicia Fox
1% Naomi
5% Sasha Banks
1% Tamina
24% Stephanie McMahon

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I'm the 1% Tamina.

smashtcrusht
Oct 30, 2013

Internet Mature Dude

Evil Canadian posted:

So Rusev superkick is the strongest signature move in WWE today right? Last night was the second time he won with it I think.

I just assumed it was his impact finisher and the accolade being his main finisher/submission?

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Evil Canadian posted:

The way he sort of pogos on one leg right before he connects really does it for me. It makes me want to watch his short NXT run where he had all kinds of quick offense.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:

Sum Mors posted:

When is this happening? Did I miss it?

My life has gone to poo poo when i'm excited about watching WWE people play video games and talk poo poo to each other while doing so.

Rhythmic clapping and positivity has come to you in the form of the first two matches. :unsmith:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkGoPEUu2Hs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkGoPEUu2Hs

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Rusev theme on trombone is tremendous. New Day is the best comedy stable since team ECK.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Did Paige say a single thing that was incorrect or unfair in her rant, because if she did I missed it and all I could think was "you're trying to make her the bad guy but that was Pipebombshell 2.0 right there, dummies".

At least I found So Psychotic He's Turned Into A Comedy Character When Not Actively Doing Murders Kane entertaining.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

I wonder what Freud would make of this.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

She's entitled and jealous that someone else is being pushed because of nepotism which is meta and stupid because Charlotte won matches and earned a title shot whereas Paige hasn't done anything in months. It's like when Dolph Ziggler would cut dog whistle shoot promos about always being held down and people telling him to stop trying so hard to be the best

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
I caught a snake once

I skinned it

I drank its blood

It's in a better place now

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
New Day trombone is the new E&C kazoo.

Sir Jebus
Feb 9, 2010

The only hero left for man is weed.

Saw this poster in a chip shop today.

I've never been so excited in my life.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
They're gonna get sued for using those logos.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Sir Jebus posted:

Saw this poster in a chip shop today.

I've never been so excited in my life.

lmao Russo are you trying to get sued

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
Man that Paige promo sure was some obnoxiously meta bullshit. What the hell does any of what she said even mean if it's real.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

WWE sent out another survey. This one asked where do you get your wrestling news:

WWE.com
Bleacher Report
Wrestlezone
Daily Wrestling News
Wrestling Inc
Cageside Seats
Other (fill in the blank)

Name a dirtsheet.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Rovert

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
he knows..

CatelynIsAZombie posted:

How does it every make anyone look strong to have a blowout match anyway. Like how has this ever made someone go "wow he had a lovely match with that jobber he MUST be strong."

Cool yet another post that makes me go "have you ever even watched wrestling" courtesy of the WWE thread.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Luigi Thirty posted:

WWE sent out another survey. This one asked where do you get your wrestling news:

WWE.com
Bleacher Report
Wrestlezone
Daily Wrestling News
Wrestling Inc
Cageside Seats

Name a dirtsheet.

I get all my scoops from LordGoku4evr on Wrestlenewz-420.biz

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy

Spermgod posted:

What the hell does any of what she said even mean if it's real.
Everything's hosed forever and nobody cares so stop hoping.

Golashes
Aug 8, 2006

team starslay3r!!!!!!

Luigi Thirty posted:

WWE.com
Bleacher Report
Wrestlezone
Daily Wrestling News
Wrestling Inc
Cageside Seats

Name a dirtsheet.

other: "billy, who's dad works for wwf and also sony and he already got the playstation 9"

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
I get all my news from the best dirtsheets around rajahwwf.com and lordsofpain.net

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

name a cleansheet. think about it

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Cavauro posted:

name a cleansheet. think about it

lol you sleep in crusty sheets.

ParanoidInc
Apr 27, 2013

You dun scuffed me for the last time you no-good Zayn boy!
Fun Shoe
my only trusted news source got shut down last year and now is a king who loses a bunch or whatever

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Dr. Mantis Toboggan posted:

AAAAAAAAYYYYYY WE WANT SOME NEW DAY.

I know we are all just having a grand time in here and everything but please remember that if you really wanna help WWE bring prosperity to the New Day you would do best to shout that out over twitter and facebook (for what little that is actually worth to them).

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Luigi Thirty posted:

WWE.com
Bleacher Report
Wrestlezone
Daily Wrestling News
Wrestling Inc
Cageside Seats

Name a dirtsheet.

"Twitter"

81sidewinder
Sep 8, 2014

Buying stocks on the day of the crash

oatgan posted:

She's entitled and jealous that someone else is being pushed because of nepotism which is meta and stupid because Charlotte won matches and earned a title shot whereas Paige hasn't done anything in months. It's like when Dolph Ziggler would cut dog whistle shoot promos about always being held down and people telling him to stop trying so hard to be the best

Spermgod posted:

Man that Paige promo sure was some obnoxiously meta bullshit. What the hell does any of what she said even mean if it's real.

Do people ever really get over when these type of promos are done? Obviously, it helped Punk. I think HHH doing the 'I am the loving game' sit-down with JR helped him, but I can't really think of many others. They use this device pretty regularly, and it's almost always a flop.

I think the delivery and urgency of Paige's promo made it effective, but the content was just bad. Why do they keep going to this type of promo?

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

81sidewinder posted:

Why do they keep going to this type of promo?

Because it worked really well for Punk

Son of Man
Jan 29, 2003

by Azathoth

Bard Maddox posted:

I caught a snake once

I skinned it

I drank its blood

It's in a better place now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
I think that's just how they think about their product now. There's no absolutely no consideration given to presenting things as if they're real or having any kind of internal consistency. On top of that, this whole angle from the start has been about telling you there's a revolution happening rather than actually having a revolution. So this is just the next step in that. For a company that likes to claim theyre telling stories, Raw is closer to a three hour buzzword-laden marketing pitch than a serial drama.

Spermgod fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Sep 22, 2015

• Locked thread