Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

haven't seen the show yet but lol at kushida losing and them doing makabe/ishii again good loving job there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
I don't mind the Ibushi loss so much because I still think he's getting the title at some point (although I do wish they'd slowly built him up rather than doing this weird two steps forward, three steps back booking). Why go back to Ishii/Makabe though? I guess they want the title on Ishii for some reason.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Wait, they gave the title back to Kenny already? :psyduck: Was it clean?

Spermgod posted:

Sydal got over big. Is he considered a junior? Would like to see him vs. KUSHIDA.

I'm pretty sure he said in an interview shortly after the announcement that he was starting with the company that his goal was to win the Jr. Heavyweight title, so yeah. If Ricochet isn't busy with Lucha Underground at the time next year's BOSJ lineup has the potential to be pretty sweet.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

This was probably the first time since getting NJPWWorld that I am seriously annoyed by how a NJPW show went. Nothing felt like it mattered and the same time felt like everything was done wrong, especially the title decisions. Granted, it is normal that NWA jr guys coming over tend to lose their title to a NJPW legend (even if it is a completely useless one like Tiger Mask), but given the built up, having KUSHIDA lose the title ALREADY? I don't care about the level of Bullet Club interference, after all the buildup of KUSHIDA as pretty much the Tanahashi of the Jr. division, you don't just give the title back to Omega like that. Never mind that Omega's gimmick is still absolut bullshit and it is way overdue for him to drop that stupid 'cleaner' gimmick and turn back into Ibushi's golden shower-loving tag partner. And speaking of Ibushi, even if his build up was not as big as with KUSHIDA, having him fail in his quest against Makabe makes no one look good. Especially with loving Makabe/Ishii again. What the gently caress Gedo, did you watch a "Best of Sheamus vs Alberto Del Rio" video when you were backstage at WWE's Brooklyn shows? I mean seriously, when the only positive highlighst, if you can call it that, was Shibata continuing his quest to kill Naito, then something's really wrong.

WadeBartender
Aug 18, 2013
I'm a relatively "new" new japan watcher but I'm already sick of pretty much every bullet club member except the young bucks and aj, is that a normal reaction?

WadeBartender fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Sep 23, 2015

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

WadeBartender posted:

I'm a relatively "new" new japan watcher but I'm already sick of pretty much every bullet club member except the young bucks and aj, is that a normal reaction?

Yes

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010

WadeBartender posted:

Machine Gun KA is very good, but they never let him work solo and he gets dragged down by tag leagues with Luke Gallows and no real feuds. And the feud they do get (that terrible ROH team) sucks.

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

WadeBartender posted:

If you're sick of Machine Gun Karl Anderson I got two words for you . . .

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

MGKA is rad but I would never blame anyone for getting sick of someone who tags with Doc loving Gallows by association

WadeBartender
Aug 18, 2013
I didn't mind Karl in the few G1 singles matches that I saw its just that every tag title match has been one of the low points of the show since I started watching, the tag match on this show was probably the best since i started watching and even then it was pretty eh

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
he knows..
Just realised Kenny quoted M. Bison in the Street Fighter movie in his promo

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

can't wait for the next match in the goto/nakamura best of 7 series

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Card:

Sho Tanaka and Yohei Komatsu vs. Jay White and David Finlay
Yuji Nagata, Jushin Liger, and Tiger Mask vs. Manabu Nakanishi, Captain New Japan, and Juice Robinson
Makabe, Honma, Taguchi, and Dorada vs. CHAOS (Ishii, Yoshi, and RPG Vice
Ten-Cozy and Matt Sydal vs. Bullet Club (MGKA, Doc Gallows, and Kenny Omega)
Katsuyori Shibata vs. Tetsuya Naito
CHAOS (Okada, YTR, and Saku) vs. Bullet Club (Styles, Tonga, Hall)
IWGP Jr Heavyweight Tag Team Championship Match: reDRagon(c) vs. Time Splitters
Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Bad Luck Fale with Tana's Tokyo Dome title shot on the line
IWGP IC Heavyweight Championship Match: Hirooki Goto(c) vs. Shinsuke Nakamura

Reminder that this is at 3 AM EDT Sunday morning (8:00 BST). I know we're all sick of Goto vs Nakamura, but the card looks more interesting than Okayama and should be worth a watch for Naito vs. Shibata alone.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Thauros posted:

should be worth a watch for Naito vs. Shibata alone.
i was totally fine not watching this card tonight until i saw this match

i'll probably have to watch it later gently caress it's gonna be great

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

If Nakamura takes the IC title from Goto I will laugh at least until I start crying.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

very considerate of them to put the two worst matches on last, that'll let me watch the True Main and get to sleep

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Show's live!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

epitasis posted:

very considerate of them to put the two worst matches on last, that'll let me watch the True Main and get to sleep

Go go Time Splitters! (they probably won't win :sigh:)

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Jerusalem posted:

Go go Time Splitters! (they probably won't win :sigh:)

actually, I bet they will since KUSHIDA dropped the singles jr title

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Thauros posted:

actually, I bet they will since KUSHIDA dropped the singles jr title

Isn't Alex Shelley set to retire soon?

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

I hope Gedo and Shacho Tharpe give us Nakanishi vs. Big Daddy Yum Yum for the NWA World Title on some C show next year.

Jerusalem posted:

Isn't Alex Shelley set to retire soon?

That's how he was talking a while back, but I'm wondering if he was just depressed over getting injured yet again.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

My stream is running really poorly, keeps buffering and getting far behind the live feed, even if I skip down to low quality :(

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

That sucks, it's been running perfectly for me

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

SHibata vs. Naito is next! Tune in people!

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

here we go

SaberToothedPie
Dec 24, 2012

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frolf:

he knows...
violence...sweet violence

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

Top tier mask.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

That mask is amazing.

hyper from Pixie Sticks
Sep 28, 2004

I slept in like an idiot, anything good so far that I should go back and check out?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Semprini posted:

I slept in like an idiot, anything good so far that I should go back and check out?

Sydal did the usual cool Sydal stuff, other than that there's been nothing particularly standout that I've seen.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Wait.... Naito won!?! :aaa:

Edit: Oh poo poo, Dad's not done beating your rear end yet!

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 09:33 on Sep 27, 2015

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..

Jerusalem posted:

Edit: Oh poo poo, Dad's not done beating your rear end yet!

Was a given he would since they teased him and Tanahashi for the briefcase.

Naito and Shibata will probably meet again in the Tag League.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Jerusalem posted:

you thought he wouldn't?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

you thought he wouldn't?

I thought he'd either cheat his rear end off/get help or that there would be a count-out or something lame like that.

This was much better.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
Main event turned a thumbs in the middle show to an easy thumbs up

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..

Jerusalem posted:

I thought he'd either cheat his rear end off/get help or that there would be a count-out or something lame like that.

This was much better.

I thought a double count-out would've been the best possible finish there honestly given it's a heated feud and it's going to continue. But I understand wanting to build Naito up for his match with Tanahashi.

edit: I don't know why this didn't occur to me before but Naito really shouldn't be losing to Tanahashi right now anyway. Kind of a weird match to book.

Spermgod fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Sep 27, 2015

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Spermgod posted:

Main event turned a thumbs in the middle show to an easy thumbs up

Yeah I'm really sick of that feud but that was one of the better entries in it.

Looking forward to Nakamura/MGKA too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

That was a good match but Nakamura beating Goto again so relatively quickly was a disappointment. It feels like Nakamura should really be in the World Title scene now, and Goto just kinda looks like a chump again after working so hard to get the belt and now losing it back to Nakamura again.

Edit: Just saw Karl Anderson come out, Karl potentially getting the belt would be cool but again couldn't he have feuded with Goto instead?

• Locked thread