Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

Gobias Ind. posted:

Standard scoring, need a flex

Cooks @ Car
Yeldon @ NE
Matt Jones @ NYG (Thursday night. Would obviously slot him into a RB instead of flex if I pick him)
Kendall Wright vs IND

Don't like Cooks at all right now, plus Carolina is a bad matchup. I'm worried about Jacksonville getting blown out and Yeldon not getting much volume. Playing Matt Jones this week feels like point chasing though and I'm seriously prepared for disappointment. Actually starting Kendall Wright frightens me, but the matchup with that depleted Colts secondary is awfully tempting. I also suspect that Luck & Co. will bounce back and Mariota will have to air the ball out. Thoughts?

Anyone have any thoughts on mine? :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wooger
Apr 16, 2005

YOU RESENT?

RTM posted:

I have to trot out one of these yahoos this week: Stafford vs. Denver or Bradford vs. Jets :(

I honestly have no clue. I want off Chip's Wild Ride but Stafford is banged up and playing a great defense. Waivers are of the Bortles/Foles/Carr/Mallett variety.

Bortles will do better than both those guys this week.

If the eagles last game is indicative, Bradford might be checking out this week. Either injury, or ragequit at the quality of his O-line, or benched by Chip as a scapegoat.

railroad terror
Jul 2, 2007

choo choo

Gobias Ind. posted:

Anyone have any thoughts on mine? :)

Wright is definitely the safer option here...higher floor, but I don't know if he's racking up 15-20 fantasy points. Jones has the capability to go off, but you're looking at a much lower floor I suspect.

I’m waiting an additional week on Jones to see if the Washington Football Team continues to use him as a compliment to Morris, or if they tone down his usage.

railroad terror
Jul 2, 2007

choo choo
1PPR:

Dion Lewis vs Jax
Ameer Abdullah vs Den

Leaning toward Lewis.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

railroad terror posted:

1PPR:

Dion Lewis vs Jax
Ameer Abdullah vs Den

Leaning toward Lewis.

I agree with you but I think Abdullah has a good game too. I don't think you can go wrong with either.

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE

dxt posted:

My RBs are looking pretty rough especially with Lacy hurt. Pick 2 standard yahoo no PPR:

Chris Johnson v SF
Karlos Williams @MIA
Blount v Jax
Sproles @NYJ

bump.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Pretty much have to go with Chris Johnson and Blount, unless McCoy is injured/limited in which case I'd go Karlos over Blount.

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

Matt Jones or Frank Gore PPR.

Heisenator
Mar 30, 2010

Heisenator posted:

Reposting shamelessly.

Currently starting:
Mariota, Leveon Bell, Forsett, Cobb, Bennett, Crosby, SEA.

0.5ppr, 10 team, Pick 1 Flex and 1 WR:

Mike Evans, Hopkins, Stevie Johnson, Rishard Matthews Matt Jones, Ameer Abdullah

I am unsure about Evans still, so I don't know if I want to start him; he burned me bad last week. Hopkins might have the concussion protocol, so if he is out of consideration, who else should I start?

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Arctic Baldwin posted:

Matt Jones or Frank Gore PPR.

Gore imo. Yeah he sucks, but give him a week against a soft defense rather than chasing last week's points with Jones just yet. You know Gore will at least get the majority of the RB touches on his team, whereas Jones could follow up last week with a light 5ish touch game. Give it another week and if Jones gets a respectable workload and Gore still sucks, I'll go with Jones from here on out.

Start Evans. He is healthy and ASJ is out. If Hopkins can't go, I would rank them Stevie, then Abdullah, then Jones, then Matthews.

icehewk
Jul 7, 2003

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!
Gillmore or D. Walker? Coinflip?

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
My first time in Fantasy, PPR, 8 team league. Sorry if posting a screenshot like this is gouache, but I'm not too confident about anything this week, except for like, Carolina DEF over my standard St Louis, and Amari Cooper.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

fritopi
Feb 16, 2007
YUM YUM SO GOOD
Need help with WRs, por favor. I recently traded Randall Cobb for OBJ and I'm kinda regretting that decision...

But here's who I got. Need to pick 3.

OBJ
Larry Fitzgerald
Michael Crabtree
Golden Tate
Andre Johnson
Anquan Boldin

I'm leaning OBJ and FItz and kinda want to put Andre in because I figure he's got to explode at some point, right? But Crabtree could do well too? And then there's Golden... I don't know, man.

Also, for RBs, I got:

Matt Forte
Frank Gore
Doug Martin
and Todd Gurley.

Going with Forte for sure. Any thoughts on who to put in as RB2 would be much appreciated.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

fritopi posted:

Need help with WRs, por favor. I recently traded Randall Cobb for OBJ and I'm kinda regretting that decision...

But here's who I got. Need to pick 3.

OBJ
Larry Fitzgerald
Michael Crabtree
Golden Tate
Andre Johnson
Anquan Boldin

I'm leaning OBJ and FItz and kinda want to put Andre in because I figure he's got to explode at some point, right? But Crabtree could do well too? And then there's Golden... I don't know, man.

Also, for RBs, I got:

Matt Forte
Frank Gore
Doug Martin
and Todd Gurley.

Going with Forte for sure. Any thoughts on who to put in as RB2 would be much appreciated.

OBJ, Larry, and I'm going with a coinflip on Crabtree/Tate, leaning Tate.

Forte, Martin.

tonytheshoes
Nov 19, 2002

They're still shitty...
Standard scoring Yahoo league:

Need one more RB

Mark Ingram
Matt Jones
Dion Lewis

It's the million dollar question... I'm leaning Lewis, but argh...

Duro
May 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Ok, so 1PPR league

I'm getting Bell back, but my RB situation is abysmal. I usually play 2 rb plus rb at flex, but Frank Gore is poo poo, DeAngelo Williams isn't worth starting and Lamar Miller is questionable and poo poo

So.... I'm thinking of putting a WR at flex, as I have a bit of depth there. I have D. Thomas as a lock. Which other two WR do I play this week out of Steve Smith Sr., Pierre Garcon, Anquan Boldin and Golden Tate?

So far, I'm leaning towards Steve Smith and Garcon based on matchups. I have to decide soon cause Garcon plays tonight.

thethreeman
May 10, 2008
Fallen Rib
Reposting...

thethreeman posted:

I need 2RB and a FLEX, standard scoring, no PPR:

RB
CJA @ det
Forsett v cin

Yeldon @ ne
Starks v kc (unless Lacy is out, then he starts over CJA)
Hillman @ det

WR
Steve Smith Sr v cin
Stevie Johnson @ min

Maybe I'm lower on Yeldon than others?

e: Also:

Actually now leaning Starks over Smith Sr in the flex... But he's playing MNF :cry:. Basically who do I risk starting him over if news looks bad for lacy this week?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I've never posted in this thread before but I'm losing my mind on this decision.

I can only play two running backs. One of them is going to be Jamaal Charles.

The other one?

It's either Matt Jones at the Giants which is the 26th ranked run defense or Ronnie Hillman at the Lions which is the 29th.

I realize I probably can't go wrong either way but what do you guys think? Almost standard scoring but we do get .3 per reception which is very little when you look at it, especially for running backs.

I'm in agony.

ExCruceLeo
Oct 4, 2003

I'll choose the truth I like.
Need some input on RB and TE. 1ppr

Pick one:
D. Lewis vs JAC
J. Forsett vs CIN - leaning towards
D. Woodhead @ MIN

Pick one:

T Eifert @ Bal - leaning towards
H Miller @ STL
G. Olsen @ NO

I'm pretty torn and feel like they will all perform around the same.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

kiimo posted:

I've never posted in this thread before but I'm losing my mind on this decision.

I can only play two running backs. One of them is going to be Jamaal Charles.

The other one?

It's either Matt Jones at the Giants which is the 26th ranked run defense or Ronnie Hillman at the Lions which is the 29th.

I realize I probably can't go wrong either way but what do you guys think? Almost standard scoring but we do get .3 per reception which is very little when you look at it, especially for running backs.

I'm in agony.

I'm leaning Matt Jones here. I want to see what Peyton's run game will look like this week before I consider a Denver RB again.

The Aguamoose
Jan 10, 2006
"Yes, I remember the Aguamoose..."
My question got missed - gamble on Matt Jones tonight, or gamble that Ivory will be healthy and suit up later this week, the alternatives being poor if he doesn't (Blount or Duke)?

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
That's a tough one. I'd monitor Jets practice today for news about Ivory hitting the field again. He sat out yesterday though as was reportedly "very sore" so you may have to go with Jones.

Blount will then get 3 TDs and 150 yards.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

MacheteZombie posted:

I'm leaning Matt Jones here. I want to see what Peyton's run game will look like this week before I consider a Denver RB again.

I just realized Matt Jones plays tonight so that would violate one of my oldest rules which is "don't make a player change the day of the game, it always goes wrong". So I'm playing Hillman.

Besides, I feel like a rookie getting two good games in a row is a rarity. So I'm sitting Jones and expecting a big week next week. If he blows up, oh well. I'm flying to Austin during the game so I can't even watch. I feel good with this decision and if Jones blows up I've got a gem on the bench.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
I'm at a complete loss of what to do this week

Ryan Tannehill vs Derek Carr

I wanna get Jordan Reed in there, but I dunno who to take out, If Hopkins doesn't go then I have a number of options. Between Reed, Sankey, and Washington Abdullah is also a question because the Lions are loving retarded.

Dexo fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Sep 24, 2015

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
.5 ppr

Matt Jones at NYG
Brandin Cooks at Car
Cecil Shorts vs TB

I'm leaning Shorts here with the thinking that Nuk doesn't clear concussion protocol. Cooks has been a huge disappointment (and I went all in on him across most leagues).

Meanwhile I'm hesitant on Jones because it's his first away game and because of the short week. In the preseason they had to give him extra rest days because he ran too hard. I'm probably overthinking it.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Zypher posted:

Meanwhile I'm hesitant on Jones because it's his first away game and because of the short week. In the preseason they had to give him extra rest days because he ran too hard. I'm probably overthinking it.

I'm not big on the "thursday game is a bad game" theory, but wouldn't an RB benefit from the short week? Opposing D-line still tired and not enough time to fully scheme?

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

Dexo posted:

I'm at a complete loss of what to do this week

Ryan Tannehill vs Derek Carr

I wanna get Jordan Reed in there, but I dunno who to take out, If Hopkins doesn't go then I have a number of options. Between Reed, Sankey, and Washington Abdullah is also a question because the Lions are loving retarded.

Those are both really bad options for QB's seeing as they both go up against great defenses. I think the safer play is probably Tannehill, their offense doesn't tend to throw a lot of deep passes so he will likely dink and doink his way to a 14. Carr has more upside, but is more risky since he attempts more risky throws. After his performance last week though, he could look solid even against a good D.

Zypher posted:

.5 ppr

Matt Jones at NYG
Brandin Cooks at Car
Cecil Shorts vs TB

I'm leaning Shorts here with the thinking that Nuk doesn't clear concussion protocol. Cooks has been a huge disappointment (and I went all in on him across most leagues).

I wouldn't trust Shorts, he has never done anything resembling consistent production. I would much rather take a risk on Matt Jones since he looks loving amazing.

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!

MacheteZombie posted:

I'm not big on the "thursday game is a bad game" theory, but wouldn't an RB benefit from the short week? Opposing D-line still tired and not enough time to fully scheme?

Usually I'd buy that but like I said in the preseason they had to give him extra rest days because his body had to recover from taking a beating. First big game + very short week is making me question his ability to handle another large workload tonight. That said there's nothing out of practice reports to confirm my baseless speculation.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Zypher posted:

Usually I'd buy that but like I said in the preseason they had to give him extra rest days because his body had to recover from taking a beating. First big game + very short week is making me question his ability to handle another large workload tonight. That said there's nothing out of practice reports to confirm my baseless speculation.

I completely missed that sentence about his conditioning. Which I agree would make me a bit more hesitant to play him. I don't have any options though and am 100% rolling on the Matt "Matty 2 Legs" Jones train.

IKillForPie
Jan 13, 2006

Is that a pie in your pocket?
I've got a bit of a tough decision here leading up to Sunday.

Andy Dalton (picked up as a backup when Brees was hurt last weekend) @ Baltimore

or

Drew Brees @Carolina

While it's looking positive for the healing process for Drew and he is (questionable?) but likely to play Sunday I'm very hesitant. All it will take is one bad hit or maybe I feel like he isn't 100% yet/susceptible to injury. Not to mention the fact that up to this point in the year he has looked like hot garbage, while Dalton has been far more consistent. Thoughts?

railroad terror
Jul 2, 2007

choo choo

IKillForPie posted:

I've got a bit of a tough decision here leading up to Sunday.

Andy Dalton (picked up as a backup when Brees was hurt last weekend) @ Baltimore

or

Drew Brees @Carolina

While it's looking positive for the healing process for Drew and he is likely to play Sunday I'm very hesitant. All it will take is one bad hit or maybe I feel like he isn't 100% yet/susceptible to injury. Not to mention the fact that up to this point in the year he has looked like hot garbage, while Dalton has been far more consistent. Thoughts?

Dal-ton! Dal-ton! Dal-ton!

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Trying to decide if I want to start Alfred Morris or hope Chris Ivory plays this week

I also snapped up Matt Jones but I'm not sure I want to risk that yet

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

Intruder posted:

Trying to decide if I want to start Alfred Morris or hope Chris Ivory plays this week

I also snapped up Matt Jones but I'm not sure I want to risk that yet

Alfred Morris is a pretty safe play. His points haven't been spectacular, but he has seen a lot of touches and good yardage which is pretty much what you want from your RB (also going against the Giants D). Philly Run D is also pretty good even if they are gassed by the second half from their inept offense.

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

TheManWithNoName posted:

I was so high on my RBs three weeks ago, now it's hard to choose. Standard Yahoo non-PPR, need 2.

Carlos Hyde @ ARI
DeMarco Murray @ NYJ
Lamar Miller vs BUF
Matt Jones @ NYG

Top three are injured and have awful matchups this week. Any advice?

Anyone? Right now I'm leaning towards Hyde/Jones

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

TheManWithNoName posted:

Anyone? Right now I'm leaning towards Hyde/Jones

I like the Hyde/Jones pick. I couldn't imagine playing Murray against the Jets D or a hurt Lamar Miller against Buffalo.

A COMPUTER GUY
Aug 23, 2007

I can't spare this man - he fights.
ESPN standard.

Pick 2 RBs, 2 WRs and 1 flex
Latavius Murray @ CLE - must-start imo
CJ Anderson @ DET
Matt Jones @ NYG
Dion Lewis vs. JAX

Brandon Marshall vs. PHI - must-start
T.Y. Hilton @ TEN
Jordan Matthews @ NYJ
Terrance Williams vs ATL
Travis Benjamin vs OAK

Leaning towards rolling with Latavius Murray and Matt Jones as my RB1/2, Brandon Marshall and T.Y Hilton as my WR1/2, and either Dion Lewis or Jordan Matthews as the flex.

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

Standard scoring twelve man league, who do I put in for the flex?

Vincent Jackson, WR TB, against Houston's defense
or
Sammy Watkins, WR BUF, against Miami's defense

Miami got torched by Robinson last week, but I'm not convinced he's going to be a big part of Buffalo's game plan. By my usual metric (targets) I'd go with Jackson (16 v 11 for Watkins), but Watkins seems like he has more of an upside this week. Thoughts?

gbaby
Feb 6, 2015
Pick 2! .5PPR

Shane Vereen @ Wsh
LeGarrette Blount @ Jac
Chris Johnson @ SF
Duke Johnson @ Oak
Alshon Jeffery @ Sea

I played Blount last week and feel like if I take him out now he's going to at least get a touchdown which is all I'm hoping for from this crew. Perhaps I should go with the D. Johnson and hope for a home run?

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

With this Ivory news that he's a game time call, do I:

Play Ivory (if active)
Play Matt Jones tonight @ NYG
Play Woodhead @ Minny
Play Powell vs Philly (if Ivory inactive)

1PPR

Ty1990 fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Sep 24, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
.5ppr ESPN league, pick 1 Flex

Devanta Freeman
TJ Yeldon
CJ Spiller

I guess I'm tempted to throw Freeman in for Yeldon since he'll be getting all the carries finally and the Falcons are more likely to be playing with a lead while the Jags will likely be playing catch up. On the other hand Dallas has been destroying RBs so far this season. Kind of want to see something out of Spiller before I start him.

Other RBs this week are L.Murray and A.Morris, pretty set on them starting unless you guys convince me that's dumb.

^ Despite my starting Alfred Morris, I think in your situation I'd go Matt Jones. Dude looked real good last week and I think Washington will continue to run the hell out of the ball all season.

Inspector 34 fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Sep 24, 2015

• Locked thread