Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Amergin posted:

0.5 PPR, pick 1 WR and 1 FLEX:

Allen Robinson @NE
Frank Gore @Ten
Steve Smith Sr. vs. Cin
Jordan Matthews @NYJ
Rashad Jennings vs. Washington

Right now I'm leaning Robinson and Gore...

Robinson and Smith Sr. Smith Sr. had 10 catches last game and they still don't have much help for him.

Reik posted:

With Jacksonville and Tampa Bay putting up solid numbers, I don't know who to stream defenses against anymore.

Yeah I'm kind of lost on streaming DST's right now too.
Even with Jax being decent I think NE is a good play, probably get a turnover or two and hold them to 17 points. Betting against Dallas this week might be a good idea as well. Other than that, I got nothing.

MacheteZombie fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Sep 22, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

ilkhan posted:

ESPN standard
Pick 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 flex.

WR Travis Benjamin Cle vs Oak
WR Larry Fitzgerald Atl @ Dal
RB Matt Forte Chi @ Sea
RB David Johnson Ari vs SF
RB Chris Ivory NJ vs Phi
RB Marshawn Lynch Sea vs Chi
WR Vincent Jackson TB @ Hou

Forte, Lynch (DSYS)

Larry, VJax

for the flex Ivory or DJohns Mustard should be fine. They each have decent matchups, Ivory probably has the better one, but I like DJohns talent. I'm starting DJohns in my redraft this weekend most likely.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

fritopi posted:

Need help with WRs, por favor. I recently traded Randall Cobb for OBJ and I'm kinda regretting that decision...

But here's who I got. Need to pick 3.

OBJ
Larry Fitzgerald
Michael Crabtree
Golden Tate
Andre Johnson
Anquan Boldin

I'm leaning OBJ and FItz and kinda want to put Andre in because I figure he's got to explode at some point, right? But Crabtree could do well too? And then there's Golden... I don't know, man.

Also, for RBs, I got:

Matt Forte
Frank Gore
Doug Martin
and Todd Gurley.

Going with Forte for sure. Any thoughts on who to put in as RB2 would be much appreciated.

OBJ, Larry, and I'm going with a coinflip on Crabtree/Tate, leaning Tate.

Forte, Martin.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

kiimo posted:

I've never posted in this thread before but I'm losing my mind on this decision.

I can only play two running backs. One of them is going to be Jamaal Charles.

The other one?

It's either Matt Jones at the Giants which is the 26th ranked run defense or Ronnie Hillman at the Lions which is the 29th.

I realize I probably can't go wrong either way but what do you guys think? Almost standard scoring but we do get .3 per reception which is very little when you look at it, especially for running backs.

I'm in agony.

I'm leaning Matt Jones here. I want to see what Peyton's run game will look like this week before I consider a Denver RB again.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
That's a tough one. I'd monitor Jets practice today for news about Ivory hitting the field again. He sat out yesterday though as was reportedly "very sore" so you may have to go with Jones.

Blount will then get 3 TDs and 150 yards.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Zypher posted:

Meanwhile I'm hesitant on Jones because it's his first away game and because of the short week. In the preseason they had to give him extra rest days because he ran too hard. I'm probably overthinking it.

I'm not big on the "thursday game is a bad game" theory, but wouldn't an RB benefit from the short week? Opposing D-line still tired and not enough time to fully scheme?

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Zypher posted:

Usually I'd buy that but like I said in the preseason they had to give him extra rest days because his body had to recover from taking a beating. First big game + very short week is making me question his ability to handle another large workload tonight. That said there's nothing out of practice reports to confirm my baseless speculation.

I completely missed that sentence about his conditioning. Which I agree would make me a bit more hesitant to play him. I don't have any options though and am 100% rolling on the Matt "Matty 2 Legs" Jones train.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Reik posted:

I like the Yeldon pick. I'm waiting for Spiller to have a productive week before I consider starting him, and Dallas has just been blowing up RBs these first 2 weeks.

Dallas has been blowing up RBs since last year, Matt Berry just told me so on ESPN!

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

MrSargent posted:

I know I already asked this but I need someone to confirm my thinking. I need to play either Vereen or Garcon in Half PPR tonight. Garcon has gotten a lot of targets so far from Cousins and the Giants are missing their best corner so this looks like a good opportunity for him to put up a good game. I am leaning Garcon but Vereen looks to get a lot of use in the passing game tonight with the tough WSH run defense. Overthinking everything on Week 3, lord help me.

I'm not a huge fan of either, but I think you're point of NYG missing their best corner convinces me to play Garcon. While Vereen will get looks tonight, I can see a situation were the Redskins get up by 2 scores and Eli goes into "chuck to ODB" mode.

Quiet Feet posted:

Nfl.com standard rules, no ppr.

Pick 1 wr. Current choices are in all caps.

BRANDON MARSHALL v. Phi
Jeremy Maclin @ GB
Davante Adams v. KC

Pick 1 flex

DAMNY WOODHEAD @ Min
Latavius Murray @ Cle

That WR choice is tough. I think you're right to stay with BMarsh though, Phi looks awful. I think the GB/KC game is going to be a good game with a decent scoreline though.
LMurray, Cleveland has one of the worst yards before contact stats in the game, and LMurray is great at yards before contact, if I am remembering correctly.

Speaking of which, is there a non premium site that has stats about Yards After/Before Contact?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Intruder posted:

:mad:

Nature of the beast, I know

To be fair Morris and Jones stunk it up.

• Locked thread