Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
Man they need better recruiting tools. Finding a person now that I am looking hard and opened the city is nigh impossible. Everyone on worldchat is recruiting. Still kicking myself over kicking that one guy when I thought a goon was still free.

Mayor problems!

Dragongem fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Feb 20, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

Maybe you could try spamming invites to people around your networth level or whatever through the leaderboards screen? I got an invite randomly a week ago and I don't even talk in chat so I assume that's what they did.

Of course you can't preview cities or look at any details about them (who thought that was a good idea...) and you'll probably have as good luck as cold-calling but that's why I said spam.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Related my earlier question about workers, I'm trying to plan ahead with regards to worker skills. Two things I'm ignorant of:

- Are there benefits to doubling up on skills, or is it better to try and have a spread of all the skills required? Or is it a simple choice situation: broad or deep?

- Generally speaking, are there skills I should prioritize (or de-prioritize)? I'm trying to use the earlier linked chart, but all I'm really getting is that everything is used somewhere.

MisterBibs fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Feb 22, 2016

Bahumaut
Apr 6, 2009
There isn't too much benefit to doubling up on skills since your workstation caps how much you can actually use of your skills, and with doubling up you hit that pretty fast. It is usually better to spread out your worker types so you can build anything you want. Some people would probably recommend going deep into a type of gear so you can sell the higher level stuff, but for myself I wanted to diversify so that I could equip my own people. I think either one works, but try to keep your cauldron pretty high as you can make some money from trading by buying normal quality items and selling them at good or great levels for some profit.

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

The general advice is to get workers to cover as many of the skills as soon as possible, and then to put points into a skill + max mastery. As mentioned, if you double up on skills you'll hit a cap quickly anyway because your work stations will limit how much of that skill you can use.

That said it can sometimes help to re-skill workers if you're working on something specific. One time I started a new blueprint and it was taking me 8h to craft it, but I switched one of my workers from their first skill to carpentry (or whatever the blueprint actually used) and it cut the craft time by half.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
never mind, the trick to finding something is to bitch on the internet about not finding it

MisterBibs fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Feb 23, 2016

Mugaaz
Mar 1, 2008

WHY IS THERE ALWAYS SOME JUSTICE WARRIOR ON EVERY FORUM
:qq::qq::qq:
Why am I so addicted to this game when I have 50+ AAA games to play?

Carl Weathers
Sep 12, 2012
Xtanstic is a good place and a good city with good people and it's A++. Come on over.

Peepers
Mar 11, 2005

Well, I'm a ghost. I scare people. It's all very important, I assure you.

I just added myself to the spreadsheet, I'm level 19 and could use an active town. Name is mr.peepers#82334.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

I think you typoed.

Peepers
Mar 11, 2005

Well, I'm a ghost. I scare people. It's all very important, I assure you.

Bad Munki posted:

I think you typoed.

Try mr. peepers#82334. I can't tell if there's a space in there or not.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Mr. Peepers posted:

Try mr. peepers#82334. I can't tell if there's a space in there or not.

Cool, that worked. Brace yourself, Xtanstic is da bess.

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
Maaan, I saw him on the spreadsheet and I wasn't able to get the invite in.

Boatmurdered is getting up to 25 slots now and there is TONS of room for you cool goons who need a city. Don't make me fruitlessly beg for pubbies.

Also I may update the OP and make a new thread since there's missing info and NEW FEATURES for grinding.

RubberBands Hurt
Dec 13, 2004

seriously, wtf
There's always room for another...

:unsmigghh: in MURDERVILLE :unsmigghh:

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

Dragongem posted:

Maaan, I saw him on the spreadsheet and I wasn't able to get the invite in.

Boatmurdered is getting up to 25 slots now and there is TONS of room for you cool goons who need a city. Don't make me fruitlessly beg for pubbies.

Also I may update the OP and make a new thread since there's missing info and NEW FEATURES for grinding.

If you want to remake the OP, be my guest.

Arbitrary Number
Nov 10, 2012

I started playing this game and I'm looking for a town. Name is arbit#31953

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Arbitrary Number posted:

I started playing this game and I'm looking for a town. Name is arbit#31953

We're going to have a problem if we keep joining the same games.

Arbitrary Number
Nov 10, 2012

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

We're going to have a problem if we keep joining the same games.

I think there's another guy out there with arbitrary in their name - Arbitrary Coin? We could start a band.

Swork
Sep 5, 2011

IT KEEPS HAPPENING
to be funny
I don't know if I should unlock the second part of a quest because I'm worried that it will out level my heroes. I wish the wiki wasn't such a knocked over dumpster of missing information.

On the bright side I did combine the Inn and my shop. :v:

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD
Is anyone else unable to login to the game on IOS?
Dunno whether it's something to do with my carrier since it only fails when on mobile data; on wifi it loads the game fine.

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
One day I will stop being lazy and make a new OP.

Meanwhile, March patch notes are out. The patch will come within a week I think.

Notes: http://forum.shopheroes.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5783&sid=4762547a5b105e977fcd0659fbbcc429

Big things that stick out:

- Revamped quest system. Now your dudes and dudettes always get artifacts, but you also get a "special" loot slot which could be a bag (chest that doesn't require a key, I think?), gold, etc. Seems better, maybe.
- You can buy extra fusion slots for gems, up to 4
- You can buy upgraded quest slots for gems.
- You can buy upgraded trade slots too.
- They rebalanced city raid quest difficulties. What that means is nobody knows!
- Something about a net worth trade house cap. Could be really awful or good.
- FASTER LOAD TIMES

The fusion slots and quest slots are must buys after you get a couple pre-craft slots. They haven't posting on pricing so assuming it's not like eight thousand gems or something you should be able to afford it with city raid gems and free gems. Everything else I have no idea on!

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

Some very welcome UI improvements, too!

A few things I noticed that fix some bugbears I had:
-Improved the missing component screen with ... an option to collect resource directly from this screen
-Changed the "My Trade" tab to be in first place and open first
-Added a shortcut to Trade House when a customer is asking for an item not in your inventory (likely only useful for impatient customer that pays double of base price)

This sounds potentially weird.
-Changed to FIFO for Trades in Trade House (both offers and requests)

Does that mean if there's 0 items for sale, and I list 1 item for 999 gold, then someone undercuts me and lists 2 items for 100 gold, that my item will sell first? That would be bizarre.

Squibbles
Aug 24, 2000

Mwaha ha HA ha!
I suspect it's for matching prices? Like if you post for 1000 then I post for 1000, yours world go first.

Or is that the way it works already?

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

I thought that's the way it worked already but maybe not. That would certainly make sense.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Cheap bump piggyback to mention that MURDERVILLE has slots open, so :getin:

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
FYI I made a new thread with a better OP that I'll edit:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3768710

So use that :v:

Adbot