Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Covski
Jun 24, 2007

Bringing the forums together with the greatest thread!

Katznmaus posted:

What a shame! But now you've fixed the green and red mess in the background, hurray!

well I don't think I actually did anything about it so it's probably semirandom and we'll have to keep our fingers crossed I guess

quote:

So anyway, why does the unicorn have four nostrils?

because he's a HORRIFYING FREAK OF NATURE

more importantly, why is his mouth stuck at his throat latch rather than below the muzzle where it's supposed to be?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Katznmaus
May 29, 2013
Trick shots all the way!

And are you sure this obviously genetically engineered thing does not try to break out from the "Peggle Institute" by having you disable security systems?

Successful Student
Jan 29, 2009
Aim for the middle blue peg in the group of three at the top right, because we want to get rid off all the blue pegs before we clear the stage.

Powerfrog
Nov 3, 2012

TRICK SHOTS YO

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
I reckon you should aim for the blue peg in the middle. There's no likely obvious shots right now, once that bastard's gone you can bounce off the orange into the leftern mass. Still, may as well aim a little to the left, maybe we'll get a decent bounce.

Lacedaemonius
Jan 18, 2015

Rub a dub dub
yeah, go for a bounce off the peg immediately below

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
This should be a shot for babies, probably

Covski
Jun 24, 2007

Katznmaus posted:

And are you sure this obviously genetically engineered thing does not try to break out from the "Peggle Institute" by having you disable security systems?

oh god the implications of this are terrifying :gonk:

So anyway, I heard you guys wanted to see SOME MOTHERFUCKING TRICK SHOTS?

WATCH THIS

EXTREME FEVER soundtrack

too easy :smug::smug::smug::smug::smug::smug::smug:

So let's talk about EXTREME FEVERS: When you clear the last orange peg, you enter EXTREME FEVER. Your multiplier increases to x1000 giving a good chance for some sick points, and the basket is replaced by those holes that give extra bonus points. In addition, you are awarded 10k points for every spare ball. If you clear every single peg off the board, you get an ULTRA EXTREME FEVER, which makes all the bottom holes give you 100k points. This usually takes some planning to accomplish, and probably wasn't really going to be worth it on this level since we haven't been introduced to pink pegs yet.

Also, I do believe those 66,300 points make me the current thread champion. :viggo:

A summary of our adventure so far. Note that we get an extra 100k for completing the level in one attempt.

On to the next level!

oh drat i forgot how slow this game is to introduce new stuff on a first playthrough

yeah we get it bricks are identical to pegs gently caress you too bjorn

apparently the peggle institute contains little fairy things with terrifying holes for eyes, good to know

What's our first move?

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
10k bowl, huh?

:mediocre:

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

Aim at the top red brick on the top-right hand curve, such that the ball goes down the curve.

Quinn2win
Nov 9, 2011

Foolish child of man...
After reading all this,
do you still not understand?
Just because it's a fresh board doesn't mean we can afford to stop making trick shots.

Sillyman
Jul 21, 2008
I see some brick slides. You should hit a brick slide. Probably by aiming at the top of the topmost brick on the left.

Covski
Jun 24, 2007

ProfessorProf posted:

Just because it's a fresh board doesn't mean we can afford to stop making trick shots.

I wouldn't wanna waste my trick shotting superpowers at the beginning of a level, would I? it's much less impressive when you can help but hit stuff even if you try :smugbert:

Paul.Power posted:

Aim at the top red brick on the top-right hand curve, such that the ball goes down the curve.

Sillyman posted:

I see some brick slides. You should hit a brick slide. Probably by aiming at the top of the topmost brick on the left.

Brick slides it is!

my gif making program betrayed me, but fear not! peggle has an instant replay button! (especially useful for being a smug jerk to your "friends" while playing multiplayer)

WHOOSH SO MANY BRICKS DESTROYED

some weird greenscreen problems again, but this time I THINK I know what caused it so please ignore

MORE SLIDES?

Phosphine
May 30, 2011

WHY, JUDY?! WHY?!
🤰🐰🆚🥪🦊
ALL THE SLIDES

Successful Student
Jan 29, 2009
Slide down the top left brick slide this time.

Lacedaemonius
Jan 18, 2015

Rub a dub dub
Roll it down the left slide and let's see some more of those sick bounces

drat I need to go play 3d pinball space cadet now

Covski
Jun 24, 2007

Lacedaemonius posted:

drat I need to go play 3d pinball space cadet now

oh drat it why'd you have to remind me that game exists??

also: has there ever been an LP of it? if not: why not? someone should get on that

Anyways I'm going out for a couple of beers soon, if you're lucky you'll get to see som drinkin' and pegglin' and slidin' later!

Covski
Jun 24, 2007

You were not lucky! Have some sliding to compensate!

WHOOSH

What next?

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

Aim for the orange peg near the fairies head.

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

Something like this seems like it should work:

Covski
Jun 24, 2007

ok so i rolled a dice to decide between the semi-trolly shot and the one with the effortful illustration, and Paul.Power won!

Sorry, your shot was sorta bad but not too bad :( :)

(it was totally not me placing it suboptimally because of drinking on a sunday)

What next?

Lacedaemonius
Jan 18, 2015

Rub a dub dub
Just drop it straight down and let fate guide it

whatever happens, happens

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
See the two orange pegs on the left hand side of the screen near each other? Try to bank it in the middle so it bounces off of both.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
Why is the fairy in the background art so pronounced? It is very distracting.

Katznmaus
May 29, 2013
^
Yes, please shoot that fairy.

Powerfrog
Nov 3, 2012
This LP reminded me that I own this game but never played it so I've spent the last couple of days becoming a PEGGLE MASTER and doing the stupid challenges has made me realize the value of bouncing shots for bonus points.

So bounce it off the closest right orange peg so it bounces to the 2 orange pegs on the bottom left.

Covski
Jun 24, 2007

Lacedaemonius posted:

Just drop it straight down and let fate guide it

whatever happens, happens

ok :effort:

that went about as well as expected

it's getting pretty hard to select shots with all these suggestions, I'll need to find a better system

hmm

The suggestion with the most alliterations will be the next shot!

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

bounce the ball off the brighter bumps by the blue bumps, bouncing to the bridge abutting the ball-o-tron. (bets on bonus ball?)

Covski
Jun 24, 2007

Choco1980 posted:

bounce the ball off the brighter bumps by the blue bumps, bouncing to the bridge abutting the ball-o-tron. (bets on bonus ball?)

:golfclap:

This is what you meant, right?

a p good shot! :)

Okay, next time I will be taking the absolute worst shot suggested

Double May Care
Mar 28, 2012

We need Dragon-type Pokemon to help us prepare our food before we cook it. We're not sure why!

Aim at the top of the blue pegs on the left that aren't anywhere near the oranges.

Lacedaemonius
Jan 18, 2015

Rub a dub dub
Drop it again

Successful Student
Jan 29, 2009
Well, you can't do much worse than shooting straight down.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Fire up (or as up as possible)

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

Hit the menu button and choose restart.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Go for the left wall at about the height of the row of blue pegs in the lower-left.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Yup, that's exactly what I was saying. Only way it would have been better is if we hit the free ball.

shoot at the fairy, so that you're aimed for the gap in the ramp 1 square over from the orange brick

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe
Hit the upper right side of the peg furthest on the bottom left, as far away from orange pegs as possible. try and get it to bounce off back into the middle and then drop down without hitting anything else.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

shoot it off the bottom left peg, hoping to bounce it way back over to the right and hit some good pegs. False hope is the worst shot.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
Shoot it at me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Covski
Jun 24, 2007

Lacedaemonius posted:

Drop it again

Successful Student posted:

Well, you can't do much worse than shooting straight down.

meh

Rather Watch Them posted:

Aim at the top of the blue pegs on the left that aren't anywhere near the oranges.

drat it, we can't even fail properly.

ok, this time I will follow the instructions in the post which has the least amount of effort put into it

• Locked thread