Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
echidnagirl
Mar 27, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe
shoot 2nd orange peg

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
shoot a peg or something I dunno

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

>>>

Phosphine
May 30, 2011

WHY, JUDY?! WHY?!
🤰🐰🆚🥪🦊
sht

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,
God doesn't help little frogs.

He helps people like me.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

nearest orange

Covski
Jun 24, 2007

Bringing the forums together with the greatest thread!

Ahundredbux posted:

shoot a peg or something I dunno

AweStriker posted:

nearest orange

It seems we are all in agreement!

well that turned out worse than I would have hoped, kind of a tricky shot tbh

Ok, to change things up the post with the largest amount of effort will be chosen this time!

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
--

Phosphine
May 30, 2011

WHY, JUDY?! WHY?!
🤰🐰🆚🥪🦊
It is quite obvious to me that you should aim for the two round orange pegs to the right, in a fashion that lets you hit both with a single shot. I would elaborate here, but my chosen profession has poorly prepared me for fake effort. Meh.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Since we now have a 10x multiplier, we need only score 1000 base-score points to get the free ball multiplier. A single orange peg gets us 100, two makes for 2x200=400. Three blue pegs on top of this nets us the free ball (from memory. I've not Peggled in a few years but the first free ball comes at 10k points, right? At any rate, we're in prime free-ball time). Therefore, the optimal strategy is to hit the two close orange pegs, with the aim to hitting another three or more blue pegs on the way down. With the spread how it is, this should not be an improbable outcome. We even stand a chance of hitting the final orange peg and winning the level, but that would very much be a bonus at this point. With five balls remaining the level is all but won, the only concern is to maximise score and each ball remaining counts.

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe

sebzilla posted:

Since we now have a 10x multiplier, we need only score 1000 base-score points to get the free ball multiplier. A single orange peg gets us 100, two makes for 2x200=400. Three blue pegs on top of this nets us the free ball (from memory. I've not Peggled in a few years but the first free ball comes at 10k points, right? At any rate, we're in prime free-ball time). Therefore, the optimal strategy is to hit the two close orange pegs, with the aim to hitting another three or more blue pegs on the way down. With the spread how it is, this should not be an improbable outcome. We even stand a chance of hitting the final orange peg and winning the level, but that would very much be a bonus at this point. With five balls remaining the level is all but won, the only concern is to maximise score and each ball remaining counts.

By carefully measuring the angle, I have ascertained that we should not hit between the orange pegs, for it would bounce off. Instead we shall hit the first orange peg thus so:

Even if it does not bounce off the orange peg correctly at this angle, it will likely hit the wall and then hit at least the remaining orange peg or the other brick.

Aesclepia
Dec 5, 2013
Next verse same as the first.
^^^ I concur with this learned post.

Whybird
Aug 2, 2009

Phaiston have long avoided the tightly competetive defence sector, but the IRDA Act 2052 has given us the freedom we need to bring out something really special.

https://team-robostar.itch.io/robostar

Nap Ghost
Behold! and harken to my measured words
No complex shot fits thee, young Peggle squire
For physics, fickle mistress of the ball
May take within her hands the reasoned path
And twist with ricochet and cruel rebound
Until our ball, so weighted down with hope
Goes tumbling down twixt peg and slide and mitt
Not even granting us the meagre chance
Of a redemption in a second shot.
Therefore plan not. You have abundant balls.
And but three orange pegs stand in your path.
Take direct aim. Take each one down in turn.
And only after demonstrate your skill.
A man's a fool who makes excessive plans
When victory lies not yet in his hands.

Whybird fucked around with this message at 09:59 on Oct 3, 2015

Lacedaemonius
Jan 18, 2015

Rub a dub dub
is that iambic pentameter?

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Lacedaemonius posted:

is that iambic pentameter?

Looks like it, if you slur squire as one syllable.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

Whybird posted:

Well then.

Covski
Jun 24, 2007

For the record, the amount of points in a shot needed for a free ball is 20000!

Whybird posted:

this is amazing you are amazing :aaaaa:

ok lets do this

nice and easy

no need to be fancy

this last shot is a little more finicky though since I don't have a direct line to the final peg.

Uh... EXACTLY AS PLANNED :smug:

:toot: Doin' good!

Finally we get some MAGIC POWERS. Bjorn tells us the name of it but not how it will help us. You are a useless teacher, Bjorn. t:mad:

What's our first move? Sixth post after this one decides!

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
The green peg is right there! Shoot it early like a teenage boy on prom night!

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.
that was some and1 mix tape poo poo
Aim for the top orange peg in that upper-left cluster.

BDA
Dec 10, 2007

Extremely grim and evil.

100 HOGS AGREE posted:

The green peg is right there! Shoot it early like a teenage boy on prom night!

No way, we gotta horde that poo poo like BFG ammo.

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,
God doesn't help little frogs.

He helps people like me.
Bunch of easy orange pegs immediately to the right of the launcher, go for those first

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Bounce from the top-left orange peg on to the green magic peg for the sweet long shot bonus.

FrenzyTheKillbot
Jan 31, 2008

Good Hustle
Get that magic, son.

Try bouncing from the green peg to the cluster of orange ones on the right.

Covski
Jun 24, 2007

FrenzyTheKillbot posted:

Get that magic, son.

Try bouncing from the green peg to the cluster of orange ones on the right.

:mediocre:

At least we got some magics now! I find the best use of this power is to bounce between faroff orange/green/pink pegs for sweet long shot bonus points.

I'm thinking of a number between one and one hundred, the post with the closest guess decides next shot.

cucka
Nov 4, 2009

TOUCHDOWN DETROIT LIONS
Sorry about all
the bad posting.

aim for the mass of orange on the top right.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

6, because you picked it last round.

Try to weave through the crowd and hit the other green peg for maximum waste.

Successful Student
Jan 29, 2009
19 - Using the super guide, aim at whichever of the orange pegs on the right will produce a favorable bounce back to hit either of the top two orange pegs on the left.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

13,, shoot the oval-shaped cluster on the left

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

Going the Douglas Adams route and saying 42

and

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
12, aim for the very top right orange peg

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

69 top left orange

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Covski
Jun 24, 2007

The number was 24! (it is the date of my birthday)

Successful Student posted:

19 - Using the super guide, aim at whichever of the orange pegs on the right will produce a favorable bounce back to hit either of the top two orange pegs on the left.

Sweet long shot bonus!

The next shot will be chosen by the poster that can provide the most satisfactory origin story of Bjorn the Unicorn

Dariusknight
Jul 8, 2012

Covski posted:

The next shot will be chosen by the poster that can provide the most satisfactory origin story of Bjorn the Unicorn

Bjorn was the result of experiment by Merlin the Magician, who by virtue of his whimsy decided that since his luck with women was poor (he did end up being encased in crystal thanks to his own sister) he would create an animal that would attract the most beautiful (and virgin) women in the world to it, thereby increasing Merlin's chances of finding his One True Mate (tm) like Arthur and Geneviere (even though that was... problematic). He studied the texts that what few women had written and learned that they had a thing for a horse, but not just any horse, but a white horse (much like those the King of Avalon rode while travelling through his kingdom). Merlin decided that a white horse wouldn't be enough, it had to be grander, more majestic and so he used a bit of his transmogrifying powder to change one of Arthur's horses (graciously donated by him). The result was... well, disappointing to say the least, the horse had changed alright, but instead of being beautiful and majestic... it had a horn made of mother of pearl (and if Merlin was honest, probably one of the knicknacks that he had picked up on his travels) and spoke.

"Gosh, thanks for giving me this thing on my forehead... I always wanted to be decorated!" The beast said, Merlin stroked his beard and nodded and said absently, "Yes, yes... you're welcome... now, since you are obviously no longer just a horse... I suppose we shall have to come up with a new name for you." He paced back and forth in his Wizard's cave and then had an idea, "You shall be known as a unicorn... for the horn on your head... and because we are in the middle of a war between the Saxons, I shall give you a Saxon name to show our people to not be afraid. You are Bjorn, the Unicorn!" Bjorn looked thrilled and said, "Oh goody! I like that, Bjorn the Unicorn! It rhymes! Thanks Merlin!" Merlin smiled and patted Bjorn on the head and said, "Yes yes, now it's time for you to go find your destiny..." Even as he was saying that, he decided that this experiment was a failure, but realized that Bjorn could be of some use.

He had created a game many years ago when he was just starting out as a magician and named it Peggle, having modelled it after the Chinese puzzles he had seen on the mainland far to the East. He snaps his fingers and suddenly Bjorn was inside the game and Merlin said via telepathy, "Bjorn, your job is to guide the players in this game, teach them the skills they must have to complete it and you shall judge whether or not they are worthy. The worthiest will become my apprentice."

And that is the origin of Bjorn the Unicorn, as for what move to make... aim to the right of the second orange ball and try to bounce it downwards to hit the green ball and the other orange ball.

Powerfrog
Nov 3, 2012
Bjorn was an under cover police horse that was tasked with infiltrating this cult of peggle masters, but quickly became as entranced as we all are when it comes to peggle. Now, he never officially neglected his duties as a cop, and he is still clean from the cults more... immoral activities to this day, but after Bjorn started dying his mane + hooves on his days off and silently got the permanent horn surgery with tax payer money he was ordered to turn in his badge and gun, which he was all too happy to do as it meant he had more time to focus on his peggle fixation.

Now days he's pretty much seen as the face of the organization, luring in newer players so the other peggle masters can get their filthy hands, claws, talons and hooves on them. 2 under cover horses have gone missing in the line of duty after Bjorn publicly and loudly welcomed them as old allies. Some insist he knows exactly what he is responsible for, others assume he's just an idiot peggle savant.

Bounce it off the top right orange peg so it bounces onto the orange peg on the left.

Lacedaemonius
Jan 18, 2015

Rub a dub dub
He's a scooby doo villain, except the gang hasn't found him yet because he's in a videogame. Do what the next post says ↓↓↓↓

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
Bjorn's mommy and daddy loved each other very much, and made sweet sweet love down by the fire. 87 months later Bjorn was born (Unicorns have long gestation periods). Try to shoot it inside the oval on the right for chaos.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
Someone tried to lobotomize a horse with a power drill, it was a mild success but the drill bit got stuck in the cranium.

Please aim for the bottom left orange peg and preferably only hit that one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

A narwhal bummed a horse.

Top left orange.

• Locked thread