Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

gyrate them into our orbits

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

That was one of the best episodes of the whole series so far, the first half of it was just nonstop hilarity. I cracked up so hard when the fat kid was dancing the principal into his orbit, and then "Look, 2 cheeks and belly!"

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

sounds about right

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
I always get a kick out of every joke that's like "it must have been tough in the old country" "it happened when we were in america, you dumbass".

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

Sober posted:

sounds about right

I empathized. Hispanic culture is kind of similar in respect to taking care of and heeding your elders, as crazy as their demands can be. To be on topic, it's hilarious how Honey cries right after wondering where the hell her mother is.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

The Duke posted:

That was one of the best episodes of the whole series so far, the first half of it was just nonstop hilarity. I cracked up so hard when the fat kid was dancing the principal into his orbit, and then "Look, 2 cheeks and belly!"

I thought it was 2 cheeks and a valley

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

That does make more sense but now I'm more concerned that the fat kid used his 3 sprays strictly on his rear end and nowhere else

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
There was an episode yesterday and I forgot.

This is the first network weeknight prime time comedy I've been trying to follow in a long time. My bad.

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

The Duke posted:

That does make more sense but now I'm more concerned that the fat kid used his 3 sprays strictly on his rear end and nowhere else

I'm continually distracted by that kid, because I *still* keep assuming he's the same character from True Detective.

While he's spraying Polo onto his rear end, his dad's halfway through a handle of Blue Label in that depressing bar. No, he's not. He's dead in a forest. Your dad died because of you, fatass! Stop dancing!

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
Miracle on Dead Street | 8:30 PM on ABC, 30 min 2015 TV-PG
The family has big plans for Halloween: Louis wants to turn the street into a prime stop for trick-or-treaters; and Louis, Eddie, Emery, Evan and Grandma Huang go all-out with their costumes. Jessica, meanwhile, tries to protect her investment property from pranksters.

Also it seems like there wasn't a new episode last week so I didn't miss anything after all.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Ray Wise is great.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

dat Silence of the Lambs costume tho

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007
That was pretty much a perfect half hour of tv right down to Mr T driving the van and the Mrs T shirt.

Nutella
Jun 27, 2005

"And the meek shall inherit the earth"
"She's so cool I bet she drinks Zima". Love this show!

Flobbster
Feb 17, 2005

"Cadet Kirk, after the way you cheated on the Kobayashi Maru test I oughta punch you in tha face!"
This is definitely one of the better sitcoms on TV right now.

Not sure how much crossover there is between the threads, but teenage boy "Dan" was played by Zach Callison, voice of Steven Universe. I didn't notice it until I happened to catch his name in the credits, but when I went back and listened it was obvious. Unusual to hear him being an rear end in a top hat!

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
Good Morning Orlando | 8:30 PM on ABC, 30 min 2015 TV-PG
Louis appears on a local morning show to promote Cattleman's Ranch. In other events, Eddie and his pals try to sort out who their girlfriends are during a group date at the skating rink.

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat

Flobbster posted:

This is definitely one of the better sitcoms on TV right now.

Not sure how much crossover there is between the threads, but teenage boy "Dan" was played by Zach Callison, voice of Steven Universe. I didn't notice it until I happened to catch his name in the credits, but when I went back and listened it was obvious. Unusual to hear him being an rear end in a top hat!

He's playing Micah, in Micah The rear end in a top hat Ghost in an upcoming TV movie. I also saw him as a cadet in a military academy in NCIS: Los Angeles a few nights back. He was being a real prick about protocol with a couple of the agents.

Zach might be a twist on Ron Perlman. I've noticed that the more makeup/prosthetics Perlman wears this nicer/more decent he is (Beauty and the Beast, Hellboy) while when he doesn't (Sons of Anarchy, Skin Trade) he's a bastard.

Maybe animated Zach is a good kid and live action Zach is an rear end in a top hat.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
That thumbs up was hilarious.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Carla!

I-4 is East/West not North/South :argh:

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Breaking News! Another tortoise has appeared in the shrubbery!

FetusSlapper
Jan 6, 2005

by exmarx
This takes place in Florida, right? Why is the fat kid always wearing a winter coat Eric Cartman style?

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

FetusSlapper posted:

This takes place in Florida, right? Why is the fat kid always wearing a winter coat Eric Cartman style?
Colin Farrel really messed him up yo.

Tokelau All Star
Feb 23, 2008

THE TAXES! THE FINGER THING MEANS THE TAXES!

This is the most consistently funny half hour of tv so far this fall season. Everyone kills it, from the family to the Cattleman's staff to Eddie's buddies.

Let's talk about RACE.

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007
I feel like the 'Asian in TV' was a comment aimed right at Eddie Huang and his criticisms of the show. Like yeah there are problems with the depictions of Chinese people in the media but at the same time, people just want to watch an easy going comedy and not deal with serious issues on a morning TV show/family friendly sitcom.

Even if you do have a time slot to do whatever you want, you're never going to be able to please everyone with your character portrayals so its better off just to do your own thing and make people laugh while reminding them that our society does have these problems.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

FetusSlapper posted:

Ha, despite him wearing it every week I came here to post the same thing. I'm moving to Florida and seeing him wear it makes me uncomfortable as hell. He should be dead.

Solid episode. Always love grandma book box entrances. Reporter was Carla from Scrubs, right?

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Bill Cosby: America's moral compass

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
The Big 1-2 | 8:30 PM on ABC, 30 min 2015 TV-PG
To celebrate his 12th birthday, Eddie plans a secret party at the mall with his friends. In other events, Emery and Evan seek attention from their parents by purposely misbehaving.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
That's the Star Wars bear!

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer

EL BROMANCE posted:

Ha, despite him wearing it every week I came here to post the same thing. I'm moving to Florida and seeing him wear it makes me uncomfortable as hell. He should be dead.

Solid episode. Always love grandma book box entrances. Reporter was Carla from Scrubs, right?

Yes, and she was amazing.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Refuses to marry the ketchups... because of her religion.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
I like the kids attempting to misbehave.

(Though Lego on the floor can be quite painful)

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Maxwell Lord posted:

I like the kids attempting to misbehave.

(Though Lego on the floor can be quite painful)

WHATS UP JESSICA?!

Jorghnassen
Oct 1, 2007
Glouton des fjords
I don't know why I laughed so hard at "An old man with dementia stabbed me on the street".

HairyNipple!
Dec 31, 2004

hello i am fast cheap awesome

Zero One posted:

WHATS UP JESSICA?!

Best line of the episode.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
I don't know how you tricked Mom into choosing your swamp dungeon.

EDIT: MONOPOLY? YOU FOOL

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
I can't learn any hen names today!

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Astronaut?

Sweater for an astronaut?

Paula Abdul!

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

There are sexy ladies on the internet?

r0ck0
Sep 12, 2004
r0ck0s p0zt m0d3rn lyf
Pearl Jam is what I'm calling mayonnaise from now on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Collector
Aug 9, 2011

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe.
Rats raining down in the night during the Stanley Cup finals.
All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.
Pillbug
This show is really hitting it's stride. This episode was packed with hilarity. I cracked up when the grandmas were nodding approvingly at the pull out couch cracked up when grandma huang shutoff the tv angrily when she didn't get to see garfield, and thoroughly enjoyed emery and evan's running feud with honey.

• Locked thread