Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Sweeping the driveway is very much a thing my crazyass chinese landlords would do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
We Done Son | 8:30 PM on ABC, 30 min 2015 TV-PG
Jessica and Honey's friendship is strained by a disagreement over an investment property; Louis' friend Barry overstays his welcome; and Eddie starts a part-time job working for DMX.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
I prefer to be called Earl when I'm holding my baby.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Dark Man X!

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Welcome to my horticultural wonderland of rare orchids!

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
I wish I knew madam Xing so she could warn me about the Dolphins before it was too late.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
eBay. What a dumb name.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
I'm gonna need you to walk soon, sweetie.

Fleshpeg
Oct 23, 2001
Stop harassing me!
I get that this is a sitcom but holy poo poo Jessica would be the least likeable person ever in real life.

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

Fleshpeg posted:

I get that this is a sitcom but holy poo poo Jessica would be the least likeable person ever in real life.

My whole extended family and social circle is filled with mothers/wives like Jessica. :allears:

There's not necessarily any malice to her thought or actions, a lot of it is just cultural.

Jorghnassen
Oct 1, 2007
Glouton des fjords
"There is no such thing as a best friend, that's just something Hello Kitty made up to sell more Hello Kitty."

I love this show.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Jorghnassen posted:

"There is no such thing as a best friend, that's just something Hello Kitty made up to sell more Hello Kitty."

I love this show.

That line was amazing.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
The Real Santa | 8:30 PM on ABC, 30 min 2015 TV-PG
Jessica and Louis convince Evan that Santa is a scientist with multiple post-graduate degrees who's also a good friend of his mother's; and Eddie and Emery search for the perfect Christmas gift for their mother.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Ray Wise Santa sounds like a bad idea.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Should have gotten the Human Being.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
"You know those street signs that say 'Men at Work'? Women don't need those. It is understood."

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
Year of the Rat | 8:00 PM on ABC, 30 min 2016 TV-PG
The Huangs' plan to celebrate Chinese New Year with family in Washington, D.C., but a problem with their plane tickets leaves them stuck in Orlando instead. While looking for other Asians to celebrate with, they come across the Asian-American Association of Orlando, but its Chinese New Year celebration is far from authentic.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

It's back tonight? You made my day!

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
I wish this thread had more activity. This show is so drat good.

I laughed myself to tears at the flashback of them trying to get the Asian guy's attention from the bus.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
Love and Loopholes | 8:00 PM on ABC, 30 min 2016 TV-PG
Honey and Marvin babysit the boys while Jessica and Louis enjoy a Valentine's Day evening out; Emery walks in on his parents at an inopportune time; and Eddie wants to take Alison to a Janet Jackson concert.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Fuckin love this show. That white "Dragon Dance" lmao..

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
Hello inactive thread.

Phil's Phaves | 8:00 PM on ABC, 30 min 2016 TV-PG
The Cattleman's Ranch receives a bad review, which doesn't sit well with Louis and Jessica; and Eddie makes a romantic mix tape for Alison, but it falls into the wrong hands.

Tokelau All Star
Feb 23, 2008

THE TAXES! THE FINGER THING MEANS THE TAXES!

Pro click

http://phillipgoldsteinhasbadopinions.com/

Seluin
Jan 4, 2004

Philip Goldstein is an amazing character. That kid actor rules.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Flobbster
Feb 17, 2005

"Cadet Kirk, after the way you cheated on the Kobayashi Maru test I oughta punch you in tha face!"
It's really nice to see a show put effort into so accurately capturing the Internet of the time and how terrible it was, instead of just half-assing it like every crime show.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Compu-teasing is my new favorite word.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Flobbster posted:

It's really nice to see a show put effort into so accurately capturing the Internet of the time and how terrible it was, instead of just half-assing it like every crime show.

Really needed more "under construction" gifs but the dancing baby gif quota was met.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
Michael Chang Fever | 8:00 PM on ABC, 30 min 2016 TV-PG
Louis and Jessica hire Billie Jean King to coach Emery, who could be a future tennis star; and Eddie helps Evan pay off a gambling debt.

Jorghnassen
Oct 1, 2007
Glouton des fjords

Echo Chamber posted:

Michael Chang Fever | 8:00 PM on ABC, 30 min 2016 TV-PG
Louis and Jessica hire Billie Jean King to coach Emery, who could be a future tennis star; and Eddie helps Evan pay off a gambling debt.

Somehow Billie Jean King reminded me of Steve Agee. Much better than last week's episode.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

I love that one of Eddie's friend still has his The Mask outfit.

"Nobody stop me!"

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

I love that one of Eddie's friend still has his The Mask outfit.

"Nobody stop me!"

Absolutely caught me off guard. This show has some wonderful "Oh my god I can't breathe." moments.

I was surprised to see Nicole show up in the previous episode. I thought she was written off the show in favor of Alison. I wonder if they actually have future plans for her.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
Keep 'em Separated | 8:00 PM on ABC, 30 min 2016 TV-PG
Jessica encourages Louis to find friends of his own, but becomes jealous when he begins hanging out with a woman from the pool hall. In other events, Alison becomes pals with Eddie's former crush, Nicole.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Saw this today:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aP1pAL9Gq-8

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Brian owns with all his 90s catchphrases that no one gets.

"We just gotta keep em separated"

:confused:

"Huge song, millions sold"

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Brian owns with all his 90s catchphrases that no one gets.

"We just gotta keep em separated"

:confused:

"Huge song, millions sold"

Eddie's crew are all rap kids, of course they didn't know Offspring.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

IRQ posted:

Eddie's crew are all rap kids, of course they didn't know Offspring.

There's no way you watched MTV back then and didn't know Offspring.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Catching up on this season and am now at episode three. I love so much about what this show could do for Asian representation but I really cannot get over the bad accents. It's worse when they actually try to speak in Mandarin -- it just reminds me of white people faking it on shows like House of Cards

Also Constance Wu is just real bad at acting. Every other scene they pan to her face while somebody else talks and she just has the most empty expression in the world.

Man I reaaaaally wish this show was better.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe

Vegetable posted:

Catching up on this season and am now at episode three. I love so much about what this show could do for Asian representation but I really cannot get over the bad accents. It's worse when they actually try to speak in Mandarin -- it just reminds me of white people faking it on shows like House of Cards

Also Constance Wu is just real bad at acting. Every other scene they pan to her face while somebody else talks and she just has the most empty expression in the world.

Man I reaaaaally wish this show was better.

Keep watching. Constance Wu becomes the glue that holds everything together and is amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Omne
Jul 12, 2003

Orangedude Forever

The kids alone make this show awesome. Emory and Ethan are great, and Eddie's band of misfits (the Cleveland Browns jacket kills me) are amazing

• Locked thread