Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007
That was pretty much a perfect half hour of tv right down to Mr T driving the van and the Mrs T shirt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007
I feel like the 'Asian in TV' was a comment aimed right at Eddie Huang and his criticisms of the show. Like yeah there are problems with the depictions of Chinese people in the media but at the same time, people just want to watch an easy going comedy and not deal with serious issues on a morning TV show/family friendly sitcom.

Even if you do have a time slot to do whatever you want, you're never going to be able to please everyone with your character portrayals so its better off just to do your own thing and make people laugh while reminding them that our society does have these problems.

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

Fleshpeg posted:

I get that this is a sitcom but holy poo poo Jessica would be the least likeable person ever in real life.

My whole extended family and social circle is filled with mothers/wives like Jessica. :allears:

There's not necessarily any malice to her thought or actions, a lot of it is just cultural.

• Locked thread