Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I bought a copy of Splatoon for my girlfriend because she loves it, and I want to be good at it too. But there are no good Splatoon guides online. I need hot Splatoon tips and tricks. What are the good weapons? Good basic strategies?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
If you primarily use the roller, it's a good idea to put the right analog stick's sensitivity up high, so you can turn around faster.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i like the bucket

Sofia Coppola_OD_
Nov 1, 2004

i think you just need to channel the gamer spirit and develop a creed/mantra of achievable goals for yourself. also make sure you are using a wide variety of weaponry and consider adjusting the camera speed and possibly playing whislt standing up and aiming with motion controls. its a wide world out there, don't limit yourself!

Sofia Coppola_OD_
Nov 1, 2004

i for one suggest the krak-on roller and the aerospray for beginners

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Awesome! posted:

i like the bucket
Me too but I suck with it, is it just a matter of getting the height advantage?

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
you just gotta get ink all over everything. really just shoot it whenever you can

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

It's extremely dumb that you can't change your hairstyle.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

you will quickly unlock GAL weapons that have solid range and high damage, use this to splat the poo poo out of the small helpless children that play this game. theyre also good at covering the floor

play defensively, start swimming away immediately if it looks like things arent gonna go your way. if youre not marked you can lie in wait in the walls for enemies turning corners and get an easy kill.

as others have said the roller is the newbie crusher until you get the better weps

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

The roller that unlocks from doing singleplayer is extremely cool and will catch a lot of people off guard. unlike the other rollers, you dont try to roll people or even roll the floor much, instead you splash a lot to take advantage of its insanely huge splash range and paint coverage.

its neat because there are still a ton of players who don't expect to be killed from Guns range by a roller attack. and it avoids the big weakness of other rollers which is people shooting you from too far away

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

paint the floor OP

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
U probably just have to do it a lot

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

i love the bucket.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Awesome! posted:

i like the bucket

This.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

In Training posted:

i love the bucket.

Awesome! posted:

i like the bucket

same.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
My roommate always watches me play and never shuts up about how good the roller is and that I should get it.

I don't care about it though.

That's my story. What do you guys think of the roller?

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Viridiant posted:

My roommate always watches me play and never shuts up about how good the roller is and that I should get it.

He wants the D

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

In Training posted:

i love the bucket.

Yeah.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy

I.N.R.I posted:

He wants the D

Awkward.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
The trick is to always assume your entire team has brain damage and can't be trusted to do any actual working together.

Once you give up trying to use strategy and just try to carry your win rate will go up

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
Situational awareness is probably the most important part of the game. Please look at your map a lot, even if you are not dead or at spawn. It's basically a map hack because you can tell where the enemies are based on the ink they are spreading. It will help you not get flanked and also where the most useful places to go are.

Thanks for reading my advice, I hope it's useful.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

Viridiant posted:

i like rollers because i suck at aiming, but i like the bucket better.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

and here i thought splatoon was idiot proof

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

SeXReX posted:

The trick is to always assume your entire team has brain damage and can't be trusted to do any actual working together.

Once you give up trying to use strategy and just try to carry your win rate will go up

Hey, that's the same trick I use with you. :D

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Uncle Wemus posted:

and here i thought splatoon was idiot proof

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

net cafe scandal posted:

Hey, that's the same trick I use with you. :D

grats on getting S+ in ranked imp zone posting. I bet your mother is proud of her baby now

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
I've ranked up to A-, thanks to whatever advice it is i posted in this thread that i forget about now.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

no they will not posted:

I've ranked up to A-, thanks to whatever advice it is i posted in this thread that i forget about now.
High sensitivity for improved splatting.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I haven't played since the Hot Dog / Marshamllow splatfest when I became a Hot Dog Queen and also reached A- the next day

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

FactsAreUseless posted:

High sensitivity for improved splatting.

But enough about my ex.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

But enough about my ex.

His name is Jake in case you are going to ask it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soral
May 30, 2009

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

His name is Jake in case you are going to ask it.

nice to see a long distance couple who maked it work

• Locked thread