Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

CH has a job.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gibberish
Sep 17, 2002

by R. Guyovich
Oh wow he got a job and has a home

Yet he's still unhappy gee what a shocker

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Half a bottle of cheap vodka in that amount of time is not a job.

It's a challenge

Trump.mp4
Feb 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
He quit posting so my guess is that he kept drinking at his current pace (half a bottle of vodka every 90 minutes) and is now dead.

RIP.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Gibberish posted:

Oh wow he got a job and has a home

Yet he's still unhappy gee what a shocker

Moving across the country to a new place with no money in the middle of winter might not make you immediately happy? Why I never!

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

ratbert90 posted:

Moving across the country to a new place with no money in the middle of winter might not make you immediately happy? Why I never!
gotta be better than that hobo life though

Hot Dog Day #82
Jul 5, 2003

Soiled Meat
Honestly, I would be depressed too if I was drinking vodka. Leave that swill to undergrads and Slavs, drink Bourbon like the manly employed goon that you are CH!

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
weird coincidence but i was just spending my friday night browsing imgur user sub and came acros this:

funny how life can throw you little bits of advice now and then. things will be fine, op

BambooEarpick
Sep 3, 2008

Centripetal Horse posted:

I have not read any of the replies. I apologize if you said something that deserves a response, and I do not respond. I still don't feel good. I'm drinking alone. I never, ever do that. I am about 20% of the way through a bottle of vodka, and I am starting to understand the appeal.

Some of you sent me more money after my last post. I want you to know that I appreciate that. However, I am tired of feeling like I am imposing on people. I am going to send that money back to the people who sent it. I did get a paycheck today, although a lot of that is owed out. I owe the goon who helped me get the job, and I owe the goon who helped me fix my car. I want to start paying those back. I hope they don't shut the thread down, but I don't have much to say at the moment. I wish I had someone to drink with.

Edit: oh, I guess it's more like 33%.

CH! I'm glad you're alive! Keep at it, buddy!
!!!!!!!!!

CH. please?

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

yo CH national coney does a pretty mean breakfast too

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

you were warned posted:

The people who gave you money did so because they want you to succeed. If anyone actually had an expectation of it being repaid (which doesn't seem likely), I can't possibly see them wanting it to be so soon. You're there and you have a job, but we know you're not out of the woods yet! Accept their kindness! :)

Repay the donations and our moral support by taking care of yourself and living well. :3:

As a money-giver, wholeheartedly agreeing with this.

yoloer420
May 19, 2006
I can drink more than that

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
CH man, don't give up. I don't drink because of health issues, but I'm semi local to you (it's Michigan, I've friends that live further away) but I'm here if you want someone to talk to. Drop me a pm some time.

Also I'm completely on board for a SEMI Goon Meet like Rhyno is talking about as a welcome party. It's my experience that it's real easy to be antisocial here in the mitten, but you aren't as alone as you think you are. :unsmith:

Acres of Quakers
May 6, 2006
You're probably not gonna read any of these replies, but if you do, know that what you're feeling is normal. Even Alexander wept.

For months you had daily goals to achieve (benefits, place to sleep, etc.) and a long-term goal of getting out of your situation. Now that those are gone, of course you feel like poo poo, you just climbed a mountain!

My advice is to try and make a few 30, 60, and 90 day goals. Stuff you can achieve (try a new Karaoke a week until you find a good one), and harder to do stuff (make the final table in a tournament at Caesers in Windor). Give yourself direction.

HATECUBE
Mar 2, 2007

GOON MEET GOON MEET GOON MEAT

I'm still down for drink and karaoke. someone pick this up, i dont know a gently caress about karaoke places or bars. my friends are so boring they would be offended if i tried to get them out there.

im swimming in free time to gently caress around here, make it happen

TheReverend
Jun 21, 2005

Be well for the cats, CH.

Go to AA maybe if things keep going at this place. You'll meet people and prevent losing your job and home!

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

Bacon Hat posted:

GOON MEET GOON MEET GOON MEAT

I'm still down for drink and karaoke. someone pick this up, i dont know a gently caress about karaoke places or bars. my friends are so boring they would be offended if i tried to get them out there.

im swimming in free time to gently caress around here, make it happen
Someone please organize this. CH can't for obvious reasons.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
Yeah, I know nothing about Karaoke places around here. The only one I've probably been to was a Korean style one in Ann Arbor, which means you and your friends rent a private room and party together, no social mingling going on.

But regardless, someone with better organization skills than I go make a post/thread down in GM.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

CH - this is a good thing. Remember how you said you emotionally weren't letting it affect you when things were the worst? You were just bottling up that emotion, and now that things are better and you're secure, you're allowing yourself to express it.

Wallow in the sadness, let it out. It's good and natural, and it doesn't last forever. And drinking alone is ok, just maybe not THAT much.

HATECUBE
Mar 2, 2007

no thats a serviceable amount for large people...

looks like about 2 bottles of gatorade to unfuck that much vodka

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Bacon Hat posted:

no thats a serviceable amount for large people...

looks like about 2 bottles of gatorade to unfuck that much vodka

I probably drank as much as CH did last night. I don't have any gatoraade in the house and I'm to achy to get off my rear end and get some. :(

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
CH you got this man.

girlwithgloves
Jun 5, 2011

CH, do you ever just sit down and write? Writing it all out, aka journaling, is a great way to get out the bad feelings, find the good feelings, and process it all out of your system. Just need some paper and a pen. There are journaling apps, like penzu, too. Just make sure it's secure. When a good thing happens, any good thing, write it down to remind yourself of later. Something upsetting or overwhelming? Write it down. Trying to figure out the next step but don't know where to start? Write out all of the possibilities, the worries, the fears, the potential for improvement and successes, the barriers in the way, and ways to resolve them. Write it out. It'll help you feel better and has no hangover. And if it's written out, you can see your plans right in front of you, make goals, chart your path, and manage ALL THE THINGS that are likely pinballing through your head. Remember to breathe in and savor it! You got this!

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat
CH's situation reminds me of this groovy tune from the 70s:
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aLeWB3C2cLo

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all

KillHour posted:

I probably drank as much as CH did last night. I don't have any gatoraade in the house and I'm to achy to get off my rear end and get some. :(

Just don't let your hangover keep you in bed until it converts into a caffeine headache. Day after my bachelor party I didn't start vomiting for a solid 15 hours after I stopped drinking. Christ.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
What's OP whineing about now?

social media guru
Jan 18, 2016

by Cowcaster
#alcoholism generally is bad for your #brand but it actually fits very well if you are targeting the #homeless demographic

The_Book_Of_Harry
Apr 30, 2013

I'm amazed that CH was able to keep himself from collapsing into despair for as long as he did.

Just keep putting one foot in front of the other, homie. Things are objectively getting better, even if you feel lovely today

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
Sometimes when you're in a lovely enough situation, your brain is able to keep depression at bay for a long period of time out of recognition that you really need to be focusing on improving your situation. Key words being 'at bay'. Once you're able to relax and decompress, it can catch back up with you and hit you all at once and it's usually nasty and sucks a lot. It can be hard for other people to understand, because logically once things get better your should feel better, but sometimes it doesn't work that way and people see it as you being melodramatic or never satisfied, and so they get upset at you.

The important thing is that it will pass though. A night of karaoke with the Detroit goons in this thread sounds like a good place to start.

Revins fucked around with this message at 10:52 on Jan 24, 2016

n3wt
Dec 22, 2005
Hang in there CH! It's toughest as you're about to get over the hill.
Oh and GET YE TO A DOCTOR, you have a heart condition that could be manifesting itself through feelings of despair: wrong heart beats or bad blood pressure give anxiety messages to the body.
In anycase, you've been in survival mode for months, constantly worrying, you've barely slept, lost a ton of weight, been very very sick twice, seen a friend die horribly and started a new job on the other side of the states. There's going to be some kickback from your body and your mind now that you have some minor stability.
Please don't self medicate with booze, it's not a very good medicine and it gives you crap sleep.

Here's to you finding a really good karaoke bar where you soon feel at home and singing Motown classics in the real Motown.

Tony Homo
Oct 30, 2014

by zen death robot
Which armor is the best. The one for gold or souls?

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

Personally, I think it's problematic that a sitting Senator has a racial slur for a last name.

man triumphs against all odds, becomes sex-obsessed alcoholic

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:

Feminition posted:

man triumphs against all odds, becomes sex-obsessed alcoholic

is that not the dream for all mankind :unsmith:

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
OP go seek some therapy because you have some serious self destructive tendencies. You seem to thrive on being pitied and being miserable. You are trying to replace the emotions of accomplishment and relief with more problems and depression. You have made HUGE steps in getting yourself in a more positive place but, you like being miserable for some reason. This is some huge lying issue that probably caused your marriage to fail and you become homeless in the first place.

take the money the goons are trying to give you and book a session with a therapist because otherwise you are going to throw all what you and others did away. You want to be pathetic but its about time to grow the gently caress up and stop trying to look for the 1000 reasons to be sad.

gently caress.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Tony Homo posted:

Which armor is the best. The one for gold or souls?
always gold+ first

Hey wait this is the wrong thread

Mooktastical
Jan 8, 2008
Please don't be dead, CH. :ohdear:

Tony Homo
Oct 30, 2014

by zen death robot

CrashCat posted:

always gold+ first

Hey wait this is the wrong thread

I think Lowtax moved my post. :confused:

DONKEY SALAMI
Jun 28, 2008

donkey? donkey?

he is in detroit. if something does happen, he can be rebuilt and become RoboHobo

HATECUBE
Mar 2, 2007

i saw an LED truck leaving the ren cen yesterday on jefferson. it was blasting ads for canadian strip clubs in the middle of the traffic surrounding the auto show.

lol if that was CH at work

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

Bacon Hat posted:

i saw an LED truck leaving the ren cen yesterday on jefferson. it was blasting ads for canadian strip clubs in the middle of the traffic surrounding the auto show.

lol if that was CH at work

lol reading comprehension lol

• Locked thread