Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

I.N.R.I posted:

i just played some. the chests that turn into spiked ones are fail. greedier mode is fail. but i dont really mind the portals or stone dudes

is that the gimp suit looking cage things? from what i saw the tell is that they each go to opposite corners of the screen . i only saw them do the attack once though cos i had guppy.

btw, should stress that i was stuck without a save file cos i ususally play ps4. so i only saw up to sheol (devil deals after moms heart), and i didnt have the everything is terrible unlock.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

The portals are a lovely idea. 2-3 enemies that thit out enemies in the basemwnt is poo poo.ITS poo poo

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
i've heard antibirth is good at least

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
edit major balance patch

https://twitter.com/edmundmcmillen/status/817205418095038464
https://twitter.com/edmundmcmillen/status/817205927719772160

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
antibirth is really really good. in fact i would say its better made than the regular isaac

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
no chance of a ps4 release though. probably i mean.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

no they will not posted:

perhaps you should play it on pc like a normal human being

Paper Triangle
Jul 27, 2004

more dog than your dog
i just realized i had binding of isaac w/ wrath of the lamb on my steam hidden games list cuz i guess i really hated it when i played it way back in the day, but i tried it out again and it's really good. put in almost twenty hours but still have not gotten past the first fight with mom. is that normal? will i just continue to unlock more "good" items? should i be restarting for "good" items? should i just be playing rebirth?

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Paper Triangle posted:

i just realized i had binding of isaac w/ wrath of the lamb on my steam hidden games list cuz i guess i really hated it when i played it way back in the day, but i tried it out again and it's really good. put in almost twenty hours but still have not gotten past the first fight with mom. is that normal? will i just continue to unlock more "good" items? should i be restarting for "good" items? should i just be playing rebirth?

rebirth is better in just about every way

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Play Rebirth for sure

Paper Triangle
Jul 27, 2004

more dog than your dog
alright i downloaded it and i've been playing it and i'm not feeling it. maybe just cuz i've spent so much time this week with the original and none of that training/experience is carrying over, but the new enemies and the bigger rooms are irritating.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
its true the big rooms make the basement a bit more tedious,. but on the other hand theres double the amount of items, loads more bosses, stuff to unlock, challenges, chapters, its elss glitchy, better balanced. just all around a much better game. afterbirth improves on rebirth even moar. afterbirth plus will be good too after some patches probably.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

no they will not posted:

true. normally i like to play on ps4, gaming doesnt feel as good on pc. but it really is a good mod, supposedly it cost the guys who made it like 6000 bux so its not some amateur thing

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

https://a.pomf.cat/idftoe.mp4

I love Isaac.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Afterbirth + will never be good

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

It sucks because it added a handful of items that are actually strong and neat, and then everything else just feels like half-assed traaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaash

it's still ok to roll a fully unlocked game for a few Eden runs at least

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

Gah! Rerolled my run during the daily today... wasn't actually that bad but definitely cost me top 1000 ranking...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flying Squirrel
Oct 24, 2007
Thanks, Zombie Lincoln
Are one of you guys AngrySmileySA on PS4? Was one of the people keeping me out of top 5 on yesterday's daily and I was curious.

• Locked thread