Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

i still suck at dealing with the kamikaze leeches >__>

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
I get hit by those every single time, and also rooms where all the enemies are homing in on you a la bomblooms or whatever there called, the red mushy men, etc

arnbiguous
Feb 2, 2014
Gary’s Answer

VideoGames posted:

why is being super OP dishonourable? surely whatever the game gives you is part of the honour, namaste

getting super OP feels good especially after you had like 10 runs in a row where you pick up nothing but bullshit but at a certain point being OP to the point where you're able to kill every enemy before they can move felt very empty and cheesy to me. like obviously killing mega satan with stock maggie or something is a diabolical challenge way beyond my means but it would be nice to know what the battle is like when i dont either die in under a minute or win in under a minute. when i play isaac now the runs that really excite me are the ones where i have a mixed bag, like good speed and damage but poo poo hp, or nice tear synergy but low damage, and manage to pull it out anyway. that feels honorable to me

my favorite part of rebirth was the challenges where you have no tears at all tho so this may just be a to each his own, thing

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
What about that bob brain challenge that's coming out? That's gonna be horrifying.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i won a couple games wth bob brain , u have 2 remember not to b holding down a attack direction constantly tho. aLsO optimally u will not pick up bob's brain at all

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Omg tomorrow

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
synthy getting off probation right before afterbirth coming out is definitely a sign

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I am prepared for day 1 of the daily run leaderboards. It's the first run I'm gonna do.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

no they will not posted:

synthy getting off probation right before afterbirth coming out is definitely a sign

I'm so pumped. Just did another mega Satan run and just barely beat him with ???

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
The steam cheevos are up.

There's so much to unlock.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
i never completed rebirth because i am pretty terrible but im still excited to play afterbirth tonight!

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

VideoGames posted:

i never completed rebirth because i am pretty terrible but im still excited to play afterbirth tonight!

i never 100%ed Rebirth but i did get platinum god in the original game.

speaking of the original game, anyone who has it should try playing it now, lol. it's so ugly and laggy it's amazing i even played it 1 hour nevermind 200.

Happy Fun Gamer
Oct 16, 2015

I wonder if there's going to be a new special secret that's supposed to take weeks to unlock, except someone just searches the code and figures it out right away.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Happy Fun Gamer posted:

I wonder if there's going to be a new special secret that's supposed to take weeks to unlock, except someone just searches the code and figures it out right away.

can the mods stop this BYOB rereg guy from following me around? thanks in advance

Happy Fun Gamer
Oct 16, 2015

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

can the mods stop this BYOB rereg guy from following me around? thanks in advance

What're you on about? I'm just posting in threads I am interested in.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
My body is ready for more Isaac.

was anyone else really sad when they made fetus bomb tears really bad in rebirth, it was op but man i loved that stuff

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Ipecac tears are crazy

Happy Fun Gamer
Oct 16, 2015

I kind of wish they weren't adding Leaderboards because those are constantly getting hacked. Everyone who's serious about speedrunning the game streams or youtubes their run as proof.

arnbiguous
Feb 2, 2014
Gary’s Answer
i liked the ones in mirrors edge where you would start a thing and just immediately see the top time's ghost shoot off at impossible speed

will we be able to watch the top scoring runs, that would be cool

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Neurolimal posted:

My body is ready for more Isaac.

was anyone else really sad when they made fetus bomb tears really bad in rebirth, it was op but man i loved that stuff

yeah, they nerfed samson and Rage as well, IIRC. in the original game your dmg went up with every enemy kill rather than damage taken, so by the time you reached the boss you had max dmg every floor no matter what

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

yeah, they nerfed samson and Rage as well, IIRC. in the original game your dmg went up with every enemy kill rather than damage taken, so by the time you reached the boss you had max dmg every floor no matter what

in the original it was on a room to room basis. going to the next room reset it

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

i never 100%ed Rebirth but i did get platinum god in the original game.

speaking of the original game, anyone who has it should try playing it now, lol. it's so ugly and laggy it's amazing i even played it 1 hour nevermind 200.

i am nowhere near good enough to get platinum god. heck, i still haven't even found megasatan or the lost. and my dying streak was around 140 for a while, but i never stopped enjoying it and i think this is a good thing to have in a videogame.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

rediscover posted:

in the original it was on a room to room basis. going to the next room reset it

oh yeah, i knew i was forgetting something about it. i remmeber loving it for the fly bosses

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
its a shame that the original is so loving janky because the OG programmer is/has made a cool little hardcore expac for it but the game is just so slow and wonky anf flashtastic to play

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

the Dr. Fetus challenge was harder than it shouldve been because the bombs do like Eve lvl1 damage. What were they THINKING!

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

dr. fetus is bugged. it's supposed to be the same as vanilla isaac but something hosed up, and if i remember correctly they're fixing it in afterbirth

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
Can't wait to play the game OP.

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
it's coming. see you all on the big leaderboards :cool:

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

rediscover posted:

dr. fetus is bugged. it's supposed to be the same as vanilla isaac but something hosed up, and if i remember correctly they're fixing it in afterbirth

They made them actually scale with your damage stat, glad to know it was not intentional

Sticky Beethoven
Dec 22, 2010

i'm good
:qfg: :slick: got the d6 for isaac :slick: :qfg:

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Sticky Beethoven posted:

:qfg: :slick: got the d6 for isaac :slick: :qfg:

Congratulations. This is the point where you transform from an Isaac gamer, to an Isaac Gamer.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

It's Isaac day.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

The DLC says it's installed but it's not yet. we are getting close.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

it unlocks at 1pm est.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Thank Christ

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
I wish it'd release already. I know it's going to be at 1, but I am impatient.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I won't be able to game this until later in the afternoon but you can bet it's on my mind.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I won't be able to game this until later in the afternoon but you can bet it's on my mind.

You have my sympathy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I won't be able to play it until the ps4 release; because I'm not starting from scratch just to have it today

• Locked thread