Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Flying Squirrel posted:

Yeah, but making that pill you start with a Bomb to Keys pill was a dick move

thats why i died in my first run lol -_____- i got incubus in the 2nd try though which kept me going til i got homing bombs, mr mega + pyro. and head of the keeper and the sack boy which is a ftw combo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pumprag
Jan 29, 2013

Tomorrow is expansion day :)

Pumprag
Jan 29, 2013

I still love the poopy fart butt baby game.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

drat, really? I didn't know it was so soon. How much is it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

drat, really? I didn't know it was so soon. How much is it

9.99 usually, but it will be 6.66 for the first week. I also didnt realize it was coming out tomorrow, what a way to start the year

http://bindingofisaac.com/post/154255262019/for-those-of-you-who-are-blind-the-binding-of

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Ack. I thought it was later. Im away from pc now

Flying Squirrel
Oct 24, 2007
Thanks, Zombie Lincoln
Hope the PS4 version actually comes out in spring

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Pumprag posted:

Tomorrow is expansion day :)

oh holy poo poo that was quick

Pumprag
Jan 29, 2013

Flying Squirrel posted:

Hope the PS4 version actually comes out in spring

McMillen said yes. But you'll have to pay the full price apparently. Also no mods probably.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Pumprag posted:

McMillen said yes. But you'll have to pay the full price apparently. Also no mods probably.

not happening... the way afterbirth was handled left me feeling sour. ill get the pc version if actually works on this laptop. the game was super glitchy on my old one

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Less than one hour. Im ready

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

http://bindingofisaac.com/post/155355804054/afterbirth-is-out but its not actually live yet. but there is a cool update here where this is the last expansion mcmillen is gonna do but from here on out he will take some of the best mods (new items, enemies, bosses and challenges) he finds and patch them into the game every month with a mini update, which is a cool idea.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

That sounds awful, actually. I hope there's an easy way to enable/disable those fan mods

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

That sounds awful, actually. I hope there's an easy way to enable/disable those fan mods

I have faith that he'll be selective enough.
Also game delayed for up to 1-2 hours. lol

Pumprag
Jan 29, 2013

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I don't know, these enemies look pretty good:

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

Pumprag posted:

I don't know, these enemies look pretty good:

This person is still learning how to draw, let alone implement enemies into the game

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

wheres' the drat game

Pumprag
Jan 29, 2013

It's out.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Pumprag posted:

It's out.

I bought it but it won't let me install it.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

In Training posted:

I bought it but it won't let me install it.

same

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Think I figured it out, since it's updating now. Right click game -> properties -> DLC

it will have Afterbirth+ checked off but not installed. Uncheck then check again to dl it

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

:D

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Gah! Cant wait to get back home. How long does the discount go for?

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Time to sell some Steam junk and get the last few cents I need

ArfJason posted:

Until the 10th

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

ArfJason posted:

1/10/2016. Just purchased it myself.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Already the new enemy variants are hosed up. And Im playing as Apollyon to figure out his gimmick.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Oh badass ill be home in time. Cant wait to get back to isaac

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

In Training posted:

Already the new enemy variants are hosed up. And Im playing as Apollyon to figure out his gimmick.

I couldn't figure out what his active does.

Pumprag
Jan 29, 2013

Greedier mode is really hard

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Evil Eagle posted:

I couldn't figure out what his active does.

I think its supposed to absorb active items you havent picked up and turn them into passive bonuses. I thought I was using it wrong for a bit until I realized my controller had to be remapped with the update and I didn't actually have a Use Item button lol.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

I got hosed up.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Plebian Parasite posted:

I got hosed up.

that room ended a near perfect run I had going with the new character. gently caress!

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

The room with 4 haunts on the cathedral hosed me

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

the ultra hard challenge is loving rough.

skull wall
Jul 29, 2012

those new vortex things are sons of bitches.

got my first apollyon win thanks to dr fetus on the first floor

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

In Training posted:

Donated 80 coins on my second attempt and feeling good.

i got so angry when i had liek 80 coins on one run and the machine jammed on the 2nd coin or some poo poo before emund patched the donation machine to be less retarded lol

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

lmfao sucking up Pandora's Box with apollyon's Void is absolutely nuts.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Initial thoughts on Afterbirth+: it's annoying as gently caress. There are way too many enemy spawning vortexes right out of the gate when you have 2atk. It reminds me a lot of Wrath of the Lamb dlc in the original flash game, where they introduced the cellar and spider sack enemies. When it first came out there were like 500 spiders on the first 2 floors that made it near unplayable. I hope they tweak the spawnrates on them asap.

The new character seems alright but the cooldown on his spacebar item still makes me want to just take the thing I want instead of sucking it up.

Haven't tried Greedier mode yet. Only 5 new challenges? :cmon: Coupled with the insane installation problems (friend of mine still cant play it and has tried every fix) makes me feel lukewarm towards this update.

Pumprag
Jan 29, 2013

I don't know why they hate pills. + added even more useless ones. They could just remove pills from the game altogether.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Apparently theres an AB+ achievement that you get if you reset too many times consecutively that turns soul hearts into half soul hearts. Im not buying this

• Locked thread