Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook

Onmi posted:

I really just want more game... also more enemies, I would have loved to fight the other Stunticons

Yes I think more enemies is the key. You already fight everyone at least twice.

That sequence where you fight the Constructicons 2 at a time was awesome, just do something similar for the Stunticons and Combaticons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Disco De Soto posted:

Yes I think more enemies is the key. You already fight everyone at least twice.

That sequence where you fight the Constructicons 2 at a time was awesome, just do something similar for the Stunticons and Combaticons.

Not everyone! You actually only fight Skywarp ever the once, when he's with Thundercracker (who you are fighting twice) I have no idea how he managed to not be a repeated Bossfight, but since he and Thundercracker play out like Starscream anyway it didn't really make a difference. (At least, with the other Autobots around I never saw them show enough difference to Starscreams boss battle)

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

The true enemy of humanity is disorder.
A horde mode with boss waves for loot wouldn't be awful...

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

a cock shaped fruit posted:

A horde mode with boss waves for loot wouldn't be awful...

The only problem with spectacle fighter horde mode multiplayer is getting in the way of other peoples combos. Also how would focus work? Like would it slow down the world for all allies? The hammer would be almost unusable without Focus.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Onmi posted:

The only problem with spectacle fighter horde mode multiplayer is getting in the way of other peoples combos. Also how would focus work? Like would it slow down the world for all allies? The hammer would be almost unusable without Focus.

World focus for all teammates would be crazy ridiculous but also probably annoying after a while, just drop focus. Something went wrong with my computer during the last battle with Megatron and the whole fight played out in slow motion, it was suitably epic. It's fun to watch yourself get slowly driven over by a tank.

Eleeleth
Jun 21, 2009

Damn, that is one suave eel.

Onmi posted:

Also how would focus work? Like would it slow down the world for all allies? The hammer would be almost unusable without Focus.

Focus would be easy to handle, tbh, you just do it as a point-blank AOE effect for only enemies. You'd have to be a little more vigilant about dodges from stuff out of the aoe, but I think with enough tweaking you could make it feel good in a co-op setting.

DroneRiff
May 11, 2009

Could do what Bayonetta 2 did with it's online co-op. That worked pretty well, sharing it with both players and letting it be comboed up.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

The true enemy of humanity is disorder.

Onmi posted:

Tbqf, I never said it should be multiplayer ...

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

a cock shaped fruit posted:

Tbqf, I never said it should be multiplayer ...

I know, but there are already sort-of horde more challenges. I mean I'm pretty sure on the Insecticon challenge maps they never stop spawning until you kill the big ones.

DroneRiff posted:

Could do what Bayonetta 2 did with it's online co-op. That worked pretty well, sharing it with both players and letting it be comboed up.

Oh right I forgot Bayonetta 2 did Online co-op, never mind.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Bayo 2's multiplayer was just the test run for the 4-player co-op TMNT game they're making.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

I really just want to play as Soundwave or Blaster. Not sure how they would get around though. I guess you'd give them the ability to fly. It would require better level design though.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Aside from the lack of lock and some camera hang-ups on this is amazing so far. Grimlock is now my favorite, did the first mission by entirely dodge-suplexing everyone.

I grimace every time I go into the base menu and look at the massive list of items I get. Synthesizing is a really painfully slow process.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Has anyone managed to get a 100% treasure rating yet? I managed to get to like 91%.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Onmi posted:

Has anyone managed to get a 100% treasure rating yet? I managed to get to like 91%.

Where do you see that?

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Disco De Soto posted:

Where do you see that?

Title screen, Collection, Records, Play History. I have 90.6% Chests found on Prime

EDIT: For the record, The Max Dodge T.E.C.H. Stacks. So with no Max Dodge on your third dodge you will slide, with Max Dodge level 1. You have 4 and slide on the 4th, with 2 level 1s you have 5 and slide on the 5th.

Onmi fucked around with this message at 14:10 on Oct 23, 2015

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

I'm wondering what determines a weapon drop, can certain characters only drop certain weapons? I ask because the typical end-game grind is to do Challenge 49 and 50 with your best grinding gear. But I'm curious if those drops can drop unique character weapons.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Disco De Soto posted:

I really just want to play as Soundwave or Blaster. Not sure how they would get around though. I guess you'd give them the ability to fly. It would require better level design though.

Practically all of the Decepticons could fly in robot mode in the cartoon so it's not even making stuff up, but the non-jet guys also never seemed to use it tactically (that is, they only flew to get around) so you could just have like launchpads to trigger little cutscenes or shmup sequences or something.

Apropos of nothing, call me crazy but I'm just ever so slightly disappointed that they didn't keep Megatron's alt-mode as a Space Luger and have Starscream fly in and wield him whenever he transformed.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
If they fully intend at some point to reuse those models for a sequel or DLC or whatever it makes more sense to have something that works for all the various vehicle attacks you can do and via L1 special(The flaming tank spin-out is basically Optimus's special).

I'm just trying to picture a gun doing a Flash Kick type thing, you know? I mean, it's technically no less ridiculous than a tank doing so, but...

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax
DLC feels more likely than a sequel. I can't imagine this game sold well, but DLC would probably turn more of a profit so long as it didn't add TOO many new assets.

Of course, if the loving game sold well, then I'd want something real fleshed out.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

UK goons: the ps4 version is only £25 on shopto at the moment.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Stupid question:

Take a defaultish Freeze or Burn or Shock weapon(As in, it's in the name). The description says they have an inherent Freeze/Burn/Shock Lv3. Do they actually do their status?

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Bloodly posted:

Stupid question:

Take a defaultish Freeze or Burn or Shock weapon(As in, it's in the name). The description says they have an inherent Freeze/Burn/Shock Lv3. Do they actually do their status?

Yes.

EDIT: At 22/50 SS Ranks on Prime in the Challenge mode. Currently waiting at Chalenge 21 because it's really an endurance. First 5 waves are the 5 Autobots, then you face I believe... Shockwave/Blitzwing, Soundwave/Starscream, Insecticons, 3 Constructicons, Other 3 Constructicons, Motormaster, Bumblebee/Wheeljack and then I died there. Keep in mind between each Boss wave is waves of mooks.

EDIT 2: Wound up taking 30 minutes, thank goodness I got the SS. Wound up with 289 weapons after I was done, lots to sell.

Onmi fucked around with this message at 13:10 on Oct 31, 2015

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Is there any difference between the 360 and XBOne versions?

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Steve Vader posted:

Is there any difference between the 360 and XBOne versions?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_Iu9dlcWCQ

One
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipg3nlP9V_4

EDIT: Unless you mean like DLC or gameplay changes, in which case, I don't think so.

EDIT 2: the PS3/PS4 differences is mostly resolution and shininess

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xdDIqH65P8

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Advice on range weapons? The game likes to pull shooting galleries, and now(Magnus) my weapons aren't up to snuff. I'm unsure what to do.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Bloodly posted:

Advice on range weapons? The game likes to pull shooting galleries, and now(Magnus) my weapons aren't up to snuff. I'm unsure what to do.

Normal Machine gun. Elemental/Bolt machineguns seem to work like short range flamethrowers. But a plain old Vanilla Machinegun works like a machinegun.

It's also a nice utility weapon. When bosses fire those annoying energy orbs at you, you have 200 bullets to clear them away if you want (you know, between fighting the auto aim assist if you left that on). Plus they do pretty reasonable damage if you just unload on someone.

I mean, I'm sure handguns and sniper rifles would be better for careful shots but you get way less ammo for those.

I didn't go chasing after side missions but Plain Machine Gun + Missile Launcher was basically QoL in gun form compared to the other guns for me. MG has plenty of ammo and long range, Missile Launchers let me just pull the trigger and watch a flying enemy die (Get hosed, Laserbeak).

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If you want to deal with seekers, you want a Sniper or Assault Rifle. Almost everyone can use them, they have the longest range, are the best for hunting collectibles and should 1-2 shot most Seeker enemies. The Fusion Cannon (Mod) is one of the best Shotguns in the game and the regular Fusion Cannon gives you a shield. Soundwaves loudspeaker stuns anything it hits.

Anything. Even the final boss. Even the Combiners. If you have no desire to use a gun, just strap it on and fire whenever you're in Melee range. It can also be used by everyone which makes it the best Rarity Drop weapon (5 RarityDrop Lv.5 and ItemPull Lv.5) Since you aren't using it for the damage.

Oh, also you want to give guns the En+ abilities, since that increases their ammo count. For the Assault Rifle/Machine Gun, get Headshot + abilities because you'll mostly use them with Gun Reversals for headshots.

For the record a gun reversal is when you hit L2 right after dodging, bringing up a cross-hairs and going into a John Woo action dive.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Beat the game, starting Commando level with Grimlock, and somehow I managed to pull off a German suplex on Megatron.

Best game possible.

Tommy 2.0
Apr 26, 2008

My fabulous CoX shall live forever!

Steve Vader posted:

Beat the game, starting Commando level with Grimlock, and somehow I managed to pull off a German suplex on Megatron.

Best game possible.

OK. I apparently gave up on Grimlock way to god drat early with how clunky he felt compared to Sideswipe/Bumblebee/Wheeljack. Explain this to me, please. And this coming from a sperg who beat the game on Prime and all the challenges.

This game is way to god drat fun.

Onmi posted:

Chalenge 21

This is the beast challenge. Good. God. It is amazingly fun too. If you have a SS pair of Devastator's Drills try not to cheese it with the charge attack.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

No. NO gently caress THIS GAME! Challenge 28 is a Defend mission, as is 29-32.

Tommy 2.0
Apr 26, 2008

Onmi posted:

No. NO gently caress THIS GAME! Challenge 28 is a Defend mission, as is 29-32.

Oh...well I meant enjoyable challenges. The top down stuff can suck a infested nut. So can the protect stuff. I have spent a ridiculous amount of time in the different challenges. They really are just so much fun.

I had to stop using the devastator drills quickly after I got them. They are the most OP thing in the game. They can three shot Menasor or Devastator. On Prime.

Anyone found out a consistent way to get decent tech? This RNG game is poop. All I care about is Melee Damage or Rarity drops.

Tommy 2.0 fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Nov 3, 2015

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Tommy 2.0 posted:

Oh...well I meant enjoyable challenges. The top down stuff can suck a infested nut. So can the protect stuff. I have spent a ridiculous amount of time in the different challenges. They really are just so much fun.

I had to stop using the devastator drills quickly after I got them. They are the most OP thing in the game. They can three shot Menasor or Devastator. On Prime.

Anyone found out a consistent way to get decent tech? This RNG game is poop. All I care about is Melee Damage or Rarity drops.

Nope, I haven't been able to get it consistent. I've gotten 50,000 Legendary techs that turn into Enhanced Radar Lv.1

And yeah SS ranking these Defense challenges are hard. Ally Heal finally has a use.

EDIT: That's 29 down. I mostly stacked power and then did an Energon Hammer Charge attack repeatedly. Is it spamming? Yes. But gently caress this challenge.

Onmi fucked around with this message at 04:44 on Nov 3, 2015

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

I have no idea HOW I suplexed Megatron. I just know I did it. I imagine I somehow pulled off a back-attack of some sort.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Steve Vader posted:

I have no idea HOW I suplexed Megatron. I just know I did it. I imagine I somehow pulled off a back-attack of some sort.

When you dodge as Grimlock, you get a prompt to 'Grab' by pressing the circle button. Depending on where you are physically in relation to Megatron and what form you're in, you'll do wrestling moves to robots. You get points for it to.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

I'm on the 360, so I have no circle button.

Grimlock is tough, though. Every time you dodge, you're suddenly a dinosaur, and it's disconcerting and makes it harder to hammer the crap out of Devastator's ankles.

Although one time, Devastator shot a drill at me, and somehow, I CAUGHT THE drat THING. I was so excited I screwed up the throw-back, but I have no idea how that happened, either.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Steve Vader posted:

I'm on the 360, so I have no circle button.

Grimlock is tough, though. Every time you dodge, you're suddenly a dinosaur, and it's disconcerting and makes it harder to hammer the crap out of Devastator's ankles.

Although one time, Devastator shot a drill at me, and somehow, I CAUGHT THE drat THING. I was so excited I screwed up the throw-back, but I have no idea how that happened, either.

That would be the B button on the Xbox controller. And you parried Devastators Drill. You Parry by pointing the direction stick just as the attack is about to hit. You can also parry Blitzwings tank shells. Throw with Right Trigger.

Tommy 2.0
Apr 26, 2008

Onmi posted:

That would be the B button on the Xbox controller. And you parried Devastators Drill. You Parry by pointing the direction stick just as the attack is about to hit. You can also parry Blitzwings tank shells. Throw with Right Trigger.

There is a cheevo for doing this too. Thing about Platinum games...their achievements are fun to get (normally).

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Okay these missions are just getting ridiculous. I have 3 more to do, 30, 31 and 32. It's just ridiculous trying to rack up points while projecting Wheeljacks stupid rear end in a top hat.

EDIT: I am free! Now I have completed 34/50! I am 16 away from completing all SS ranks.

EDIT 2: And stonewalled on Challenge 35. I know how to do it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pl04TRqK3PY

But I lack the ability to replicate.

Conquered. 36 now.

EDIT 3: I just finished up to Stage 43. The Punt Challenges are actually REALLY drat SIMPLE and I'm going to tell you how to SS rank 100% guaranteed.

1. Grab a hammer
2. Wait for Starscream to show up
3. use a semi-charged overhead strike on Starscream
4. Pick Starscream up and throw him through the x100 sign.

21000 is enough points to SS rank even Stage 43. After that, all you have to do is survive. It saves a hell of a lot of time and pain.

EDIT 4: And that's all of the challenge rooms SS ranked! Now to go SS rank story mode.

Onmi fucked around with this message at 13:42 on Nov 3, 2015

Tommy 2.0
Apr 26, 2008

Onmi posted:

Okay these missions are just getting ridiculous. I have 3 more to do, 30, 31 and 32. It's just ridiculous trying to rack up points while projecting Wheeljacks stupid rear end in a top hat.

EDIT: I am free! Now I have completed 34/50! I am 16 away from completing all SS ranks.

EDIT 2: And stonewalled on Challenge 35. I know how to do it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pl04TRqK3PY

But I lack the ability to replicate.

Conquered. 36 now.

EDIT 3: I just finished up to Stage 43. The Punt Challenges are actually REALLY drat SIMPLE and I'm going to tell you how to SS rank 100% guaranteed.

1. Grab a hammer
2. Wait for Starscream to show up
3. use a semi-charged overhead strike on Starscream
4. Pick Starscream up and throw him through the x100 sign.

21000 is enough points to SS rank even Stage 43. After that, all you have to do is survive. It saves a hell of a lot of time and pain.

EDIT 4: And that's all of the challenge rooms SS ranked! Now to go SS rank story mode.

Wait, you can pick enemies UP?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Tommy 2.0 posted:

Wait, you can pick enemies UP?

Yeah if you knock em prone quickly. Grab a hammer, slightly charge a heavy attack, you'll even smack Blitzwing and Megatron into the dirt. Then hit B/Circle/Interact button and Congrats the enemy is now your helpless bitch.

Like Blitzwing here. Hello Blitzwing.

Onmi fucked around with this message at 15:19 on Nov 3, 2015

• Locked thread