Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Soral
May 30, 2009

i'm going to fight the boss of nightmare frontier tomorrow. i'm very excited. that area is kind of scary because of all the different kinds of status effects in there so while i thought it was awesome i'm ready for it to be over

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soral
May 30, 2009

sprinting through a swamp away from the enemy that causes bleed buildup with line of sight while desperately staving off both poison and toxic with my blood vials is something i will not soon forget

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Soral posted:

i'm going to fight the boss of nightmare frontier tomorrow. i'm very excited. that area is kind of scary because of all the different kinds of status effects in there so while i thought it was awesome i'm ready for it to be over

GL. thats one of my favourite bosses

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose
I'm glad to see imps enjoying the Playstation 4. It's good

Soral
May 30, 2009

I.N.R.I posted:

GL. thats one of my favourite bosses

he was rly fun. very enjoyable boss

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

noob question but can you play playstation 3 games on playstation 4? i want to play mgs4

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

tumor looking batty posted:

noob question but can you play playstation 3 games on playstation 4? i want to play mgs4

no

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I wish PS4 still had those emulated PS1 games in the store :(

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Alain Post posted:

this annoys me

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

tumor looking batty posted:

you get a free week of ps now that you can use to play mgsiv provided your internet is good enough to stream it. small solace but at least there's an option. remember to cancel your sub before it starts charging you after 7 days.

Alain Post posted:

it will happen at some point i hope i got a lot of them on my vita that i'd rather see on my tv.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I'm probably just going to get a super slim PS3 lol. I need all the MGS games available to play at all times.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Wtf the super slim still costs like $250.

A cool damn horse
Jan 25, 2009

I hope a console bundle goes on sale soon that doesn't include a stinker like Last of Us... I don't want to play that game.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

elf help book posted:

this annoys me

This is probably the only disappointment of the ps4 so far for me... i loved all the cool old rear end poo poo the PS3 store had. tons of cool looking ps1 rpgs i've never played.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

A cool drat horse posted:

I hope a console bundle goes on sale soon that doesn't include a stinker like Last of Us... I don't want to play that game.

Why not.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Alain Post posted:

Wtf the super slim still costs like $250.

i got a super slim at gamestop a few weeks ago for like $110 cuz it was packed with disney infinity 2. also disney infinity is way worse than i imagined

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I should probably just get a used one... but unpacking a brand new console ftw.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Alain Post posted:

This is probably the only disappointment of the ps4 so far for me... i loved all the cool old rear end poo poo the PS3 store had. tons of cool looking ps1 rpgs i've never played.

failed disaster console PSTV is 30 dollars new with a bundled controler and plays most ps1 classics.

the mp is pretty good

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

i liked the last of us. why dont you want to play it.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I played like 30 minutes of Last of Us while drunk at a party & it was OK. I would play it if I owned a PS4.

Soral
May 30, 2009

i didn't want the last of us bundle because i already played that game on ps3.... why would i want it again if i could get a different game or a unique colour console

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

rediscover posted:

i liked the last of us. why dont you want to play it.

i dont want to play zombie cover shooter feels cutscene game

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Real hurthling! posted:

failed disaster console PSTV is 30 dollars new with a bundled controler and plays most ps1 classics.

drat that's tempting... but I have enough PS3 crap that I'm just gonna get a super slim I think.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
It's too bad that MGSV looks terrible on PS3 because otherwise that's all the Metal Gear games in one box

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

elf help book posted:

i dont want to play zombie cover shooter feels cutscene game

Its important to feel.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

ty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ill probably watch a youtube video of the game in that a case cheers!

A cool damn horse
Jan 25, 2009

I watched a friend play it some, it looks boring to me. I'd probably never play it if I got it with a bundle.

A cool damn horse
Jan 25, 2009

The amazon mgs bundle was epic... I didn't have 350 dollars at the time though. Looking forward to some sweet holiday season deals.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I'm ashamed but I mainly got the Destiny bundle because the white PS4 looks cool.

Soral
May 30, 2009

i like the white controller

Soral
May 30, 2009

the first leg of nightmare of mensis is the bloodborne equivalent of the first leg of anor londo. really brutal and so satisfying to get done the first time, probably really easy to do your second time through

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Soral posted:

the first leg of nightmare of mensis is the bloodborne equivalent of the first leg of anor londo. really brutal and so satisfying to get done the first time, probably really easy to do your second time through

you can run through the entire last third of Bloodborne in like 20 minutes once you know what you're doing , yeah

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Alain Post posted:

I'm ashamed but I mainly got the Destiny bundle because the white PS4 looks cool.

That's why I bought it too. I got the white super slim PS3 they did for a promotion a few years ago and they look sick together.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Can you use a ds4 on PC? Touchpad and all?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Kazvall posted:

Can you use a ds4 on PC? Touchpad and all?

Touchpad becomes the mouse yeah

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

In Training posted:

Touchpad becomes the mouse yeah

Thanks.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I use DS4 for everything (PS3, PS4, PC). its a great controller

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Can someone explain to me the basic premise of a Playstation TV - what can it Play? What can't it?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

net cafe scandal posted:

Can someone explain to me the basic premise of a Playstation TV - what can it Play? What can't it?

its a vita you plug into your tv, it can play vita games, digital psp games, and digital ps1 games. it cannot play all vita games because theres a big white list of supported games that they forgot to update

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

net cafe scandal posted:

It's basically a Vita in a small box. Plays 90% of vita games that don't require touch controls, but games have to be white listed by the developers to be TV compatible and if they don't care enough to do the bug checking or whatever they won't get approved even though they are suitable (like the Vita Ys game). It also plays all the PSX/PSP games in the PSN and its 30 dollars

• Locked thread