Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Place your bets!
Strobe
Isoor
Dice win, we lose
View Results

• Locked thread
Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Can I get a look at firing arcs? Need to see if RSV has Wedge in arc and if Poe has Keyan in arc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
Wedge is going to do a 1-bank boost to the left, and KF+TN are just going to be boring and focus.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
It is an even bigger, messier cluster than last turn. Have a transcription:

Wedge has Kyle at Range 2 and Poe at Range 3. Kyle at Range 1.

Keyan barely overlaps the right template guide on Kyle at Range 1, which I'm not sure counts. Otherwise, he's at R2.

Ten has Kyle at Range 2.

Poe has Ten at Range 3, and Keyan is just barely out of arc. Keyan is closer to Poe's arc than Kyle is to the asteroid, shockingly.

Kyle has Keyan's template guide overlapped as well, but is otherwise at Range 2 to both B-wings.

RSV has no one in arc.

E: actions came in.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Well poo poo, this is going to hurt.

At the start of the combat phase, Kyle keeps all of his focus tokens, on the off chance he gets to use them.

Poe will fire at Ten, Kyle will fire his blaster turret at Keyan if he lives that long..

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
All units: Fire at will on Kyle :getin:
(now here come the blank red results for me. I have pretty bad dice-luck)

EDIT: Oh, and TN is using his Mangler Cannon, and Wedge is lowering Kyle's agility by one

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

More better legibler.

Isoor

Strobe

I think Kyle may not be long for this world.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
I just need to dodge a few shots and he'll survive. Whether he'll still have a focus to shoot with is another matter. Then the game will get truly interesting.

Will Wedge or Keyan be shooting first, Isoor?

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
Oh, Wedge will shoot first - sorry, forgot about that.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Wedge attacks Kyle. Wedge rolls 4 red dice (3 +1 for Range 1) and gets hit, hit, eyeball, hit. Kyle's evasion is reduced to 0 due to Wedge's ability.

Keyan attacks Kyle. Keyan is not stressed. Keyan rolls 3 red dice and gets crit, hit, crit.
Kyle attempts to dodge and rolls evade.

Kyle suffers two crits. This destroys him, but for those counting cards, the crits were Structural Damage and Direct Hit.

Ten Numb no longer has a target in arc.

Poe fires at Ten, rolling 3 red dice, and rolls blank, blank, blank.

Sssssso.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
The Hawk has 2 agility.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

christ :suicide:

Okay. Kyle rolls 1 evade as a result of Wedge's attack. This knocks him down to 0 shields, three hull.

Kyle rolls a second evade against Keyan's attack. Kyle suffers one crit, Structural Damage.

Kyle's Agility is reduced by 1. This can be removed with an action.

Ten attacks Kyle with the Mangler cannon. This is technically going off before Poe's attack.

Ten rolls hit, eyeball, blank. Ten's pilot ability turns that into a crit, which Kyle cannot dodge. Kyle draws Damaged Engine - all turns are now red maneuvers for Kyle.

Poe's attack goes off. No result.

Kyle still has two focus. Spends one on Blaster Turret. Attacks Keyan with 3 dice, gets eyeball, hit, hit. Can I assume Kyle turns that eyeball into a hit?

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
Can I spend TN's focus on changing the eye into a hit, by the way? this turn (much like the last), I'm just jumping into the combat phase with reckless abandon

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
If he does, Kyle dies and I have no shot. Which is fair since Poe wouldn't have shot and there's not a lot of reason to fear Poe's attack with full shields.

EDIT: well he could still survive if he rolls an evade.

EDIT 2: If he does survive it, it'll be loving outstanding.

EDIT 3: Revenge of the Edit: If Kyle needs a focus spent to survive, he'll spend a goddamn focus and be happy for it.

Strobe fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Sep 30, 2015

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Major Isoor posted:

Can I spend TN's focus on changing the eye into a hit, by the way? this turn (much like the last), I'm just jumping into the combat phase with reckless abandon

You're not the only one! :v:

Ten spends focus to turn eyeball to hit.
Kyle, defense reduced, rolls one green die.

Aaaaand comes up blank.

I swear I'm not doing this on purpose, Strobe.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Goddammit.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Welp Kyle's dead, so I've got (effectively) no shooting this round. Back to dials.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
Jesus, it took all I had, but he's actually dead - can't believe how resilient that HWK turned out to be! (Also I had forgotten about the Tokyo Drift - I should probably pack a T-70 instead of a T-65 in the future...)
Anyway, should we start sending our moves in again, now?

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

I'm not sure it helps, but at the very least, I've been right there getting reamed by the dice too.

I'm going to bed, but send me your moves.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Major Isoor posted:

Jesus, it took all I had, but he's actually dead - can't believe how resilient that HWK turned out to be! (Also I had forgotten about the Tokyo Drift - I should probably pack a T-70 instead of a T-65 in the future...)
Anyway, should we start sending our moves in again, now?

Tallon roll is loving sweet. I'd probably have been better served with a 4k, though. Forgetting Wedge had a boost sucked, because that shot would have been perfect (and focused!) if he'd stayed there.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
Alright, sent in my moves.
And yeah, after the tournament I took this list to, I've never had Wedge without EU - it's so good on him! Gets me out of tricky situations all the time.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
I usually run him with Opportunist (and Wes with VI riding shotgun), so engine upgrade is typically low on the list simply because it's so expensive, and I'd rather have a TL or focus.

Next game I play, though, is definitely not going to be this bullshit low PS stuff. I hate it. :v:

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

RSV moves 1-forward and clears stress. RSV takes an action to boost right.

Ten takes 1-bank left and somehow does not hit the asteroid this turn. Ten has not taken an action.

Poe reveals 1-bank left. Triggers barrel roll, PTL triggers off barrel roll, Poe boosts right. Poe moves 1-bank left, finally. Poe takes an action, focuses.

Wedge moves 2-bank right. Wedge collides with an asteroid. Wedge rolls one red die, gets a crit. Wedge loses one shield token. Wedge may not take an action.

Keyan moves 2-k turn. Keyan is stressed. Keyan may not take an action.

Ten Numb is still waiting for an action.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Well gently caress. That's what happens when I modify my actions without remembering what maneuver I put down in the first place. :suicide: Begin turn two of my side not doing anything noteworthy this combat phase.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Crap. Ten does not have a focus like the map suggests. It's fixed in the save file, and he still needs an action this turn.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
Alright well, assuming he won't hit the rock by doing so, TN will barrel roll to his right/our left just enough to get into range one

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Ten got rolled.

Ten is range 1 to RSV.
Keyan is range 1 to Poe.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
OK well, seeing as I don't have a focus on TN, he'll just do a regular attack on RSVwith the +1 atk die for being at range one, and KF will do a regular attack on PD - ditching his stress to change any eyes to hits.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Keyan fires on Poe. Keyan spends stress to turn eyeballs to hits. Keyan is at range 1 and rolls 4 red dice. Keyan gets eyeball, crit, hit, hit. Eyeball turns to hit.
Poe defends. Poe does not get the benefit from Autothrusters. Rolls 2 green dice. Poe rolls blank, evade.

Poe takes three damage, all to shields.

Ten Numb attacks RSV, regular attack. Rolls 4 red dice. Gets eyeball, blank, hit, blank.
RSV defends. Rolls 2 green dice. Gets eyeball, evade. Suffers no damage.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
Oh! I only just noticed then since I wasn't paying attention to him earlier (due to hitting an asteroid) - but you put Wedge down as a 2-bank right instead of a 2-turn right, as per the email. Wouldn't have done him much good this turn though either way, in terms of shooting.
Also, I take it we're back to the dials? I don't have anything to do post-shooting, and I don't believe Strobe does either

Major Isoor fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Oct 1, 2015

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

I thought that seemed odd. Guess I read the bank off of Ten's.

In that case, Wedge has 2 shields left, and it is indeed time to send me your dials.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
Hah, incidentally that makes my next turn for Wedge more difficult :v:

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Yes. Yes it did. And I'm perfectly okay with this. :v:

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

RSV attempts Tallon roll 3-right. Collides with Keyan before Tallon Roll can be completed. RSV cannot take an action this turn, and cannot fire on Keyan while in base-to-base contact. RSV is stressed.

Ten Numb moves 1-bank right. Ten has not taken an action.

Poe moves 4-K turn. Poe is stressed and cannot take an action this turn.

Keyan moves 1-bank right. Keyan has not taken an action.

Wedge moves 1-bank left. Wedge has not taken an action.

As yesterday, I'm going to bed. Anything I get between now and then will be processed tomorrow.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Ten TLs RSV.
Keyan LTs Poe.
Wedge boosts 1-bank right.

Shooting is simpler this time, at least.

Poe and Keyan's arcs overlap their bases right at the center of arc, so they're at range 2 from each other.

Target locks:
Poe -> Keyan
Keyan -> Poe
Ten -> RSV.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
I'll spend the TL if I need to (and if I get to shoot).

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
Same here - I want to put Poe down fast, so I'll use my TL if I get more than one miss/eye (otherwise...hard to say, depends on other factors like if the other hit's a crit, etc.)

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Keyan fires at Poe. Rolls 3 red dice. Gets crit, blank, eye. Spends target lock, gets hit, eyeball, hit.
Poe defends, rolling 2 green dice. Gets evade, eyeball.
Poe suffers 1 hull damage.

Poe fires at Keyan, rolls 3 red dice. Gets hit, hit, blank.
Keyan defends, rolls 1 green die. Gets evade.
Keyan suffers one shield damage. Keyan has no shields.

RSV fires at Wedge, rolling 3 red dice. Gets hit, hit, hit.
Wedge defends, rolling 3 green dice. Gets blank, blank, evade.
Wedge loses two shields. Wedge has no shields.

Target locks
Poe -> Keyan
Ten -> RSV

Something happened! And it wasn't a total clusterfuck! Hooray!

Send me some dials.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Keyan for a crit on Poe. If it's blinded pilot or weapon malfunction, that could affect the shot. EDIT: why did you reroll the hits? You can choose to reroll as many as you want, only Han Solo has to reroll all of them That may be rerolled.

I want to spend my TL for that extra possible hit.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Strobe posted:

why did you reroll the hits? You can choose to reroll as many as you want, only Han Solo has to reroll all of them That may be rerolled.

Oh yeah, I missed this too - I definitely want to keep that crit from earlier and just ditch the blank and eye that I got, for potential hits

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

I wish I had a good reason. I'm going to blame it on being down a pint of blood today.

I promise I'm not such a moron about this in real life.

Mo better rerolls -

Keyan keeps crit, rerolls 2 dice. Gets eyeball, eyeball. Welp.
Poe's evade stands, suffers no damage.

Poe keeps hit, hit, rerolls 1 die. Gets blank. No change.

Positions are the same, only Poe has one more hull point and no longer has a target lock on Keyan.

• Locked thread