Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Active666
Apr 3, 2009

Mezzanon posted:

It's hosed up that there is no new episode today.

World Series Time, Fox always does this at this time of year. Normally I'd be bitching too but I have a team in it again this years so no complaining from me.

Active666 fucked around with this message at 14:27 on Oct 28, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
Well, while I can't verify as I have TW cable, my sister claims that on her DirectTV they have the entire first season up on their Fox On Demand. She's kind of a bonehead though, so she could be wrong.

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

DEATH WISH AT 120 DECIBELS
7 Minutes in Hell was the best episode since Chainsaws, and the Haunted House one is still the worst episode of the entire series and isn't even bad in a good way. I hope the next episode after break is more like Chainsaws that Haunted House.

Eddain
May 6, 2007

criscodisco posted:

Well, while I can't verify as I have TW cable, my sister claims that on her DirectTV they have the entire first season up on their Fox On Demand. She's kind of a bonehead though, so she could be wrong.

Maybe she's looking at the reality TV series Scream Queens?

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

Eddain posted:

Maybe she's looking at the reality TV series Scream Queens?

While I wouldn't put it past her, she did specifically say it was on Fox on Demand.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
Glad to see this show back with a good episode, even if no-one died (that we knew). I loved Chanel No. 2's description of Hell.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

criscodisco posted:

Glad to see this show back with a good episode, even if no-one died (that we knew). I loved Chanel No. 2's description of Hell.

No dinosaurs though!

I actually thought this was the weakest episode they've had. No Denise and VERY little Chad. Instead we get an admittedly hilarious seance and the Adventures of Pete and Grace, which is always a snooze fest. Tavi as Feather was nice; I didn't know she could act.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
The first thing I said when I got there was "Wheres the Dinosaurs", and they told me Jesus came and stole them. I love stupid poo poo like this lol

Marceline Abadeer
Oct 14, 2012
Binged super hard on this. Its ridiculous, and I think Chanel is my favorite character ever?

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

Pretty pictures in small frames
It was a weird episode where the pieces were way better than the whole considering nothing really happened storywise that wasn't pretty obvious - but the Chad goat scene, the Ouija board stuff, the Chanel 2 dream sequence and the sugar party bit were so great.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Nasim Pedrad 4 ever. Glad her post-SNL career isn't completely dead.

I don't know why I like Chad so much, because I normally hate dumb bro humor. I think this show will be a cult classic once it's done/canceled after one season. The density of jokes and overall quality of every character/actor except Little Miss Sunshine will help the show stand the test of time for people who can dig this kind of humor.

the truth fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Nov 4, 2015

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

the truth posted:

I don't know why I like Chad so much, because I normally hate dumb bro humor. I think this show will be a cult classic once it's done/canceled after one season. The density of jokes and overall quality of every character/actor except Little Miss Sunshine will help the show stand the test of time for people who can dig this kind of humor.

Is it not doing well in the ratings?

Lord Krangdar
Oct 24, 2007

These are the secrets of death we teach.

the truth posted:

I don't know why I like Chad so much, because I normally hate dumb bro humor.

I like the way he'll just calmly but emphatically explain his dumb bro views or weird proclivities in a way that almost seems reasonable.

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

Lord Krangdar posted:

I like the way he'll just calmly but emphatically explain his dumb bro views or weird proclivities in a way that almost seems reasonable.

Yeah, the goat scene was a perfect example. loving amazing.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

the truth posted:

Chad's just a really funny actor, and that comes across really well. It takes a lot of skill to play stupid in not an annoying way, and he somehow invests a lot of dimensions to it. For one thing, he actually seems pretty smart. He just doesn't give a poo poo.

Dug this episode, this is Jamie Lee's best ep. She was great in it. Just hope they don't spread out the plot line too much, considering there are still so many eps to go.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
Hey, it's worth mentioning that Ian Brennan co-wrote a zombie apocalypse movie with Leigh Wannell called Cooties, and it stars Elijah Wood, Allison Pill, Rainn Wilson, Jack McBrayer, and Nasim Pedrad as a group of teachers forced to fend off their zombified students. If you're digging Scream Queens for the irreverent humor you should totally rent it; it gets in and out before it can start to grate on you, it's righteously violent, and it's funny as gently caress.

FoneBone
Oct 24, 2004
stupid, stupid rat creatures

criscodisco posted:

Is it not doing well in the ratings?

Not at all. Fox is trumpeting the DVR numbers, but we're not at a point where advertisers put much stock in those.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

FoneBone posted:

Not at all. Fox is trumpeting the DVR numbers, but we're not at a point where advertisers put much stock in those.

And for good reason. Most of the people I know use DVR just to ignore ads.

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

wilderthanmild posted:

And for good reason. Most of the people I know use DVR just to ignore ads.

Interestingly enough, when fast forwarding through commercials, you (or at least I) pay more attention to them as to not skip past when the show comes back.

Advertisers should figure out how to market that. Like have focus groups see what they remember after a 2 second FF. I'm thinking heavy brand placement.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

aBagorn posted:

Interestingly enough, when fast forwarding through commercials, you (or at least I) pay more attention to them as to not skip past when the show comes back.

Advertisers should figure out how to market that. Like have focus groups see what they remember after a 2 second FF. I'm thinking heavy brand placement.

I'm the same way, especially because I'm always looking for the commercial for shows on the same network, since that's what always runs right before the break ends. I'll also stop it if there's a commercial for a movie that looks good, even in fast forward.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

aBagorn posted:

It's simple, just design commercials so that there's a hidden commercial only found when you fast forward

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Volume posted:

It's simple, just design commercials so that there's a hidden commercial only found when you fast forward

Genius.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

Volume posted:

There was a start-up company a couple years ago that offered to make commercials for your company that would feature a logo and mascot that stayed stationary the entire duration of the commercial, so that it was still visible in fast forward. I'm not sure how that was their entire business model, since that sort of thing would be pretty easy to do yourself.

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

DEATH WISH AT 120 DECIBELS
Newest episode was worst since the third one here's hoping the next one isn't hot garbage.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
They chose a bad night, I have to watch on the Roku Fox app because my DVR is full that night.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Is this the first time we heard Candle Vlogger's actual name?

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

the truth posted:

Is this the first time we heard Candle Vlogger's actual name?

It stood out to me, too, so I'm betting it is.

Decent episode, I guess, even if not much happened. I was glad to see the return of Denise Hempfield and the Jonas Brother, but two episodes in a row of not much is getting a little stale.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

lol at the tacky use of Eternal Flame for the Candle Vlogger's memorial service

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Loved the fight scene.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

I'm so glad this show won't get to go on for long enough for Ryan Murphy to ruin it.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

I don't know why it's not doing well, it's definitely entertaining enough.

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

:drat:

Chanel is stone cold. I have no idea who the other devil is. Maybe one of the chanels?

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

This show is amazing.

Active666
Apr 3, 2009

buddhanc posted:

Chanel is stone cold. I have no idea who the other devil is. Maybe one of the chanels?

But they were all present at Kappa house when Boone was killed confronting Gigi. Could it be someone we have not met yet?

Happitoo
Nov 24, 2005

We are going to go for the store, then the district manager. Then WE ARE GOING TO THE CORPORATE OFFICE AND THEN TO THE EXECUTIVES! DXRYAHHHHHHHHH!!

buddhanc posted:

Active666 posted:

But they were all present at Kappa house when Boone was killed confronting Gigi. Could it be someone we have not met yet?

Going to ruin it for everyone. It's Candle Vlogger. She faked her death similar to how Boone did.

There's only been 2 characters that had elaborately staged murders/"deaths" (well 3 if you count the Dean's husband, but we know who killed him). That's Boone & Candle Vlogger. Every other killing the bodies have just been cut down and left there, or disappeared. Eventually a bunch of them end up staged in the haunted house, but for initial kills they're just stabbed in the throat, or beheaded or whatever and just dumped.

There's a bunch of other clues that point to it being Candle Vlogger as well. Thus my theory since episode 4 that it's Candle Vlogger.

Spermanent Record
Mar 28, 2007
I interviewed a NK escapee who came to my school and made a thread. Then life got in the way and the translation had to be postponed. I did finish it in the end, but nobody is going to pay 10 bux to update my.avatar
This show makes me laugh pretty hard every week. drat you Ryan Murphy! You got me again.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

98% of last night's episode made me almost certain it was Lea Michele. She was not happy when Little Miss Sunshine wanted to leave.

I don't think it is Candle Vlogger because Boone was talking to his sister on the phone about Zayday and if they had talked recently. That probably wouldn't come up if the sister was supposed to be dead.

Joust
Dec 7, 2007

No Ledges.
Pete used to be a girl. I'm Ryan Murphy so you can trust me.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

The actor who plays the dad who is dating Gigi/Nasim Pedrad said season 2 (if it gets picked up) might take place in a summer camp setting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

The Chanels in a summer camp would be pretty lol

Hopefully Ryan Murphy's involvement in season 2 (if it does get picked up) is reduced, this season's AHS is full on Murphy and it's half incomprehensible and half fun spectacles. It makes a confusing watch (other than maybe the large number of GagaButt shots)

• Locked thread