Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Pan Dulce posted:

NOBODY got Serial the podcast! Nobody remembered the murder of Hae Min Lee and how they picked up her body at the Best Buy parking lot. Or the crass tweets Best Buy made after Serial aired that portion of it.
Serial is the epitome of modern American culture: an exponential build that everybody goes CRAZY about then just as quickly forgets about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Watched it, I'm cautiously optimistic. Right now I think the campy throwing shade knob has been dialled to 11 which is way too loving high if anyone is to get invested at any point. On the plus side Emma Roberts showed in American Horror Story: Coven she can do it really well. That season was dreadful but her character who never deviated from sociopathic bitch always lit up very dull and aimless episodes. I don't know why they're all dressed like they're going to be in Clueless.

That bit with Deaf Taylor Swift getting beheaded by a lawnmower was priceless.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

Right? I almost felt like an rear end in a top hat for loving that death since right before it during commercial break, I just huffed and said, "Her shtick is getting loving annoying instead of funny. I hope she dies."

And she did. As a gopher head. RIGHT after singing Shake It Off.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Pan Dulce posted:

Right? I almost felt like an rear end in a top hat for loving that death since right before it during commercial break, I just huffed and said, "Her shtick is getting loving annoying instead of funny. I hope she dies."

And she did. As a gopher head. RIGHT after singing Shake It Off.
I was thinking the same thing. Shortly before she died, I said to myself, "I really hope they don't draw this out over the entire series."

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Well that's just how Ryan Murphy shows seem to be, introduce a gross hosed up person that you don't like, make fun of them and then brutally kill or maim them. If it were nip/tuck or american horror story we'd be stuck with the next 30 minutes pointing out what insensitive assholes we were to want it.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!

Dead Snoopy posted:

I've watched both and seriously, it didn't. Scream Queens embraces the hammy-ness and tropes of the material its playing up while the best Scream could do is echo the Kevin Williams formula while everybody save 2 actors (the nerd and the Bex Taylor whatever) are just horrible performance machines.

A better summary of Scream Queens is 'SCREAM mets HEATHERS'.

Scream had a killer pilot episode while the premiere of Scream Queens was just okay. But Scream was a downhill slide after the pilot so we'll see.

I'd say Scary Movie meets Heathers.

Three Cookies
Apr 9, 2010

This show really picked up once the killing started. Also awesome to see Niecy Nash.

Tyree
Sep 11, 2003

STRETCH

STRETCH

STRETCH
I found the pilot to be borderline awful. I am glad I gave the second hour a chance because it did pick up, but overall I'm not really liking this. Pretty bummed because I do watch AHS.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
Chanel #2 versus The Red Devil was one of my favorite television scenes in recent history. I loved it.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

Three Cookies posted:

This show really picked up once the killing started. Also awesome to see Niecy Nash.

Seeing her there was literally what made me want to see the show in the first place. I love seeing her on TV

AVClub, as predicted, hates things fun and hates this show(not as much as scream though). I loved the first two eps and laughed a lot.
That said, with Murphy's track record, I hope he keeps it tight to a single season or treats it as a lighter, more intentionally comedic AHS and revamps the show each season.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Seeing Niecy Nash reminded me to start my series-long rewatch of Reno 911. Seriously they've got them all on Hulu and I am ready for this.

jazz babies
Mar 7, 2007

This show is HILARIOUS. It's like Gossip Girl meets Scream. Bless this show.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

So Ryan Murphy locks himself in a room full of cocaine when figuring these episodes out right? I'm in for the ride but seriously WTF

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I think Ryan is more of a crystal meth guy. That whole California gay scene thing, you know.

Uh, not that I would know anything about that. :ninja:

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Last Chance posted:

So Ryan Murphy locks himself in a room full of cocaine when figuring these episodes out right? I'm in for the ride but seriously WTF

it's nowhere as insane as American Horror Story (or at least season 2) so he probably used a less potent drug

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Perfectly logical poster who uses the tools available to him to come to solid conclusions

OK, mascot chainsaw duel was amazing.

Even if the rest of the season sucks, that's made it all worth it.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
This show is real dumb but also fun.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

What the gently caress, how is spitroasting and eiffel-towering PG-14?

Three Cookies
Apr 9, 2010

Please let there be a running gag of them replacing mascots and those mascots dying in crazy ways.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

This loving SHOW!!! I'll never be able to listen to Everybody (Backstreet's Back) without loving laughing and thinking of baseball bats.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Hashtag Cahoots!

Three Cookies
Apr 9, 2010

The self defense chainsaw.

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Perfectly logical poster who uses the tools available to him to come to solid conclusions

Three Cookies posted:

Zayday's grandma don't gently caress around :munch:

Pan Dulce posted:

This loving SHOW!!! I'll never be able to listen to Everybody (Backstreet's Back) without loving laughing and thinking of baseball bats.

Same. That was an inspired musical choice.

edit: don't kill crazy 90s lady!! :ohdear:

FoxTerrier fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Sep 30, 2015

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.
Hooooly poo poo, that Backstreet scene was the most ridiculous thing I've seen on TV in years. Amazing. I still wasn't sure on this show but I'm glad I gave it another chance - after this episode, I'm sold.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
Dear Chanel N°2,

Spending Thanksgiving with you and your family, was amazing. I love that your dad's so rich, and I looove porking you so much. I hope we can keep on porking forever. You're so fricken hot; I love the amazing faces you make when I'm really taking you there. I'm thankful for you, Chanel N°2.

Love,
Chad Radwell

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

I feel this should be added to the OP and updated each episode, so I'm posting it a rough idea here. If you want me to edit this post so it doesn't exist, let me know. For Coney and the Dickie Dollars Scholars, I might get better gifs and an actual name for the dude later on.

Original KKT 1995 Death

Sophia - Gave Birth In a Tub During TLC's Waterfalls and Bled Out

Red Devil "Deaths" and "Accidents"

Melanie Dorkess - Acid Spray Tan (Survived)

Ms. Bean - Killed By Deep Fryer Prank Gone Wrong

Chanel #2 - Stab Wounds During Texting and Tweeting

Tiffany "deaf Taylor Swift" de Salle - Run Over By Lawnmower After Singing Shake It Off

Boone Clemens - Faked Slashed Throat At Gym (Survived)

Shondell - Knife To The Throat

Coney - Mascot Rivalry, Shaved Off His Toppings With A Chainsaw

Misc. Dickie Dollars Scholar - Arms Lopped Off (Chainsaw > Baseball Bat) (?)

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

Pan Dulce posted:

I feel this should be added to the OP and updated each episode, so I'm posting it a rough idea here. If you want me to edit this post so it doesn't exist, let me know. For Coney and the Dickie Dollars Scholars, I might get better gifs and an actual name for the dude later on.

Original KKT 1995 Death

Sophia - Gave Birth In a Tub During TLC's Waterfalls and Bled Out

Red Devil "Deaths" and "Accidents"

Melanie Dorkess - Acid Spray Tan (Survived)

Ms. Bean - Killed By Deep Fryer Prank Gone Wrong

Chanel #2 - Stab Wounds During Texting and Tweeting

Tiffany "deaf Taylor Swift" de Salle - Run Over By Lawnmower After Singing Shake It Off

Boone Clemens - Faked Slashed Throat At Gym (Survived)

Shondell - Knife To The Throat

Coney - Mascot Rivalry, Shaved Off His Toppings With A Chainsaw

Misc. Dickie Dollars Scholar - Arms Lopped Off (Chainsaw > Baseball Bat) (?)

This is cool and good and I'll add it to the OP

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

ep3 was definitely a step up with everyone just being full blown ridiculous now. That loving backstreets back sequence and the mascot reveal loving :lol:

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

The Saddest Rhino posted:

ep3 was definitely a step up with everyone just being full blown ridiculous now. That loving backstreets back sequence and the mascot reveal loving :lol:

Gotta love Chad Radwell laying out exactly what happened with Boone, and then dismissing it as ridiculous.

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice
Chad is my favorite thing about this show, I can't imagine how much fun the actor is having portraying him.

jazz babies
Mar 7, 2007

I watched a bunch of frat boys lose in a fight with two serial killers in devil costumes with chainsaws while "Everybody Backstreet's Back" played in the background.

I didn't know how much I needed this in my life.

Major Ricardo
Jan 30, 2001
I bet they regret not spending extra on aluminium bats.

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Three Cookies posted:

I love this gag because it works on 2 levels :
- everyone in this show love chainsaws for some yet unexplained reason: the killers, professor dad and Zayday's grandma.
- like 5 people have died yet no one is carrying an actual weapon

Other gags that were great:
- the trope of there actually being two killers being confirmed way early, and in the most hilarious way possible. I bet the reveal will be that there's at least 3 killers.
- white noise machine with a "slasher movie" setting
- #cahoots
- "you're terrible at tennis"

fariz
Nov 10, 2009

You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain.
This is my favorite show and I don't even care any more

DominoDancing
Apr 26, 2008

Each morning after Sunblest
Feel the benefit
Mental arithmetic
Yep, this confirms it for me as well, this is a really fun show and I'm sticking with it at least for this season.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Yeah, this week's episode was way better. Really turned up the camp now that they don't have to set character personalities up. Really drat funny, the Backstreet bit was incredible.

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

I had no idea how amazing this show was gonna be. Absolutely hilarious.

Sidenote- I used to be really good friends with Glen Powell's sister and he was always a super awesome and funny dude.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

How is Ryan Murphy going to screw this one up?

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

the truth posted:

On a very special episode of Scream Queens, the Red Devil kidnaps Chanel N°1 and teaches her a valuable lesson about why fur is murder sponsored by People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xeria
Jul 26, 2004

Ruh roh...
This episode had minimal Boring Pete (and a healthy dose of Chad), therefore it's the best to date.

the truth posted:

He'll lure Jessica Lange into this show and then write a season all about an aging starlet come to take over as dean of the university.

• Locked thread