Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fariz
Nov 10, 2009

You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain.

BSam posted:

I havetn' read the whole thread yet, I just watched the first episode so far so I figured I'd check out the thread up to what I've seen. Do you have to list all the killings in the first post? I mean really.

Shut the gently caress up.

This is the best show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Don't come in this thread unless you're man enough to attack the crack.

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice

Echophonic posted:

It was ruled a suicide and they're all horror-movie stupid, far as I can tell.

Wait, wait, I heard a rumor Boone killed himself

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
Chanel #3 is going to be in Star Wars ep. VII, that's neat

Active666
Apr 3, 2009
Fun episode again this week "neckbrace" and Boone at the cemetery and haunted house were just great. Hope they get to have their creepy hookup at some point, and that it destroys Chanel.

metavisual
Sep 6, 2007

You mean Chad - Boone was the guy who faked his death/suicided. :eng101:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I want a remake of Zoolander starring Chad Radwell.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

That NOOOO! Was incredible

Active666
Apr 3, 2009

metavisual posted:

You mean Chad - Boone was the guy who faked his death/suicided. :eng101:

Crap can't believe I made that mistake, I know better than that .

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

I almost shed tears of laughter watching that introduction sequence. Because I remembered this:

Swift-mas:

Chanel-O-Ween

They got it down to her riding the random little car the person getting the gift had. It was glorious.

Pan Dulce fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Oct 8, 2015

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Perfectly logical poster who uses the tools available to him to come to solid conclusions

Pan Dulce posted:

I almost shed tears of laughter watching that introduction sequence. Because I remembered this:

Swift-mas:

Chanel-O-Ween

Bwahahahaha! Thank you for posting this, I had no idea that ever happened and it makes the entire scene that much better.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Can those gifs be the thread title?

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

Chanel-o-Ween was amazing, but I felt that the girl power speech was the first indicator of Scream Queen's inevitable decent into the Glee-hole. In Glee, Sue Sylvester was an amazing villain, absolutely horrible in every well. But then they started trying to humanise her, by giving her a mentally disabled sister and sidekick, and increasingly whittled away at the awfulness that made her great.

So when the similarly great villain Chanel launches into a female empowerment barnstormer, I suspect it's just Ryan Murphy's inability to keep evil characters entertainingly evil.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

It did come immediately after Chanel talked about guys being allowed to be fat and not wanting to die hungry, so it wasn't completely out of left field. I think the biggest warning about the show descending to Glee levels of sub-mediocrity was that last week's chainsaw episode was basically the standard "theme of the week" or tribute episode. Fortunately it didn't continue this week.

Zayday (sp?) may not be the killer, but her reactions to the mall cop calling her out make it seem like she is up to something.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Comrade Fakename posted:

Chanel-o-Ween was amazing, but I felt that the girl power speech was the first indicator of Scream Queen's inevitable decent into the Glee-hole.

We didn't even need an indicator of that. The indicator is every other show Ryan Murphy had his hands on. Anybody not boarding this train with a five point safety harness, a fireproof suit, and a helmet in preparation for its violent derailment deserves what happens to them next.

But yeah, that's our first of many red flags for sure. The difference is, I'm prepared enough to let it roll off my shoulders and enjoy the Blondie Belinda Carlisle beatdown on its own warped terms.

:smug:

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I was dying during that opening bit, it was such a perfect parody of Swift-mas.

Also, Diego Boneta's Matthew McConaughey impression is fuckin' spot on. It was freaky.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
Boone's probably not coming back to the show for a little while, as he's probably still filming the second season of Kingdom right now.

Three Cookies
Apr 9, 2010

I love Chad so much.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I would watch another season of Glee if it had the exact cast as this show.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

precision posted:

I would watch another season of Glee if it had the exact cast as this show.

I prefer hilariously gruesome murders to drawn-out musical numbers, thank you very much.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
But what if we could have both

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

I mean, I'm fairly confident there's going to be a musical number at some point this season. I'm just not looking forward to it.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Just think about it as this is what SHOULD have happened when Rachel and Kurt went to college.

Eddain
May 6, 2007

ShakeZula posted:

I mean, I'm fairly confident there's going to be a musical number at some point this season. I'm just not looking forward to it.

I want everything to be dubstep.

Illuen
Feb 18, 2011

All comedy is derived from fear.
Lea Michele's crazy "there's the door, bitch!" Had me in tears.

Edit: this episode is super campy and I love it, although at this rate they're going to run out of classic horror movies to homage/rip off.

Illuen fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Oct 14, 2015

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

I find this show really entertaining and I'm surprised no one seems to know it exists.

Eddain
May 6, 2007

TOOT BOOT posted:

I find this show really entertaining and I'm surprised no one seems to know it exists.

I've been telling everyone I know to watch it.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

This episode was good.

Even if it only gets one season I will be happy if it goes out being consistently funny and creative instead of devolving into the sub mediocrity that is typical of Ryan Murphy shows. I think the whole season has already been filmed, anyway.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

this episode was p good, a few good homages (Shining, Exorcist 3, Silence of the Lambs) and lol at Nash grabbing the red wine and commenting on how good it is

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

This show is doing a good job of making me not want certain characters (Nash, Nasim Pedrad, Lea Michele, Chad) to die.

Candle Vlogger had some great lines this episode, too.

jazz babies
Mar 7, 2007

THIS SHOW IS AMAZING I can hardly believe how amazing it is.

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

Holy poo poo when they walk into the torture room and she says, "it smell like booty in here," and "I might start farting," my abs almost exploded from laughing.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

the truth posted:

Candle Vlogger had some great lines this episode, too.

I really thought Candle Vlogger was going to die next, since she had no other attachments to the other Chanels or pledges. It's nice to see just how hosed up and hilarious she can be. The ant farm is loving insane looking.

Holy crap though, Chad's speech had me in paroxysms of laughter. The sheer number of things he got wrong in that speech... and how the Dean flat out shoots him down and he still flirts with her, winking. I loved it. I also loved how he called out to out good friend, Mr. No-Arms, otherwise known now as Caulfield. And we finally got the name of the twins Chanel #5 was with Roger and Dodger.

Although Dodger promptly got eviscerated. Yay! Finally, another death.

Who do you think the Red Devil (or Devils) are?

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Also... gifs and images for the Deaths and Accidents toll, or for entertainment purposes! Get ready for a wall of crap and use or replace which images you want on the original front page. Someone complained about spoilers for people new to the show. You think it should be behind spoiler tags? In any case, here goes.

I forgot Episode 2 Chanel Oberlin got attacked right before Shondell got stabbed in the throat:

More Coney gifs (because reasons):

The direct attack on Chad (because this is just funny too):

Now I have a good image of Caulfield's accident and we have a name, plus we know he's alive:

(set magic)

Gigi Caldwell's chainsaw attack right after, (which she survived with a hilarious kick):

Mandy Greenwell, the 1995 Kappa sorority alumni, getting stabbed:

Zayday's kidnapping (which was amazing and straight out perfect Silence of the Lambs):

Chanel #5 and Roger's attempt on their life in the maze:

And now Dodger's evisceration/freezing (no gifs yet):

Pan Dulce fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Oct 14, 2015

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

I really hope we find out what happened to those toenail cookies.

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Tempora mutantur, et nos mutamur in illis

less laughter posted:

Chanel #3 is going to be in Star Wars ep. VII, that's neat

Possible case of nepotism?

And if it is, I'm fine with it.

xeria
Jul 26, 2004

Ruh roh...

Pan Dulce posted:

One of them is probably Boone, since we saw him elaborately fake his own death and all and haven't heard a peep about his whereabouts since.

I'm kind of starting to think the other is the dude who teamed up with Zayday to help her run for Kappa president. If she's to be believed, one of the Devils just tried to woo the poo poo out of her with Oakland nachos.

I'd like to see someone not-a-rando get whacked next. The death toll so far is Mrs Bean, Chanel #2, Shondell, Coney, Dodger, and Deaf Taylor Swift. That's really kind of a whole lotta nobodies in the grand scheme. (I nominate Pete to die, because he's worthless.)

fwuh
Jun 22, 2011

Pan Dulce posted:

Mixed. I'm pretty sure Hester is the child from 1995. I think GiGi introduced the rule that KKT has to allow ALL applicants specifically to get Hester in to KKT. Despite the most recent episode, I don't think GiGi is a Red Devil. I think she's just working with them.

Part of me thinks this will go a Hot Fuzz direction, where everyone's involved to some extent, but the twist is that none of the Red Devils know exactly who else is involved.

I'm also not sure Chanel Oberlin's parents are alive - it's getting to the point where they're suspiciously absent. So maybe she's the baby. Or maybe the 1995 baby is just an early-season red herring. Idk, guys D:

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

fwuh posted:

I'm also not sure Chanel Oberlin's parents are alive - it's getting to the point where they're suspiciously absent. So maybe she's the baby. Or maybe the 1995 baby is just an early-season red herring. Idk, guys D:

One of the 1995 KKT sorority sisters was called Coco. Who else would call their daughter Chanel? I thought it was weird she knew everything about the 1995 tub death and baby when Dean Munsch covered it up, but it would make sense if her mother was one of the ones there and told her about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joust
Dec 7, 2007

No Ledges.

Pan Dulce posted:

One of the 1995 KKT sorority sisters was called Coco. Who else would call their daughter Chanel? I thought it was weird she knew everything about the 1995 tub death and baby when Dean Munsch covered it up, but it would make sense if her mother was one of the ones there and told her about it.

Would fit that she wants to be a news anchor and one of the girls at the tub went on to become a news anchor iirc.

• Locked thread