Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the truth
Dec 16, 2007

I can't believe Lea Michele didn't get a solo. What fresh hell is this?

On a more serious note, I think the show is off to an ok start. Hopefully everything is wrapped up at the end of the season and it will be an anthology series like AHS. That should help keep the writing fresh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

My husband thought that was the funniest part because one of his best friends is totally obsessed with candles. There is a bunch of special lingo.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

How is Ryan Murphy going to screw this one up?

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Why did Ariana Grande's parents ask that the ?protagonists make sure she never comes home?

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Active666 posted:

Though I was disappointed with Neckbrace becoming Rachel :(

They can't hide that Lea Michele is pretty, but the character is not Rachel Berry. Her unsteady walk and manic grin while walking down the stairs were like someone who is completely unhinged. Maybe pre-season one Rachel Berry before she got friends. At the very least it's a much different character than Jessica Lange ever had to play between seasons, which surprised me given how myopic Ryan Murphy has been with Lange.

I won't complain if/when she starts singing, though.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Ryan Murphy's gaping rear end in a top hat is always winking.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Don't come in this thread unless you're man enough to attack the crack.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Can those gifs be the thread title?

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

It did come immediately after Chanel talked about guys being allowed to be fat and not wanting to die hungry, so it wasn't completely out of left field. I think the biggest warning about the show descending to Glee levels of sub-mediocrity was that last week's chainsaw episode was basically the standard "theme of the week" or tribute episode. Fortunately it didn't continue this week.

Zayday (sp?) may not be the killer, but her reactions to the mall cop calling her out make it seem like she is up to something.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

This episode was good.

Even if it only gets one season I will be happy if it goes out being consistently funny and creative instead of devolving into the sub mediocrity that is typical of Ryan Murphy shows. I think the whole season has already been filmed, anyway.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

This show is doing a good job of making me not want certain characters (Nash, Nasim Pedrad, Lea Michele, Chad) to die.

Candle Vlogger had some great lines this episode, too.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

I really hope we find out what happened to those toenail cookies.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

I'm a doctor and being born in a bathtub is well known to be associated with developing severe scoliosis later in life.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Lea Michele must have asked her former Glee castmates how they garnered viewer attention while sitting behind her in the choir room, completely mute, because her faces during the vagina teeth scene were great.

Chad owns. Candle Vlogger is great. Little Miss Sunshine is a terrible actor.

The Red Devil that Predatory Lez saw must be someone she is familiar with if she so readily offered to help them.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Nasim Pedrad 4 ever. Glad her post-SNL career isn't completely dead.

I don't know why I like Chad so much, because I normally hate dumb bro humor. I think this show will be a cult classic once it's done/canceled after one season. The density of jokes and overall quality of every character/actor except Little Miss Sunshine will help the show stand the test of time for people who can dig this kind of humor.

the truth fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Nov 4, 2015

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Is this the first time we heard Candle Vlogger's actual name?

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

I'm so glad this show won't get to go on for long enough for Ryan Murphy to ruin it.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

98% of last night's episode made me almost certain it was Lea Michele. She was not happy when Little Miss Sunshine wanted to leave.

I don't think it is Candle Vlogger because Boone was talking to his sister on the phone about Zayday and if they had talked recently. That probably wouldn't come up if the sister was supposed to be dead.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

The actor who plays the dad who is dating Gigi/Nasim Pedrad said season 2 (if it gets picked up) might take place in a summer camp setting.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

I can't believe Chad never said, "I love my dead, gay Boone!" Or did he?

What's your damage, Hester?

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Sorry to ruin the surprise for anyone who doesn't realize that it's Hester, but it's Hester.

Making Pete an incest tranny would be a little too out there, especially because he has been a minor character, and I think Chanel has secrets and is a murderer but is not the Red Devil Killer.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Happitoo posted:

What I'm saying is - Mo' Candles, Mo' Murder! When candles abound - murder go down! Candle Vlogger!

That is interesting, but there are a couple problems off the top of my head:
- Dead Boone called sister and asked if she "had talked to Zayday recently" AFTER Candle Vlogger was dead.
- Gigi said to the remaining Red Devil in the Thanksgiving episode that they had to keep the meal short so the Red Devil still had an alibi. Dead people don't need alibis.

On the other hand, Hester said the exact same thing about the electric knife that Gigi did (right before she was killed). She also has a dead mother and looked really upset by #5 wanting to leave a few weeks ago (soon after the truck driver honking at the killer - presumably Boone - story came to life). Hester's overall behavior and backstory make her the most likely to me.

It could be tranny half-sibling incest Pete, but I think it is definitely one of the new pledges because Gigi was the one who came up with the plan to let all new pledges into the house. I doubt that was just so the boring girl could get in, but I guess it's possible. The spray tanner incident and first appearance of Red Devil Killer make Chanel look suspicious, but she was accounted for in the flashback with boring girl touring the house when Chanel 3 and 5 ran into her. That's one outlier that doesn't make sense. Maybe Boone did that one?

Edit: Hmmm, Hester doesn't have a dead mom. My bad. Her dad died when she was six and her mom made her kiss the body.

the truth fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Nov 30, 2015

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

I just rewatched the first episode and there is a pretty huge inconsistency.

Boring girl (her name is Grace! I keep forgetting that) is accused by her dad of talking to Red Devil. That scene happened in the pilot when Grace was about to go to Kappa for the first time - she sees Red Devil off to one side looking at her. She walks after him, but he disappears. However, her dad says he saw her talk to the Red Devil at that point. Pete says that can be explained because it was actually him in the costume, but he doesn't meet Grace in the pilot for another few scenes.

Plot hole? Ryan Murphy screwing this one up? I don't know.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

criscodisco posted:

Since the explanation was that they were putting up fliers about the red devil and we never saw that scene, maybe the whole thing with Grace's dad all happened off-screen.

Yeah, just rewatched that part of the thanksgiving episode and it's not the same thing. Similar jacket, but the location is different.

Eight Dollars posted:

This is the one thing that ruins my perfect theory - which is that Deaf Taylor Swift faked her death in the beginning (just like Boone her body wasn't in the haunted house) and was faking being deaf.

If you ever ask yourself, "What is Taylor Swift doing right now," then the answer probably isn't being a serial killer. I think her body was missing because it was actually taken by the police/coroner. The bodies in that house had been missing.

the truth fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Nov 30, 2015

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Chanel #4 died from meningitis.

Having the killer be someone we never met would be really dumb.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Is this a reference to the Axe Man? I don't get it, sorry.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Candle Vlogger (the character) is from Antarctica?

http://www.designntrend.com/articles/63828/20151031/scream-queens-breezy-eslin-why-jennifer-obsessed-with-candles.htm

quote:

In a new interview with Cosmopolitan, Eslin revealed that there's actually a reason why her character has a strong connection to candles, and the actor has known about it ever since she got the audition script for the role.

"Jennifer is originally from Antarctica and in Antarctica there are, like, solid weeks of darkness each year; it's very cold and, well, fire is her best friend," Eslin shared."So then somehow the Bath & Body Works catalog came to her house and she started reading and she realized she could have the warm, comforting feeling of fire and also these scents of spring and summer and flowers, and all sorts of things without being in those places, but as [a means of escapism] from her barren, icy homeland."

Found this when I googled "Breezy Eslin," because I thought it was a nickname for Abigail Breslin (hope her character dies ASAP).

Shageletic posted:

Zaydee being the other killer would put a cool interesting spin on Boone's romantic pursuit of her.

Of his own sister who is also somehow black despite having two white parents? We're already running a high chance of incest with Pete possibly being a tranny.

the truth fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Dec 1, 2015

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

The phone call made it clear there is a yet another co-conspirator, so hopefully there is still a sister and not twisted tranny incest. Pete is missing an Adam's apple, though.

That makes pretty much everyone a possible suspect. Now I think it is either Hester (fake poison? Turned around and looked at something off camera for no reason right before the lights went off in the mall) or Chanel (significant established connection with Pete, and he probably did the spray tan thing for her), but thanks to this thread I know Candle Vlogger is apparently a very real possibility.

I hope it isn't #5.

I hope next week is awesome and gives us a satisfying finality.

I hope this show gets a second season and is done in an anthology style like AHS so people can come back. Almost the entire cast is great.

the truth fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Dec 2, 2015

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

My overall theories of each major character:

Chanel: a murderer, maybe tub baby, possibly some sort of con artist (says Grace is the only person who is as smart as her, Radwells had never heard of her supposedly old family, she was not this alpha in the spray tanning scene), maybe adopted.

#2: dead, an alcoholic, not the tub baby

#3: not a killer, not the tub baby

#4: dead from meningitis before the show started

#5: a bad actress, has some shady behavior (placing phone down in the last scene and distracting #3 and Hester so Chanel would be alone with Munsch) that could possibly be attributed to her alleged desire to kill Chanel (according to her Internet search results). Probably not tub baby.

#6/Hester: high likelihood for tub baby in my opinion, many suspicious behaviors and quotes in many episodes.

Grace: not tub baby, not Pete's co-conspirator

Zayday: not tub baby, innocent

Candle Vlogger: lol

Chad: lol

Niecy Nash: lol

Dean Munsch: a murderer, possibly Pete's co-conspirator which would make him tub baby incest tranny

Wes/Grace's dad: nope

Pete: a killer, but who and how many? Transgender tub baby who likes half-sibling incest? Sprayed acid on the previous Kappa president for Chanel? I think he is not trans and was just caught up in stuff that got out of control, either by his obsession with Chanel (if she is tub baby) or because he got close with Boone, who actually just started out as his source. Maybe it is Chanel and he killed Boone and Gigi (another explanation for not talking in those scenes other than keeping the identity a mystery from the audience) so they could get away together, but she is planning on killing him at the end and be the sole survivor.

the truth fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Dec 2, 2015

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

During the cryo scene, #5 and #6 were wearing each other's robes.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

The Saddest Rhino posted:

I'm seriously considering zayday (as declared by Denise Hemphill) now that Pete is revealed as an accomplice because

* she was the only other person who knew the Chanels were going to the mall

That also rules in all of the Chanels and Munsch.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

There is a theory running rampant on pretty much every other message board for this show aside from this one. I think it's related to leaked "spoilers," but it's not clear if they are legit.

Be careful where you look and what you read in the days leading up to the finale - some people are posing this detailed theory as their own creation in order to seem clever, when in fact they are just feeding off possible spoilers.

the truth fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Dec 4, 2015

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

There are seven Red Devils and one Scalia.

More excited for this finale than I should be.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

So many candles

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

I love this show.

So glad the alleged spoiler/theories weren't true.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Fake spoiler was Grace being the killer and working with Gigi. Gigi had been in touch with her at some point and convinced her that she was the other tub baby. Supposedly her scenes with Gigi were vague enough that it could have actually held up on a repeat viewing. There were other things that supported this, like Grace saying that Zayday was kidnapped before anyone knew that she was kidnapped and most people would assume she was dead. Chanel was the real tub baby, but didn't know it.

It would have been interesting, but there were a bunch of plot holes and some extreme jumps in logic. Reddit was convinced this was going to be the outcome, and now they are all very angry. The rumor started on IMDB message boards as far as I can tell.

The only major plot hole for me is who actually killed Gigi, but given the final scene and that tub girl has lied about lots of stuff and repeated Gigi's final words verbatim, we should assume that her denying all murders except Pete was a lie.

It seems like people who are most disappointed are those who wanted to be shocked or surprised. Some people wanted completely random or dead characters like Ariana Grande or Chanel #4 to be the killer, which wouldn't have been satisfying at all in my opinion. Candle Vlogger might have been interesting - I give you that. Even if it was predictable, it was still entertaining and gave Lea Michele a chance to act her butt (that could launch a million ships) off. Too bad she didn't get to sing, but whatever. This also gave the show a chance to focus on sardonic social commentary instead of retconning three months worth of plots for the sake of shallow shock value.

the truth fucked around with this message at 05:57 on Dec 9, 2015

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

DoctorX posted:

Scream Queens: Asylum

So it will be the best season?

I guess summer camp will be used for AHS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

This might be TV's best and worst version of a hospital/Med school.

• Locked thread