Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Dead Snoopy posted:

I've watched both and seriously, it didn't. Scream Queens embraces the hammy-ness and tropes of the material its playing up while the best Scream could do is echo the Kevin Williams formula while everybody save 2 actors (the nerd and the Bex Taylor whatever) are just horrible performance machines.

A better summary of Scream Queens is 'SCREAM mets HEATHERS'.

Popular on Heatheroids with a side of slasher.

aka the best formula for a Ryan Murphy show. This is great so far, and the best part is for once Murphy and the cast aren't winking at the camera which is perfect for this show.

That loving Chanel #2 death was just too good for me. Too drat good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

the truth posted:

Ryan Murphy's gaping rear end in a top hat is always winking.

Well that wink is a given.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Emma Roberts' Chanel was p good this episode, but ultimately i enjoyed how every single character is a complete moron and the actors totally ham it up (except Breslin who somehow keeps getting worse)

Her facial expressions, especially in the one on one scenes between her snd Chad, were loving glorious this week. Literally dead on my couch glorious.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Stabitha posted:

I don't know what has happened to Breslin. She's always been such a good actress. It's like the awkwardness of going through puberty has made her too self conscious to act well anymore.

The sad fate of many a child actor.

I haven't seen any other recent projects of hers. Maybe it's just the role?

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

scary ghost dog posted:

final girl is the worst movie ive seen all year and shes horrible in it

RIP Abigail Breastlin.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Mezzanon posted:

It's hosed up that there is no new episode today.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Volume posted:

It's simple, just design commercials so that there's a hidden commercial only found when you fast forward

Genius.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

This show is amazing.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Is it just me, or is it really obvious Pete is just a third Red Devil or at least some sort of accomplice or mole, possibly because he's so chapped about not being in the DDS. Which would be why we had the Chad scene. Like that call was obviously the girl tub baby and he's involved with her and the killings in some way.

For the hell of it I predict he was the red devil behind the spray tan tampering and thus murder of the Kappa prez before Chanel, because why not.

e: that is to say, he isn't a like tranny incest twin or w/e. like yeah i wouldn't put it past ryan murphy but i feel like some people are seriously considering that theory and not just having a cheeky laugh

e2: also I think Pete is the Devil who shot Chanel, because if the tub baby is one of the other Chanels and I personally think she is, then she needed somebody to pretend to be her b/c she was doing black friday at the mall. Pete is potentially also the person Boone was asking if they'd spoken to Zayday recently, tho if tub baby is a Chanel it could be either or

esperterra fucked around with this message at 11:34 on Dec 3, 2015

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Shageletic posted:

The first Pete and Grace makeout scene definitely felt Scream-ish to me. 15 year old spoiler, how he tried so hard to hook up with reminded me of how much Billy wanted to score with the final girl in that movie, so that he could "spoil" her (slasher movies are so hosed up) and therefore kill her with no compunctions. It just came off as incredibly creepy. Good job the actor who played Pete. Wish he was any good in any other scene.

EDIT: "Talking Pumpkin" killed me.

They've been giving Pete these creepy closeups, stares and music since the beginning and having more or less a full episode of it turned out a really enjoyable performance for me. Shame I can't say the same for him from like any episode before this one.

e: I have this weird feeling Grace might die in the finale, or come close as some kind of revenge for making Pete go soft and his trying to leave. It probably won't happen but I've been wondering all season if the virgin is really safe in this show or not

esperterra fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Dec 3, 2015

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Casimir Radon posted:

The head of Kappa before Chanel didn't die, she just got really bad booboos.

Yeah I was a bit iffy on whether or not she died when I made my post-- I haven't seen the pilot since like it aired. Actually, she was originally one of my suspects for Red Devil actually so I must have remembered on some level. That theory went down the drain fast tho when I remembered she saw a red devil after it happened.

Though if that was Pete ...

Nah too convoluted even for Murphy. Besides the remaining twin is almost definitely someone part of or close to the core cast at almost all times.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

the truth posted:

There is a theory running rampant on pretty much every other message board for this show aside from this one. I think it's related to leaked "spoilers," but it's not clear if they are legit.

Be careful where you look and what you read in the days leading up to the finale - some people are posing this detailed theory as their own creation in order to seem clever, when in fact they are just feeding off possible spoilers.

Yeah when I was going back to double check the details of the former Kappa's accident like three of the first google results were 'lol spoilertown ending inside!!!'.

This is probably the first time I've actually cared about spoilers in a Ryan Murphy show. I mean unless he pulls a character we've never seen out of his rear end, whichever Kappa it ends up being will be pretty drat satisfying at this point.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Finale was great. Lea Michele is great. Please get renewed and, please, bequeath Emma Roberts upon us once more, O Evil Lord Murphy.

Amen.

e: and please make season two an acid trip with Hexadecimal from ReBoot as the killer, amenx2

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

The Fuzzy Hulk posted:

I think the show would have ended better if they had killed off some of the girls in the last few episodes. Having everybody live, including the Red Devil (who killed a bunch of people) and the dean (who murdered her husband in cold blood because he left her for someone younger) seems kinda lovely.

As much as I liked the implication Hester killed the poo poo out of the Chanels, I also kind of don't mind them leaving it open because who knows if season two will really be a new setting or not at this point. If we have to do another season with these characters I'm glad the ones who survivdd did. But going fresh is a better plan and I hope they stick to it.

The finale was dumb as gently caress but so enjoyable I didn't care. It was obvious Hester was tub baby for so long that I'm really glad they didn't randomly make it someone else. I think the way the finale played out was worth it for that Lea Michele narration alone, really, and that ridiculous scene with Hester and Munsch.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

The Duke posted:

The whole last episode being about how Hester got one over on everyone was kind of lame and they probably should've just worked that into the last bit of the episode before it so it wouldn't be so drawn out but overall I thought the finale was fine.

One thing I am bothered by was how Hester killed Pete by jumping out of the closet, but at the end of the previous episode he looks in the closet and only the costume is there (no one in it). Kind of a cheap death but oh well. His story about joining the Red Devils was dumb anyway.

He always had a creepy vibe and weird close ups, but yeah they never capitalized on it much before revealing at the very end he was a killer. I think the biggest downside to the finale was the front halves of both taking up so much exposition.

Though I would rather have a full episode of Hester expositing than half of one with Pete doing it.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

precision posted:

Pete's "NO GRACE YOU HAVE TO STAY WHILE I EXPLAIN THE SHOW TO YOU" scene was the only thing I didn't like about the finale, or Hell, maybe even the whole season.

Billie Lourd looking happy as hell that she had become a famous criminal like her dad was probably my favorite thing about the finale. Also drat I can't believe I didn't notice how similar she looks to her mom until after I learned who her mom is.

Yeah, Chanel #3 vamping during the trial was glorious.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

A boarding school could be great.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

precision posted:

Worse than Coven or Freakshow?

No. It was actually quite enjoyable. Would rewatch.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Hotel was very dumb at times, but I think you may be smoking crack if you think it was less coherent than Coven or even Freakshow. Hotel at least had storylines throughout that all tied up (in dumb or messy ways, or predictable) in the end and all worked into the main Countess plot by the time it was over.

It was a lot of style over substance but far less so than 3 or 4 imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

timp posted:

Well I thought this poo poo was incredible.

Bitchin soundtrack, too.

• Locked thread