Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

And I am ALL about watching the mayhem happen this way. Denise Hemphill and Zayday better not die. They've already beaten one horror movie trope the second episode with Boone being alive .

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

the truth posted:

Hopefully everything is wrapped up at the end of the season and it will be an anthology series like AHS. That should help keep the writing fresh.

Nope. They've said it's going to be kind of like MTV Scream where some people die, some don't, and those that do move on to the next season and a new murder mystery with them involved begins. It's like a new regionals with the cast being culled off and newbies put in... every year.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Pierson posted:

I've never seen any Ryan Murphy shows but apparently he has a reputation? So level with me guys, will the show be as funny as those two gifs imply?

It's very Mean Girls meets Scream. But mind you, it's a dark-comedy, so you're getting hit in the face with a BUNCH of non-PC, hosed-up jokes that would not fly in real life conversation. It's satire. As a warning, some people who watched took it to heart and got really offended, some people find it in poor taste and bad/easy writing, and a lot more find it funny as hell.

The death scenes are hilarious, the character interactions are awesome, and if nothing else, the set design is really pretty.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

I actually think Chanel #5 is the baby. She was awfully quick to get Grace the hell out the basement. She's the right age.

Plus, didn't they say at the beginning Grace knowing a bit of her mom since she was a baby ~2? Her mom lived enough to have pictures in the sorority and have a pin, meaning she passed pledge and became a full fledged sister. She was also described as kind. So, bearing in mind that she was alive for awhile when Grace was born and wasn't a total psycho, plus became a sister and not erased from the house's history, I'd wager she's probably the brunette chick that had pity for pregnant dead tub girl.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Josh Lyman posted:

Nothing bad ever happens in a Best Buy parking lot.

You have NO idea how many people this joke just flew over their heads. I asked at a viewing party and was told these varying degrees of understanding:
  • People having sex in the back of cars and getting caught
  • Stealing from Best Buy
  • Overnight parking without permission
  • Black Friday

NOBODY got Serial the podcast! Nobody remembered the murder of Hae Min Lee and how they picked up her body at the Best Buy parking lot. Or the crass tweets Best Buy made after Serial aired that portion of it.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Right? I almost felt like an rear end in a top hat for loving that death since right before it during commercial break, I just huffed and said, "Her shtick is getting loving annoying instead of funny. I hope she dies."

And she did. As a gopher head. RIGHT after singing Shake It Off.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

What the gently caress, how is spitroasting and eiffel-towering PG-14?

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

This loving SHOW!!! I'll never be able to listen to Everybody (Backstreet's Back) without loving laughing and thinking of baseball bats.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

I feel this should be added to the OP and updated each episode, so I'm posting it a rough idea here. If you want me to edit this post so it doesn't exist, let me know. For Coney and the Dickie Dollars Scholars, I might get better gifs and an actual name for the dude later on.

Original KKT 1995 Death

Sophia - Gave Birth In a Tub During TLC's Waterfalls and Bled Out

Red Devil "Deaths" and "Accidents"

Melanie Dorkess - Acid Spray Tan (Survived)

Ms. Bean - Killed By Deep Fryer Prank Gone Wrong

Chanel #2 - Stab Wounds During Texting and Tweeting

Tiffany "deaf Taylor Swift" de Salle - Run Over By Lawnmower After Singing Shake It Off

Boone Clemens - Faked Slashed Throat At Gym (Survived)

Shondell - Knife To The Throat

Coney - Mascot Rivalry, Shaved Off His Toppings With A Chainsaw

Misc. Dickie Dollars Scholar - Arms Lopped Off (Chainsaw > Baseball Bat) (?)

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Well, more TINY peeks of other classic scream queens, even tv ones, like the actress Charisma Carpenter, who played Cordelia Chase in Buffy and Angel, would be nice.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

the truth posted:

Why did Ariana Grande's parents ask that the ?protagonists make sure she never comes home?

She's an alcoholic, so they say. So if she's in danger because she's royally smashed, they want her to be safe but... yeah...

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

To be fair, Skyler Samuels is also a colossal turd in terms of acting and bringing down shows. She was on The Gates and The Nine Lives of Chloe King, both shows that died in one season and had HORRIBLE acting on her end. Not to mention the tragedy that was American Horror Story: Freak Show.

God, between Samuels and Bonita, they make the worst couple. I admit, I zone out on their scenes.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Chad proving he's still the best part of this drat show. Holy poo poo, between his scenes with Hester and the Chanel-o-ween intro, this episode was amazing too. By the way, the Matthew McConaughey impersonation was cloying and terrible.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Is no one going to comment on that crazy "girl power" destruction of a frat boy after munching on cotton balls? That was insanely over-the-top, not necessary for what was dished out, but what a spectacle to watch!

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

I almost shed tears of laughter watching that introduction sequence. Because I remembered this:

Swift-mas:

Chanel-O-Ween

They got it down to her riding the random little car the person getting the gift had. It was glorious.

Pan Dulce fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Oct 8, 2015

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

the truth posted:

Candle Vlogger had some great lines this episode, too.

I really thought Candle Vlogger was going to die next, since she had no other attachments to the other Chanels or pledges. It's nice to see just how hosed up and hilarious she can be. The ant farm is loving insane looking.

Holy crap though, Chad's speech had me in paroxysms of laughter. The sheer number of things he got wrong in that speech... and how the Dean flat out shoots him down and he still flirts with her, winking. I loved it. I also loved how he called out to out good friend, Mr. No-Arms, otherwise known now as Caulfield. And we finally got the name of the twins Chanel #5 was with Roger and Dodger.

Although Dodger promptly got eviscerated. Yay! Finally, another death.

Who do you think the Red Devil (or Devils) are?

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Also... gifs and images for the Deaths and Accidents toll, or for entertainment purposes! Get ready for a wall of crap and use or replace which images you want on the original front page. Someone complained about spoilers for people new to the show. You think it should be behind spoiler tags? In any case, here goes.

I forgot Episode 2 Chanel Oberlin got attacked right before Shondell got stabbed in the throat:

More Coney gifs (because reasons):

The direct attack on Chad (because this is just funny too):

Now I have a good image of Caulfield's accident and we have a name, plus we know he's alive:

(set magic)

Gigi Caldwell's chainsaw attack right after, (which she survived with a hilarious kick):

Mandy Greenwell, the 1995 Kappa sorority alumni, getting stabbed:

Zayday's kidnapping (which was amazing and straight out perfect Silence of the Lambs):

Chanel #5 and Roger's attempt on their life in the maze:

And now Dodger's evisceration/freezing (no gifs yet):

Pan Dulce fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Oct 14, 2015

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

fwuh posted:

I'm also not sure Chanel Oberlin's parents are alive - it's getting to the point where they're suspiciously absent. So maybe she's the baby. Or maybe the 1995 baby is just an early-season red herring. Idk, guys D:

One of the 1995 KKT sorority sisters was called Coco. Who else would call their daughter Chanel? I thought it was weird she knew everything about the 1995 tub death and baby when Dean Munsch covered it up, but it would make sense if her mother was one of the ones there and told her about it.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

fwuh posted:

Well, she's also clearly lying about the Lagerfeld thing - in the bronzing flashback, she was wearing a Tommy Hilfiger polo. If Karl Lagerfeld had been that close to her family since her mom was like 7, why would she ever have worn anything other than Chanel?

I think that's the show not being able to afford Chanel as a constant clothing source, so they go for something else that gave them options. For instance, most of what I see Chanel #1 in is Christian Siriano's collection and Topshop's collection. I think the lines just sponsor the show and Chanel as a brand doesn't.

Source of this information comes from https://screamqueensfashion.tumblr.com which is almost crazy in how detailed its findings are.

Pan Dulce fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Oct 16, 2015

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

If it was Neicy Nash all along, that would make this show gold. #cahoots indeed.

But I actually think the Red Devil romancing Zayday was Earl Grey. Gigi was probably telling the Red Devil that followed her to clean up this mess and kill Earl Grey for messing up and not killing Zayday. We know Boone's probably one too. During the Backstreet Boys fight, one of the Red Devils stopped to look at Chad when he was down.

Gigi's the brunette sorority girl from 1995. And Hester's the tub baby.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

One can only hope. He sucks all the funny out of his scenes, especially when paired with Grace. But Pete comes out more than once on the opening and does the whole wink-y thing in the coffin at the end, so I'm worried he's NEVER going to leave.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

I thought the Red Devil chasing Roger, Dodger, and Chanel #5 with garden shears in the maze and making that particular "snick" sound Scissorman makes when chasing you in Clocktower, the video game, might be a super nerdy reference too.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Chad getting more lines and no Pete to ruin things by being there? Great episode.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

I predict another Dickie Dollars Scholar death. They have characters in the background that don't matter.

Anyone notice the Dean said everyone killed was associated with KKT? But Coney is the outlier.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Niecy Nash dishes 15 Set Secrets You Never Knew About The Cast Of “Scream Queens”

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

criscodisco posted:

Glad to see this show back with a good episode, even if no-one died (that we knew). I loved Chanel No. 2's description of Hell.

No dinosaurs though!

I actually thought this was the weakest episode they've had. No Denise and VERY little Chad. Instead we get an admittedly hilarious seance and the Adventures of Pete and Grace, which is always a snooze fest. Tavi as Feather was nice; I didn't know she could act.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

CobiWann posted:

I’ve tried to enjoy this show, but it just never clicked with me. I hate the main female lead and her boyfriend and have no involvement in the central mystery at all.

I’ll finish out the season, but I believe MTV’s Scream pulled off this same concept in a much better way.

Grace and Pete or Chanel and Chad? One of these is the right decision to hate.

As for MTV's Scream pulling off the same thing, I don't really think so. Scream was trying to make a modern retelling of the movie and, I think, trying to be a kind homage, mixing new technology and Serial to keep it new. Scream Queens is just all out black comedy and shooting the poo poo about a ton of horror from the 80s and 90s. It's like a meaner Final Girls, mixed with The Heathers.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Holy poo poo, that ending was epic. And the Radwells... I only wish Chanel would have laid the verbal smackdown on Muffy.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

I hope it's not Hester or Chanel #5, that'd be a really easy out and the perfect "Why, Ryan Murphy?" end. I'm hoping for something epic and whacky as gently caress, like Chanel, or Candlevlogger, or hell, Chad.

Also, awhile back, Murphy claimed only 4 characters were moving on to the next season, if picked up. I'm thinking Chanel Oberlin, Chad Radwell, Grace, and Zayday.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

If Chanel's mom is Sarah Michelle Gellar, I'd be stoked.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

criscodisco posted:

That would be incredible, and she's not doing much these days, is she? Other than the Proactiv commercials, of course,

She's not opposed to tv too. She did that horrible show with the CW, Ringer, and the short lived sitcom, The Crazy Ones, with Robin Williams. I'm hoping that means something could theoretically be drafted up.

Other Scream Queens I wouldn't mind coming into the fray: Sigourney Weaver, Danielle Harris, Linda Hamilton (who did Chuck, so she can do tv), Neve Campell, and Jennifer Love Hewitt (who did Criminal Minds recently). They all did horror around the time Scream Queens gives homages to.

:eng101: Weird factoid: Heather Elizabeth Langenkamp (Nancy Thompson from the Nightmare on Elm Street movies) does special effects for Scream Queens.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

This honestly feels like they're using the same formula AHS used with it going from a home to an asylum and just going from a dormitory to a hospital. gently caress. I don't want it to be canceled and it already had lovely viewing numbers.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

The show's starting again tomorrow! Are we continuing this thread or starting a new one?

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Chad's back, Denise is back, Hester's back, basically everyone worth a drat is back...

AND NO GRACE! gently caress yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

the truth posted:

This might be TV's best and worst version of a hospital/Med school.

Nah. Grey's Anatomy still exists.

• Locked thread