Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
I'm enjoying this so far, but coming from shows like AHS and Walking Dead, it's funny seeing how sad gore is on a primetime network show. In fact, I almost believed that the maid was still alive and killing people since her burns were so comically fake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

Gordong Dongbay posted:

Even in a TV show Ariana Grande dresses like a 12 year old hooker. Is she exclusively appealing to pedophiles in her career or something? If I already didn't know her age there is no way I would guess she is 22.

I'm almost certain I read a thing a while back that she has in her contract or rider or whatever it's called that she cannot be filmed without the ponytail ever, and can only be photographed from one side, her "good side".

I don't know if that carries over to TV shows, but it sure seems to.

Also, it took until the lawnmower scene for me to realize that neckbrace is Lea Michele. I'm glad she was unrecognizable, because she played Rachel Berry for so long that I was starting to associate her personality with that character.

It's also nice to see the original scream queen doing anything but a diarrhea yogurt commercial.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

aBagorn posted:

Her dad could be lying to her, maybe? She might not even know how old she really is?

I actually don't think Head Kappa went to that school. That seems like it would be too much of a coincidence even for this show.

I thought it was heavily implied that she was the girl holding the baby after it's mom died. She said her doctor told her she was stuck in the 90's because of a traumatic incident.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

Active666 posted:

I did not know this either, and words are failing me now....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QabHjRJ2Hss

You only have to get about 1 minute in to see why candle vloggers are their own breed. I didn't know how to find the original video, so this is of a drag queen doing a tosh.o thing on it. Sorry about that.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
Honestly, it went over my head, too.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

Active666 posted:

I was wondering the exact same thing, along with my favourite person Chad Radwell telling Chanel that she shaves her box in sexy way. They are pushing boundaries and I love it. Also loved Chad totally dismissing what Boone did.

Maybe moving from 8 until 9 made the difference? The first episodes had quick humor, but I didn't remember any lines like those being in it. Also, Chanel No 1 calling the girls gashes.

I do think, though, that you can probably get a lot by censors by using nicknames for everything. I think I remember reading that the standards and practices people tend to be older, somewhat uptight folks. Maybe they just don't know what any of these terms mean.

Also it would pain me to know that NYPD Blue was airing when I was in high school but we still couldn't talk about being spit-roasted on TV in my late 30's.

Loving this show, and so far I've only gotten my sister hooked, but I'm trying to spread the word. I can never figure out what "points" and "shares" mean, so how have the ratings been?

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

Pan Dulce posted:

Is no one going to comment on that crazy "girl power" destruction of a frat boy after munching on cotton balls? That was insanely over-the-top, not necessary for what was dished out, but what a spectacle to watch!

I thought that was pretty over the top as well, but I assumed that it was appeasing some demographic that I was unaware of.

I'm calling it right now: the bathtub baby is Dean Munch, but she has progeria.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

TOOT BOOT posted:

She was there immediately afterwards so no.

I was totally not serious, just trying to jump the gun even ahead of Ryan Murphy. Meanwhile, that puddle of cat avatar you got is melting my heart.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
I must be getting old because hearing a group of girls get called "a pack of slits" during network primetime was genuinely shocking to me.

Great episode, none of the people I wanted to die did (except maybe the other twin).

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

Shageletic posted:

(not to mention that 3! were done for in the last one, almost one every 15 minutes)

To be fair, wasn't last night's the Halloween episode?

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
Well, while I can't verify as I have TW cable, my sister claims that on her DirectTV they have the entire first season up on their Fox On Demand. She's kind of a bonehead though, so she could be wrong.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

Eddain posted:

Maybe she's looking at the reality TV series Scream Queens?

While I wouldn't put it past her, she did specifically say it was on Fox on Demand.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
Glad to see this show back with a good episode, even if no-one died (that we knew). I loved Chanel No. 2's description of Hell.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

the truth posted:

Nasim Pedrad 4 ever. Glad her post-SNL career isn't completely dead.

I don't know why I like Chad so much, because I normally hate dumb bro humor. I think this show will be a cult classic once it's done/canceled after one season. The density of jokes and overall quality of every character/actor except Little Miss Sunshine will help the show stand the test of time for people who can dig this kind of humor.

Is it not doing well in the ratings?

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

aBagorn posted:

Interestingly enough, when fast forwarding through commercials, you (or at least I) pay more attention to them as to not skip past when the show comes back.

Advertisers should figure out how to market that. Like have focus groups see what they remember after a 2 second FF. I'm thinking heavy brand placement.

I'm the same way, especially because I'm always looking for the commercial for shows on the same network, since that's what always runs right before the break ends. I'll also stop it if there's a commercial for a movie that looks good, even in fast forward.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

Volume posted:

It's simple, just design commercials so that there's a hidden commercial only found when you fast forward

There was a start-up company a couple years ago that offered to make commercials for your company that would feature a logo and mascot that stayed stationary the entire duration of the commercial, so that it was still visible in fast forward. I'm not sure how that was their entire business model, since that sort of thing would be pretty easy to do yourself.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

the truth posted:

Is this the first time we heard Candle Vlogger's actual name?

It stood out to me, too, so I'm betting it is.

Decent episode, I guess, even if not much happened. I was glad to see the return of Denise Hempfield and the Jonas Brother, but two episodes in a row of not much is getting a little stale.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
Since the explanation was that they were putting up fliers about the red devil and we never saw that scene, maybe the whole thing with Grace's dad all happened off-screen.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

Pan Dulce posted:

If Chanel's mom is Sarah Michelle Gellar, I'd be stoked.

That would be incredible, and she's not doing much these days, is she? Other than the Proactiv commercials, of course,

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

Pan Dulce posted:

She's not opposed to tv too. She did that horrible show with the CW, Ringer, and the short lived sitcom, The Crazy Ones, with Robin Williams. I'm hoping that means something could theoretically be drafted up.

Other Scream Queens I wouldn't mind coming into the fray: Sigourney Weaver, Danielle Harris, Linda Hamilton (who did Chuck, so she can do tv), Neve Campell, and Jennifer Love Hewitt (who did Criminal Minds recently). They all did horror around the time Scream Queens gives homages to.

:eng101: Weird factoid: Heather Elizabeth Langenkamp (Nancy Thompson from the Nightmare on Elm Street movies) does special effects for Scream Queens.

I actually really like Ringer. It was intentionally way over the top. At least, I hope it was intentional.

I didn't realize she worked on Scream Queens, but I did know that Langenkamp and her husband had an FX company.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

precision posted:

Not to derail extensively but yes, yes it is. I stopped watching halfway through the "Morgan's 90 minutes of backstory" and from what I can tell every episode since has been supremely poo poo.

I mean what's the deal with that show, almost every season has started out very good and proceeded to get very bad. Like, the first couple episodes of this season were actually fantastic!

Derail just a bit longer and share what show you're talking about!

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

precision posted:

This is Ryan Murphy we're talking about, I wouldn't be surprised at all if it somehow turns out to be Zayday.

Thanks to Candle Vlogger we know she has motivation. Maybe her grandma is dead all along, the one who supposedly sent her that chainsaw. Dead at the hands of the Red Devil Killer.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

precision posted:

I wasn't aware anyone was "from Antarctica". Seems like kind of a dick move to have a baby there and decide to stay.

Surely the research teams up there get bored and get to porkin, right? If anyone around you could be a shape-shifting alien, there's only one way to be sure.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

buddhanc posted:

I'm pumped for tonights episode. I wish we could have more Radwell family

I could watch Julia Duffy in anything, but Alan Thicke gives me the creeps.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
That was quite a shameless Samsung plug. I can't complain, because that was my exact phone, so I can pretend I'm waiting for Chanel to call. Now if only anyone ever called me.

Sort of an anticlimactic reveal, assuming it's an actual reveal and not a stupid and infuriating cliffhanger.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

the truth posted:

I hope this show gets a second season and is done in an anthology style like AHS so people can come back. Almost the entire cast is great.

I read the other day on EW that a second season is likely and that Murphy already said that 3 cast members would be returning. I'm guessing guessing Chanel and Hester, but who else?

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

Happitoo posted:

You lol, but what was on the table when everyone was planning to drown the dean? That's right... CANDLES!! Candles = (attempted) murder! Candle Vlogger!!

When Chanel pulled out the jars of apple cider I thought they were jar candles and I thought "holy poo poo he was right".

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
Well that was fun as hell, which is a lot more than I can say about a lot of seasons of TV.

Also I got to see Goldie Hawn's son in his underwear, which has long been a dream of mine. No complaints.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
I thought Ryan Murphy already confirmed that if season 2 is a go, it's going to be a new sorry with different characters, taking place at a summer camp and only 3 actors would be returning.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

berzerkmonkey posted:

She's in the new Star Wars movie. I'm guessing because her real-life mom is Carrie Fisher.

Holy poo poo, I had no idea. In retrospect though, there's a definite resemblance.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

aBagorn posted:

Who the gently caress?!

Sadly, a gis of "jaime lee Stewart" brings up nothing but pictures of Ms. Curtis. I'll never understand how google does it's magic. Once I googled something my cat said and it brought up a PDF of my mortgage agreement. What a world!

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

one sexy loser posted:

Hey so can I have an update on your awesome cats ?

I would love to tell you what's happening on General Catpital but typing on a tablet is a nuisance. Just call me if you have any general interest questions 6144001032; I'm very chatty. In all fairness, I'm going to an Amish porcupine farm this afternoon where you can feed them for 10 bucks so I might be busy feeding porcupines.

Edit: I don't really understand the point of a porcupine farm. How big a market is there for porcupines? Are their quills of value?

criscodisco fucked around with this message at 11:49 on Dec 11, 2015

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

Lord Krangdar posted:

The V for Vendetta mask?

That was exactly what I was gonna guess, the Guy Fawkes mask.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

timp posted:

Well I thought this poo poo was incredible.

• Locked thread