Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
xeria
Jul 26, 2004

Ruh roh...

the truth posted:

That should help keep the writing fresh.

You would think, but then AHS: Freakshow happened.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xeria
Jul 26, 2004

Ruh roh...
Her dad would have to be lying to her on several levels, I think, because the incident/birth took place roughly 20 years ago and Grace tells Pete that she's 18. Of any of them through the second episode, I'm kind of inclined to think it's Pete, because he puts his age at 19/20, clearly hates the poo poo out of Kappa, and I don't think the baby in the intro scene was actually assigned a gender in that moment, was it?

(They're also obviously setting up Chad as a potential answer to that question with his severe death/mom issues.)

Pierson posted:

I've never seen any Ryan Murphy shows but apparently he has a reputation? So level with me guys, will the show be as funny as those two gifs imply?

Probably the show will be very funny to you. Ryan Murphy shows tend to have a very short/severe shelf-life, as he only has the attention span to write interesting/coherent material for maybe a season or two at most before his method devolves into "gently caress it, throw everything at the wall, most of it probably won't stick but who even cares anymore".

xeria
Jul 26, 2004

Ruh roh...
This episode had minimal Boring Pete (and a healthy dose of Chad), therefore it's the best to date.

the truth posted:

How is Ryan Murphy going to screw this one up?

He'll lure Jessica Lange into this show and then write a season all about an aging starlet come to take over as dean of the university.

xeria
Jul 26, 2004

Ruh roh...

DivisionPost posted:

Now, now, we all forgot about him.

I would like to always forget about him until he unceremoniously dies in a future episode.

xeria
Jul 26, 2004

Ruh roh...

DivisionPost posted:

Something about setting it to Blondie made it so much better though.

The cafeteria beat-down was set to Belinda Carlisle.

Episode thoughts: Pete is still the worst. Chad is still the best. Hester has fully transmogrified into Obsessed-With-Death Rachel Berry.

Just realized we haven't seen Boone since the reveal that he faked his death (and is presumably one of the red devils now), and I'm pretty sure he didn't come up when they were rattling off the various deceased to date. Wonder if someone in the next ep is going to be like, "...What about Boone?" or if this is just RM being lazy and ignoring that the other characters would still think he's dead.

xeria
Jul 26, 2004

Ruh roh...

Pan Dulce posted:

Who do you think the Red Devil (or Devils) are?

One of them is probably Boone, since we saw him elaborately fake his own death and all and haven't heard a peep about his whereabouts since.

I'm kind of starting to think the other is the dude who teamed up with Zayday to help her run for Kappa president. If she's to be believed, one of the Devils just tried to woo the poo poo out of her with Oakland nachos.

I'd like to see someone not-a-rando get whacked next. The death toll so far is Mrs Bean, Chanel #2, Shondell, Coney, Dodger, and Deaf Taylor Swift. That's really kind of a whole lotta nobodies in the grand scheme. (I nominate Pete to die, because he's worthless.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xeria
Jul 26, 2004

Ruh roh...

precision posted:

I'm actually betting he gets taken out fairly soon, like in 1-2 episodes.

Please let him be the first 'major' character to bite it.

• Locked thread