Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
The dad being the killer is almost too obvious, but I'd say it's possible.

Actually, the way this show is going, everyone is too obvious for everything, so all bets are probably off. I mean, Munsch being the killer would also be super-obvious, as would Chad and the mascot geek dude.

Chanel #5 is an actual perfume so I immediately assumed she's important.

And there are people who do vlogs reviewing frozen pizzas, at least candles are something that anyone in the world might ever care about a review of.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Seeing Niecy Nash reminded me to start my series-long rewatch of Reno 911. Seriously they've got them all on Hulu and I am ready for this.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I think Ryan is more of a crystal meth guy. That whole California gay scene thing, you know.

Uh, not that I would know anything about that. :ninja:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I'm pretty sure it's going to turn out that EVERYONE is the killer :supaburn:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I expect Lea Michelle to be killed off at the exact moment she hits the high note in a stirring musical number.

Like I'm seriously pretty sure that is gonna happen

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I want a remake of Zoolander starring Chad Radwell.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I would watch another season of Glee if it had the exact cast as this show.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
But what if we could have both

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

fwuh posted:

Part of me thinks this will go a Hot Fuzz direction, where everyone's involved to some extent, but the twist is that none of the Red Devils know exactly who else is involved.

*ahem*

precision posted:

I'm pretty sure it's going to turn out that EVERYONE is the killer :supaburn:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

TOOT BOOT posted:

I like how they've been stringing red herrings along so it seems like 90% of the cast could theoretically be the red devil or at least one of them.

I may be wrong but I think that as of this episode there's literally nobody in the cast that we haven't seen being attacked by the devil.

The heavy implication that the dad is the devil really went into overdrive with the 90s girl's scene at the end, "I have a salad date with a very special someone". Unless Ryan Murphy and friends intend to swerve on everything and light a dumpster fire at the end of the season, the dad is almost certainly one of the devils.

Hopefully not the one with the hots for Zay.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Hold on guys, wait, hold on.

Holy poo poo.

Niecy Nash has never actually been shown with the red devil

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

The Saddest Rhino posted:

she attacked (one of) the red devil(s) with Gigi

Ugh, loving duh.

Pan Dulce posted:

But I actually think the Red Devil romancing Zayday was Earl Grey. Gigi was probably telling the Red Devil that followed her to clean up this mess and kill Earl Grey for messing up. We know Boone's probably one too. During the Backstreet Boys fight, one of the Red Devils stopped to look at Chad when he was down.

Gigi's the brunette sorority girl from 1995. And Hester's the tub baby.

Hm... I think all this checks out.

I have a suspicion the show will have a "last man standing" theme. It will end with one person having out-maneuvered and out-smarted everyone else. Sane money is on Dean Munsch, but this is Ryan Murphy, so it could easily be Hester or even Chanel herself.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Ryan Murphy, you brilliant son of a bitch.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

The Saddest Rhino posted:

i hope the barista/journalist gets killed soon but i think he's on for the long haul which urgggghhhhhhhhhhh

I'm actually betting he gets taken out fairly soon, like in 1-2 episodes.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Shageletic posted:

A tight 13 sounds ideal.

Well hello again, Aatrek.

Latest episode was just amazing. Did not expect Chanel to sort of, kind of, become sympathetic. The whole thing with Predatory Lez and Earmuff was great. Chad continues to be hilarious.

How is Ryan Murphy gonna screw this one up?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
"If Jackie Chan were a DJ" is my new DJ name

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I don't really care about the central mystery but all the best characters are still alive so I'm still enjoying the hell out of it.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Happitoo posted:

Look at all these wrong guesses. It's clearly Candle Vlogger.

Let me break it down (in no particular order because I can't remember what order they all happen in):

Candle Vlogger is introduced by the Dean as being a sophomore putting her at the same age (assumed) as Grace's idiot boyfriend who they thought was the devil.

When Boone faked his death he was surrounded by... CANDLES!

When Hester & Chad go to the haunted house to get it on and find all the dead bodies it's filled with... CANDLES! When they enter Chad goes "Why are all these candles lit? the haunted house isn't for 2 hours. That seems really wasteful"

When the Red Devil (Boone) tries to have dinner with Zayday there's... CANDLES! on the table. When everyone arrives to rescue Zayday the CANDLES! are gone. In the same episode Candle Vlogger freaks out about Chanel using candles once and throwing them away, and collects them all.

Chanel #5 and the twins go to the pumpkin patch to light... CANDLES! Dodger gets killed

Candle Vlogger has the whole speech about ants having a queen that gets plowed all the time and a bunch of non-sexual female helper ants a la the Red Devil & Gigi (Gigi doing it with Grace's Dad etc.)

When the power gets cut at the Kappa house they use... CANDLES! to light up the place. The no armed guy dies a couple other people die too (Roger?) I can't remember

When Candle Vlogger is "murdered" she's surrounded by... CANDLES!

At the Thanksgiving dinner Zayday lights the... CANDLES! on the table and then they bring out the plate with Gigi's head

Zayday wanted to light the... CANDLES! with matches from Candle Vlogger's room, but there were none! WHY? Because Candle Vlogger is alive and needs matches to light her CANDLES!!

Also the show went a really long way to throw in the throw away line about not being able to find matches just so they could bring up Candle Vlogger again. It was covered up by a "Chanel #3 takes massive dumps" joke.

What I'm saying is - Mo' Candles, Mo' Murder! When candles abound - murder go down! Candle Vlogger!

It might be time to lay off the meth, Mr. Murphy :v:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Candle Vlogger is the Red Devil is the new Glenn Is Dead isn't it?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

DivisionPost posted:

More importantly: How much juice do you think Ryan Murphy has with his friend / Emma Roberts' aunt Julia?

Enough that, say, he could talk her into an under-the-radar cameo as Chanel's mother for the finale?

Oh God don't get my hopes up like that because it would be amazeballs

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Someone needs to make True Lies 2 using the original script but reversing the roles of Curtis and Schwarzenegger

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Shageletic posted:

I love this is how I found out that of course it didn't happen. What a supremely lovely show.

Not to derail extensively but yes, yes it is. I stopped watching halfway through the "Morgan's 90 minutes of backstory" and from what I can tell every episode since has been supremely poo poo.

I mean what's the deal with that show, almost every season has started out very good and proceeded to get very bad. Like, the first couple episodes of this season were actually fantastic!

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
"Everyone thinks I'm Joaquin Phoenix" might be the best (short) running gag on the show.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
This is Ryan Murphy we're talking about, I wouldn't be surprised at all if it somehow turns out to be Zayday.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I wasn't aware anyone was "from Antarctica". Seems like kind of a dick move to have a baby there and decide to stay.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
There were two devils at the mall? I think the one Devil just did typical horror movie unexplained teleporting.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I wonder if they'll even bother trying to explain why Dean Munsch is literally invincible.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

berzerkmonkey posted:

She's in the new Star Wars movie. I'm guessing because her real-life mom is Carrie Fisher.

Holy poo poo.

Also, well, I'm actually glad they went with an ending that actually just made sense (and executed it perfectly) rather than "how weird can we get?" It seems maybe even like it was an intentional "people know us Murphy for out of nowhere and weird plot poo poo, let's try and prove that doesn't have to always happen".

If the season 2 rumor is true, I hope the returning three are Emma Roberts, Niecy Nash, and Jamie Lee Stewart. That is the correct answer.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Waluigi?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Pete's "NO GRACE YOU HAVE TO STAY WHILE I EXPLAIN THE SHOW TO YOU" scene was the only thing I didn't like about the finale, or Hell, maybe even the whole season.

Billie Lourd looking happy as hell that she had become a famous criminal like her dad was probably my favorite thing about the finale. Also drat I can't believe I didn't notice how similar she looks to her mom until after I learned who her mom is.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Grem posted:

Just put Chad in every show on television.

He would have been amazing on True Blood when it was at its peak, him and Snookie's brother could have had such amazing dumb adventures.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Ah, so that's how Ryan Murphy is gonna screw this one up. I was really hoping for a "no direct sequel" second season. Though the article is obviously ambiguous as to whether it's the same hospital the Chanels ended up in.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

DoctorX posted:

Scream Queens: Asylum

Would own!

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I feel like still enough people didn't watch this. Ryan Murphy's name is poison to a lot of people. :\

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Worse than Coven or Freakshow?

• Locked thread