Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

criscodisco posted:

I'm enjoying this so far, but coming from shows like AHS and Walking Dead, it's funny seeing how sad gore is on a primetime network show. In fact, I almost believed that the maid was still alive and killing people since her burns were so comically fake.

I think that kinda added to the vibe in this case. This isn't American Horror Story where they're actively trying to disturb you and make you think; they're going more for a winking homage, and the absurd gore and effects play to that.

Also, everybody's pretty drat great, but can I fawn over Neckbrace for a bit? Aside from similar obsessive qualities, I don't see a bit of Rachel Berry in Lea Michele's performance, but her clingy death-obsessed weirdo act is amazing here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Illuen posted:

My husband didn't get why I was laughing so hard at her until I explained to him that candle vloggers are real

gently caress off.

...wait, what?

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

wormil posted:

I'm sold, I'm all in. I don't even know what's going on but I like it.

The music is ... interesting. I feel like my subconscious is making connections about the song choices that I'm missing on a conscious level.

I think I'm misinterpreting your post, but it's basically a funky mix of Carpenter-esque synth (paying tribute to the show's campy slasher roots) and 90s pop (which serves a thematic function based in how tied this whole mess is to the pledge who bled out giving birth because "Waterfalls" was the sorority's jam). I'm kind of shocked that the two blend together as well as they do.

Interesting fact: the series composer is Mac Quayle, last seen/heard burning it down on Mr. Robot alongside everyone else involved with the show.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

The Saddest Rhino posted:

oh poo poo, i completely forgot about Pete, the most boring barista with a murderous look on television

Now, now, we all forgot about him.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

ShakeZula posted:

Yeah I kept waiting for a punchline but it just kept going along straight-faced. Definitely a weird decision to include that.

No, that's a classic Glee move. "Well, this scene doesn't really have anything to do with the episode, but it's on my mind, so let's wedge that poo poo in there."

Something about setting it to Blondie made it so much better though.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Comrade Fakename posted:

Chanel-o-Ween was amazing, but I felt that the girl power speech was the first indicator of Scream Queen's inevitable decent into the Glee-hole.

We didn't even need an indicator of that. The indicator is every other show Ryan Murphy had his hands on. Anybody not boarding this train with a five point safety harness, a fireproof suit, and a helmet in preparation for its violent derailment deserves what happens to them next.

But yeah, that's our first of many red flags for sure. The difference is, I'm prepared enough to let it roll off my shoulders and enjoy the Blondie Belinda Carlisle beatdown on its own warped terms.

:smug:

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Pan Dulce posted:

One can only hope. He sucks all the funny out of his scenes, especially when paired with Grace. But Pete comes out more than once on the opening and does the whole wink-y thing in the coffin at the end, so I'm worried he's NEVER going to leave.

If we're following the Scream playbook, he's gonna be the/a Red Devil and we'll get to cheer extra hard when Skyler Samuels puts a railroad spike through his eye.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
Hey, it's worth mentioning that Ian Brennan co-wrote a zombie apocalypse movie with Leigh Wannell called Cooties, and it stars Elijah Wood, Allison Pill, Rainn Wilson, Jack McBrayer, and Nasim Pedrad as a group of teachers forced to fend off their zombified students. If you're digging Scream Queens for the irreverent humor you should totally rent it; it gets in and out before it can start to grate on you, it's righteously violent, and it's funny as gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
More importantly: How much juice do you think Ryan Murphy has with his friend / Emma Roberts' aunt Julia?

Enough that, say, he could talk her into an under-the-radar cameo as Chanel's mother for the finale?

• Locked thread