Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pikehead
Dec 3, 2006

Looking for WMDs, PM if you have A+ grade stuff
Fun Shoe
I'm impressed with this - I thought it'd be a procedural guy-with-awesome-brain-powers cop thing, but they're making their own way around. People are talking to each other, they meet the elephants in the room head on, and there's a bucketload of character development.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pikehead
Dec 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
And now we're starting to see why Senator Morra is helping Brian.

Pikehead
Dec 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

NowonSA posted:

I expect we'll see him attempt to homebrew some NZT and shots at some point, but right now he's pretty regularly under FBI supervision and Eddie is keeping tabs on him to some degree. Given how smart Eddie is, it's reasonable to assume that he's keeping tabs on Bryan in ways we aren't seeing as well (bugging his apartment, hidden cameras, etc.). Like, we won't know that's the case unless the show reveals it, but would anyone really be surprised if Eddie sprung some hidden camera tapes on Bryan during one of their future meetups?

Also, if he tries to set himself up permanently as an off-the-grid NZT user he knows he's putting his family at risk. The FBI would make their lives a lot more complicated, and for all he knows Eddie would straight up kill them and send a secret hit squad on his heels.

With a show like this I can't imagine we don't at some point see him having access to his own secret stash of pills somehow, but he's going to have to hide those suckers incredibly well.

Eddie (or someone like him) has already cracked his and I think his family's computer - notice the crashing/blackouts when he attempts to google Eddie Morra Senator (or something to do with NZT, can't remember which).

Pikehead
Dec 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
I wonder if Sands is on NZT. I don't think so, but you'd think he would have access to the pills and the shots.

Pikehead
Dec 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

Tortolia posted:

I think it is entirely within the realm of possibility that Morra and Sands are doing a long term good cop/bad cop act with Brian to see how he holds up to extended NZT use and if and when he starts to really change personality wise, or if he is able to resist the temptation after all.

I love how Rebecca and Ike became part of his internal conflict over who to trust, sweaters and all.

And I love how Rebecca now knows that Morra is on NZT. Wonder if she'll figure out who is holding whose strings before Brian realises she knows.

Pikehead
Dec 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
I saw this coming - I thought that eventually brian would work out that morra wasn't a nice guy - but oh what a way to do it. Lol at him insisting his sister call jason ike if things continue.

Also, sands now knows that brian has the burn book. Is this his way of stopping morra, or was it just forgetting he had it after a long night where he got stabbed, etc. They leave it vague as to wether there was a body - was this a setup by someone to get brian the book?
:tinfoil:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pikehead
Dec 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Didn't know that the episode wasn't generally available, sorry

Let's not spend half a season playing footsie. Just turn the dial all the way up to 11 and let rip.

I am going to go insane waiting for next week to see how things play out. I am very impressed by the way plot is being handled - something that would take an episode to play out on another show is done and dusted in 5 minutes on this one.

I am really intrigued by how well handled Senator Morra is being played and written - I didn't know what to expect, but the way he played the revelations about sand worked incredibly well. I'm also really enjoying how much involvement Bradley Cooper has with the series.

Pikehead fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Mar 23, 2016

• Locked thread