Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

MacDougall posted:

Brian is building quite a set of skills.

Elite hacker
Knows at least, what, 10 languages?
Brazilian jiu jitsu blackbelt
Doctor

What am I forgetting?

Amateur paper mache enthusiast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

Tenzarin posted:

This is what was annoying, it could of been anything. Very boring episode. Grown man on smart pills cant handle people talking about murder while working with the FBI to solve crimes.

I didn't like it but it made sense in the context of the story though.

Like the guy with perfect recall and the ability to make connections and see patterns everywhere probably isn't going to want to think too hard about a brutal rape and murder.

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

Pikehead posted:

I saw this coming - I thought that eventually brian would work out that morra wasn't a nice guy - but oh what a way to do it. Lol at him insisting his sister call jason ike if things continue.

Also, sands now knows that brian has the burn book. Is this his way of stopping morra, or was it just forgetting he had it after a long night where he got stabbed, etc. They leave it vague as to wether there was a body - was this a setup by someone to get brian the book?
:tinfoil:

I got the impression from this and last week's episode that Sands is trying to get out from under Morra. He's experienced and he doesn't have NZT so his best bet is to set Brian up, give him the loaded gun and point him towards Morra. It'll explain why he's so lenient with Brian. He ties up the loose ends he has to but he gives him a pass for basically everything else.

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

odiv posted:

How was Piper showing up at the end and magically fixing everything not a hallucination? I kept waiting for Brian's whole world to implode right then and it didn't. I'm still kind of waiting long after the credits are over.

I was expecting that but it hindsight I think that would have been a bit too dark for the show. A lot of the show hinges on Brian's unwavering optimism despite all the horrible things he's seen.

Brian having a happy ending and the lack of a cliffhanger was a really good decision for this season. The side effects of NZT aren't really that crucial to the plot and his relationship with Morra can still continue unchanged.

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007
It was cause they kept blowing the paper mache budget wasn't it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

Sober posted:

Every TV show short of actual premium cable is sold at a loss at an attempt to make a profit. It has been the fact of most of scripted television for decades. I wouldn't say it's necessarily a bad thing but people have been getting better at making commercial art, especially television, in the past decade or so.

I mean think about it, shows like Breaking Bad, Mad Men, Better Call Saul, The Americans, Mr. Robot - those shows are commercial art. They don't seem like it but they are. They are just better at the art part, maybe not so the commercial if you judge it by viewership/ad revenue it brings it/home release sales, etc.

Take Mad Men for instance, that show is a commercial art show ABOUT commercial art. Creatives in the advertising industry literally had have and still having the same dilemma, at a different scale. Are they making art? I mean they do obviously value that part of the creative process but at the same time they are literally making art to sell products or lifestyles or brands to people.

Wasn't Mad Men actually super profitable because despite its relatively low ratings, the audience were a bunch of well of, white and males?

I remember reading a couple of articles about advertisers being happy to pay a premium for product placement and advertising that could target this group of rich wankers.

Why yes I still have my Mad Men tag.

• Locked thread