Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
Any fans of Colin Salmon on this show should check out Aziz Ansari's brilliant new Netflix show Master of None, where he plays a crazy version of himself, as a pretentious, bombastic actor with some unique quirks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Bruceski posted:

I'm not sure I can name any show that had a good pilot. Some of them got up to speed a lot faster than others, but the necessary worldbuilding and new characters just result in massive infodumps.

The Shield
Breaking Bad
Arrested Development
Game of Thrones
The Americans
Walking Dead

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
I scanned the credits for a list of the comic artists, since I thought each chapter was by a different person, but they didn't list the names. I thought I recognized the style of Nick Pitarra (from Image Comics' Manhattan Projects) for one of them.

EDIT: Comic Book Resources had an article about it, and Pitarra was one of them!

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/exclusive-cbs-limitless-enlists-spider-gwen-artist-robbi-rodriguez

Big Bad Voodoo Lou fucked around with this message at 12:27 on Feb 24, 2016

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
I've been watching far too many shows on HBO, FX, and AMC. I was totally expecting that the reunion with Piper and his father, getting the immunity shot, and putting the team together with Rebecca and Boyle would be one big, final NZT-related hallucination, possibly culminating with finding out Sands really killed Rebecca, or he got home to find his family murdered or taken, or finding Piper's body, or Piper betraying him, or Morra showing up to betray him.

I couldn't even believe the ending, making it more subversive than anything I imagined.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
I was also surprised every time they showed Brian referring to smoking pot or showing his bong in his safehouse, or even referencing his crazy musical tastes (metal or hardcore?). He definitely wasn't a traditional CBS-style protagonist, in that even the cute goth lady on NCIS is a patriotic, freedom-loving, church-attending all-American gal.

• Locked thread