Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

you can't take the sky from me
Has anyone ever done an alignment change mechanic where the player is told that a recruitment attempt has been made and they're given a choice whether or not to join? I feel like that's a little balance there, the scum won't know for certain that they'll be successful, someone who turns down recruitment can claim that in thread or lie about it, and I know there have been games where the town has been so awful that I've wished I had the option of switching sides.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

I'd be interested to see a mechanic based on petitioning gods, who would be players outside of the game with boons to grant and alignments/win conditions but no knowledge of who has which role and no ability to post within the thread. They can only influence the outcome of the game by privately granting boons that they are asked for publicly; for instance, one god might get to decide what the order of operations for night actions will be, one might grant a one-shot ability to beg a boon privately instead of needing to ask it in thread, one might give a token that empowers or complicates existing role abilities.

Any thoughts on this?

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

I'm gonna work on the gods setup. It should be far less of a nightmare than the Gossip Girl setup I've been avoiding looking at again.

Anyone care to suggest flavor? Doesn't have to be divine flavored. I'll make it work if I think it's good.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

Asiina posted:

You should co-mod with someone then.

Seems like back in the day every game had at least two mods, why did this change?