Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
I think a single person being able to change their alignment is fine as long as they're made aware of the possibility in advance, but in general I think alignment changes en masse are not likely to be a good idea due to reasons already stated

An example role of one person changing alignments was the Chameleon role I used in Lizards Mafia, wherein Ernie would, upon being targeted by any role, PGO-kill the person who targeted him and steal their role and alignment

I think it worked out pretty well but it's a role that adds quite a bit of swing to a setup for sure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Ernie. posted:

Every time I have switched alignments I have won the game. It's just crazy overpowered because I usually have a somewhat strong town game and end up doing "impossible for scum" moves. Therefore, alignment switches should not be kept secret from town. The op should state 'a theoretical max of 1 alignment switch will happen in this game' that way the town can wifom their way into correct lunches.

Come to think of it, the only time I've seen alignment changing in a game I was in I was scum with the ability to recruit and we won that game when I converted the town doctor as I died so yeah. I wonder what the win% is for scum/cult out of the subset of games that contain alignment changing mechanics

I'd be willing to bet it's really high

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
Vengeful Miller is one of the best roles I've seen recently, that poo poo was awesome

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
pretend you're a jester

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Poison Mushroom posted:

Honestly, I might just make Post Restriction Mafia and make that a PR.

This is a much better (read: awesome) idea.