Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
Hey, I went around looking for a game to dump all of my neurosis on and I'm finding nothing. This thread is confusing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

QuoProQuid posted:

Something similar was done in Chili's Hunger Games Mafia. The game began with vanilla players but spectators could grant roles and abilities to players by donating to charity. The game played out very nicely and it raised a good amount of money.

:hfive:

I was debating running another one of these, but I really do need a book keeper/master of coin type of person.

We raised something like a thousand dollars for charity last time. If anyone would be so bold as to volunteer for such a role I would happily donate 50 bucks to the charity of their choosing.

Edit; poo poo now I really want to run this thing again and am going to be begin writing some stuff. Someone volunteer yo! I'm a swell guy to chat with.

Chili fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Sep 26, 2015

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

Ernie. posted:

What does a master of coin need? A PayPal account and a good sense of organization?

Mostly the latter.

It's pretty straightforward, but yeah there's a fair bit to keep track of.

You wouldn't actually handle any money. Donations are tracked by people forwarding along receipts, people can donate to any charity they like. Once a person shows proof of donation they earn that many dollars to spend in the item shop.

Where it all gets tricky is that people make requests for items to be delivered at strategic times. Honestly, I just need coverage, another person to keep an eye out and someone else to get receipts forwarded to them so there's no confusion. I'd also really like for someone else to set up the spread sheet to optimize it for efficiency cause I doubt I'm very good at that.

Savvy?

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
Awesome. Looks like I got myself a copilot! Game will be for thirteen people and I'll get it off the ground as soon as possible. Everyone, spectators and players alike will have the opportunity to donate/attain powers.

I'll also need three judges, probably the most fun role. Your job as judge is simple, you wait until there's a full player list and then you write a small tidbit on each players survivability in the games and assign them a score 1-12.

If you judge, you can also donate and spectate with everyone else. Judges spots go fast, if you're interested, do not post, please pm me. Judges identities are anonymous for the duration of the game.

If you want to play or judge, shoot me a pm!

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
Hm, well I've had 3 folks sign up to be judges (if you're one of them, you got the spot), but no one else sign to play. May not be able to pull this off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
Gonna call a semi-hiatus on my hunger games thing for now. I'll pick at the items/flavor during the soldiers game and see if I'm happy with it after.