Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Finnish people are always pretty chill and roll with the punches about Finland; I've yet to meet one who gets angry about people making fun of the Finns. Great people to drink with, they don't tend to get rowdy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Also, go to Finland if you wanna get laid.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Bumming Your Scene posted:

Im part Lithuanian. Is that good? ie: No mongolian in them?

Literally everyone in Asia and Europe can trace their lineage directly to Genghis Khan himself

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

etalian posted:

it's more central asia than anything else

Only the most pasty of irishmen can claim they avoided the Mongol influence.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

etalian posted:

finns are bog men

This is true. One of the largest Finnish communities in my area gathers around the shittiest lake for a thousand miles.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Plus the majority of the soldiers sent up to Finland were from the Russian south. The Russian commanders feared that sending the guys who lived near Finland, and actually knew how to fight in the snow, would be too sympathetic to the Finns to trust. So combine gross incompetence from the Russians with unheard of winter tactics and ingenuity, and yeah you end up with a slaughter.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Zzulu posted:

Finland invented the Molotov Cocktail in that war

Nah, they just gave it the nickname. Firebombs like that had been used for hundreds of years, and were especially popular during the Spanish Civil war a few years earlier. However, they became a staple among the Finns due to the poo poo design of the Russian tanks. Firebombs were used to blind the crew; you set the tank on fire and the people inside can't see what they are shooting at. But these terrible tanks would suck in the flames and bad things would happen.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Accretionist posted:

Finland issues all new mothers a, "maternity box," containing snow suits, a sleeping bag, mittens, hat, condoms (never too early), a towel, various bits of clothing and some other odds and ends in addition to the box itself being usable as a kind of crib/baby storage.

FILEPHOTO:

This isn't helping my desire to emigrate.

Not only is this free from the government, but to qualify for it you have to visit the doctor for a checkup, thus causing Finland to have the lowest infant mortality rate in the world.

Accretionist posted:

"A snowy wasteland fill with stolid taciturn drunks," sounds pretty awesome, though.

gently caress I can't wait for winter. This is what a lot of Alberta looks like, and it's beautiful.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

etalian posted:

please don't compare them, at least the finnish wasteland has beautiful women.

Oh don't get me wrong, Alberta is a festering shithole, no denying that. But it has pretty scenery (as long as you are far from the oil)

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Bamford Brownstone posted:

I bet they even had refrigerators in the homes that they fled. loving moocher scumbag pieces of trash.

None of them have open bullet wounds or severed limbs. Obviously the war is exaggerated.

Frostwerks posted:

Look dude if you want to call them niggers just say it and stop being a pussy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Second from right looks like he'd be fun to drink with.

• Locked thread