Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thoughts and prayers
Apr 22, 2013

Love heals all wounds. We hope you continually carry love in your heart. Today and always, may loving memories bring you peace, comfort, and strength. We sympathize with the family of (Name). We shall never forget you in our prayers and thoughts. I am at a loss for words during this sorrowful time.

Samuel posted:

This came across my feed today
http://www.copenhagennews.net/index.php/sid/237344207

Looked more into it and saw some Christian and mostly conservative sites report on it.
http://www.breitbart.com/london/2015/10/05/worlds-first-lesbian-bishop-calls-church-remove-crosses-install-muslim-prayer-space/

Sweden, YES?

Infowars YES

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thoughts and prayers
Apr 22, 2013

Love heals all wounds. We hope you continually carry love in your heart. Today and always, may loving memories bring you peace, comfort, and strength. We sympathize with the family of (Name). We shall never forget you in our prayers and thoughts. I am at a loss for words during this sorrowful time.

Dyna Soar posted:

we're doing the very same. lots of racially motivated attacks here on regugee centers lately. also neofaschists have infiltrated the goverment under banner of the true finns and the press keeps silent because they basically attack everyone who critisizes them

Unlike Swedes who attack anyone who doesn't criticize themselves

PS there have been like 10 refugee centers in southern Sweden set on fire in the last few weeks and it's not making the national news, just like the black churches being burned to the ground in the USA

thoughts and prayers
Apr 22, 2013

Dyna Soar posted:

there was a pretty good writeup about the medias self imposed silence on the rise of nationalism here,

http://suomenkuvalehti.fi/jutut/kotimaa/timo-soini-saa-viela-ministerinakin-pilkata-pasmaroida-ja-nimitella-muita-huippupoliitikkoja/

Thanks, will read

I'm in Stockholm now, and it's amazing how cushy and insulated the lefty bubble is here. They mock SD (for the non-Scandinavians, that's the Swedish Tea Party / Neo Nazi wanna-bes) mercilessly, while seeing them steadily rise to be over 20% of the elected seats in Parliament.

Meanwhile, there are five or six hippy-dippy leftist parties like the Greens and Feminists who are struggling to rise and stay above 3% of the vote. They're all so busy fighting tooth and nail - because they're literally 98% the same except for a few subtle differences - and it takes 4% of the vote to win seats. They're literally doing the leftist correctness firing squad while a huge number of people are incredibly pissed that entire cities are now 80% Iraqi or Syrian, who throw rocks at police and firefighters, and getting far higher benefits than people who have been taxed by the system their entire life.

Meanwhile, immigration here is basically staffed by old Communists who hate the idea of educated, brilliant doctors entering the country. I mean, I know of an Iranian surgeon who was denied citizenship because his employer filed the final set of paperwork two days late, and the only reply was 'whelp, you didn't obey procedure, good luck in two more years'. This while the place has a serious shortage of surgeons.

Meanwhile, if you lived here before, left to join ISIL and now regret it and want to come back, you're considered a poor psychologically damaged soul and welcomed home with open arms.

I feel like the old uncle who's Seen poo poo who's watching some good-natured kids about to drive their comfy suburban car off a cliff. It's simultaneously fascinating and horrifying.

thoughts and prayers
Apr 22, 2013

Dave Concepcion posted:

(for the uninitiated it's a book about the true nature of the swede)

The true nature of the Swede is shyness, passive aggressiveness, and alcohol

That's why I like living here so much

thoughts and prayers
Apr 22, 2013

Free Market Mambo posted:

Winter births, while difficult, are a source of great pride for the Finn.

That guy's Norwegian

thoughts and prayers
Apr 22, 2013

Reminds me of the children of asian or persian immigrants in Sweden who - despite being born here and lived here their entire lives - can't talk to an older Swede without being spoken to in English.* Because, you know, there's no *way* they're Swedish.

*even better, even after saying 'I was born here, I'm native', the old condescending rear end in a top hat still speaks English. Because, well, 'I'm trying to help'.

thoughts and prayers
Apr 22, 2013

Last night in Stockholm I used a joke from this thread with Swedish friends

The one about Syrian immigrants leaving because they were dying inside
'but that meant they were adapting to the Finnish culture'

biggest laugh of the night

Thank you bog people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thoughts and prayers
Apr 22, 2013

How can you tell a Finn is an extrovert?

When he talks to you he looks at *your* shoes.

• Locked thread