Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EB Nulshit
Apr 12, 2014

It was more disappointing (and surprising) when I found that even most of Manhattan isn't like Times Square.

Some artists have 9-5 jobs working on video games, movies, and in some other industries, if I understand right. How do they get jobs?

I know that for software developers, hiring someone only to discover they can't write code sucks a lot, so there are stressful in-person interviews where you write code in front of people, and take-home assignments by some companies where you build a thing they ask for and show it to them as proof you can code. This seems to me like demanding that artists create a new piece of work for you or come in and paint in front of you for six hours to prove they know what they're doing. Are artists just more honest? I.e., are they less likely to steal other artists' work for their portfolio to help them get jobs? Because "here, look at this portfolio of code I wrote" isn't a popular way of getting a job as a coder, AFAIK.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread