Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

mine is a tie between Mission 43 of MGSV (deep brutal emotional pain coupled with heavily violent imagery) and every mortal kombat fatality (some of the grossest and most gratuitous violence I've seen in a video game). sound off in the comments below.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Seeing the mole die in banjo tooie as a young child. hosed up how he staggers out and dies of his burns

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

When my king died and I was placed into a personal union under France.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Pewdiepie posted:

Oof.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
lavitz dying

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
Jumped out of moving car on Mother Base and it ran over D Dog as puppy

starbarry clock
Apr 23, 2012

king of teh portal

at least you get a prince albert after

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

The beached whales in Life is Strange

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

When I was playing Arkham Knight on PC and the epic scene where you summon the batmobile for the first time started playing, and the camera zoomed dramatically into the batmobile wheel with blurry Minecraft textures.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Pewdiepie posted:

Yikes

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
Ending D of Nier

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ending deez nuts

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

In Training posted:

Ending deez nuts

lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ending D of Nier is actually the most objectively upsetting because it carries a loss of real world data with seeing it.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

In Training posted:

Ending D of Nier is actually the most objectively upsetting because it carries a loss of real world data with seeing it.

i got a softlock in danganronpa 2 the other day and lost 10 minutes of progress, havent turned it back on since

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Steel Battalion deleting my save because I forgot to eject before dying

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Eternal Darkness when the insanity effects made it look like it was resetting the console or deleting the saves

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I should play Eternal Darkness, I never got to when I was younger and I always wanted to. I thought the ads made it look so sick

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

In Training posted:

I should play Eternal Darkness, I never got to when I was younger and I always wanted to. I thought the ads made it look so sick

i don't know if it still holds up today in terms of gamepaly. anybody play it recently?

Structurally i remember it being short episodes where they keep changing what character you use but the first 10 minutes of each character was the same sequence of discovering magic spells or whatever and i wished they had made the best characters' parts longer instead of chopping up the game so much.

was fun to beat in 2000 though.

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014

SunAndSpring posted:

Ending D of Nier

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

drowning in super mario 64

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

no child needs to see super mario flail as water floods his lungs, then go limp

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Soldier of Fortune where the guys try to stuff their guts back in.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

getting impaled rear end-first on a spike in The Lost Vikings

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

cutting off a live frog's leg in order to make a witch's brew in Puggsy

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Real hurthling! posted:

i don't know if it still holds up today in terms of gamepaly. anybody play it recently?

Structurally i remember it being short episodes where they keep changing what character you use but the first 10 minutes of each character was the same sequence of discovering magic spells or whatever and i wished they had made the best characters' parts longer instead of chopping up the game so much.

if you like lovecraft, youll like eternal darkness. the gameplay wasnt great, but it was serviceable and the different playstyles for the different characters were neat

Soral
May 30, 2009

paz being operated on in ground zeroes

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Watching Chloe get brutally executed in a junkyard in Life is Strange

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Soral posted:

That was pretty rough definitely.

Adlai Stevenson
Mar 4, 2010

Making me ashamed to feel the way that I do
Tree-through-the-neck from the river sequence in Tomb Raider '13

Some of the deaths from the SNES Clock Tower, like the elevator peek-a-boo or the starving man

Most of Soul Nomad and the World Eaters' demon path

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
Most of the deaths in tomb raider

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
accidentally and brutally curb stomping a man in gta v was pretty hosed up

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

When Galuf gets replaced with that little girl who is looking at the player instead of looking toward the enemies like all the other characters do.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Soral posted:

This was hosed

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Every day when I check Kickstarter and the Prostitute Farm project has yet to be launched.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
the wedding in sleeping dogs was very shocking to me

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Seeing Illidan drop his Warglaive, Get a 97 on my Need Roll....and the substitute rolls 98. :qqsay:

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
it hasnt happened yet but I'll be pretty upset when I see the 100% notification in MGSV

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
Watching Meryl get sniped when I was 8 yeard old

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Real hurthling! posted:

the game actually had to be chopped up to poo poo because a big chunk of it was gonna take place in the middle east and 9/11 happened mid-development lol

• Locked thread