Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Mercrom posted:

that part where the bad thing happens to that woman in that video game

Yeah, SA-X is a terrifying monster in Fusion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

In Training posted:

Yeah, SA-X is a terrifying monster in Fusion.
I can't believe Nintendo would allow so much SA-X and violence in a game.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

zelgadis posted:

I haven't played it since it came out but the red zombies or whatever in REmake that run at you would make my whole body tense up.

Also the wrecked ship in super metroid... The ghosts of the passengers appearing the way they do.
Oh yeah the Crimson Heads, those things were hosed

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
you know that little monster in the very first room of alone in the dark

the one that pops in through the window if you wait too long (also you can block the window with the bookshelf)

freaked me the h*ck out man

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
regenerators in re4 were pretty scary

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
having to kill the dogs in wolfenstein 3D

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
The waterwraith in Pikmin 2.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Austrian mook posted:

The waterwraith in Pikmin 2.

The sound of 80 non blue Pikmin drowning at once makes me cry

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!
How about the sound of 100 lemmings each splattering against the floor after a drop one pixel too high?

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

NickRoweFillea posted:

i just went nuts on one with the Striker and killed it after 50+ shots

re2 scared the gently caress out of me by putting zombies in a loading door at one point

well HECK Phil
Feb 25, 2010
Toilet Rascal

quote:

most upsetting thing you've seen in a game?

"Now connected to EA servers."

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

SeXReX posted:

having to kill the dogs in wolfenstein 3D

I get real mad whenever a game makes me kill dogs. Who likes blowing a hole in a dog's dome. Who enjoys that.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Gordito posted:

"Now connected to EA servers."

Haha. Nice dude.

HalfHazard
Mar 29, 2010

NickRoweFillea posted:

This, and the first time I got caught by Dr. Salvador and he lopped Leon's head off with his chainsaw

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
For real though, I got extremely upset at how racist far cry 3 was

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
not gonna lie, the fight with Claus in Mother 3 really hit me

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
That's a really Games way to spoiler something, you human being.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Pungry posted:

glad u specified what you were talking about so i didnt accidentally majorly sopoil my self on a game i havent played yet -.-

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Pungry posted:

thank u for triger warning any kind of violents and conflickt. you dumb rear end

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

WeaponGradeSadness posted:

I get real mad whenever a game makes me kill dogs. Who likes blowing a hole in a dog's dome. Who enjoys that.

I do because its just a dog and probably trying to kill you, so that dog must die, it is the way of things.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

Pungry posted:

gently caress you

Yechezkel
Oct 5, 2004

Fun Shoe
The graphical corruption fakeout in Batman: Arkham Asylum on my fat PS3, back when a bunch of fat PS3s were breaking down left and right.

I thought my PS3 was busted before I realized what happened. :mad: It took a while to calm down after that.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

no they will not posted:

oh i forgot FFT. I change the MGS3 part of my post to that

the epilogue qq

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
breath of fire 4 was very miserable .. TBH, it plays just like a standard RPG, but i liked it a lot. i really hate the other breath of fire games though , dragon quarter obviously excepted.

starbarry clock
Apr 23, 2012

king of teh portal

I.N.R.I posted:

breath of fire 4 was very miserable .. TBH, it plays just like a standard RPG, but i liked it a lot. i really hate the other breath of fire games though , dragon quarter obviously excepted.

whats wrong with bof 3

Flying Squirrel
Oct 24, 2007
Thanks, Zombie Lincoln

Pungry posted:

Not only that, but the whole ending sequence of Mother 3 is rough. Your dad comes in, sees that his other son is actually dead, and sobbing tells you not to hold it against Claus cause he was just hasty, and that you should pull the last needle, but like, it's obvious that he wants you to pull it to end everything so you can catch up to your hasty brother. Then you do and the world is destroyed and it says The End. I actually turned the game off then, and went to bed, and it was like, drat.

There was an interview with Itoi about the ending that I read later where he was all something like, "Yeah, I imagine there will be two types of people, those that see "The End" and turn it off, or those who will have hope and keep trying to go on to make it to morning" and it's like, welp, I guess I know which type I am now.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Flying Squirrel posted:

Not only that, but the whole ending sequence of Mother 3 is rough. Your dad comes in, sees that his other son is actually dead, and sobbing tells you not to hold it against Claus cause he was just hasty, and that you should pull the last needle, but like, it's obvious that he wants you to pull it to end everything so you can catch up to your hasty brother. Then you do and the world is destroyed and it says The End. I actually turned the game off then, and went to bed, and it was like, drat.

There was an interview with Itoi about the ending that I read later where he was all something like, "Yeah, I imagine there will be two types of people, those that see "The End" and turn it off, or those who will have hope and keep trying to go on to make it to morning" and it's like, welp, I guess I know which type I am now.
AERIS DIES! AERIS DIES! AERIS DIES! AERIS DIES! AERIS DIES! AERIS DIES! AERIS DIES! AERIS DIES! AERIS DIES! AERIS DIES! AERIS DIES! AERIS DIES! AERIS DIES! AERIS DIES! AERIS DIES! AERIS DIES! AERIS DIES! AERIS DIES! AERIS DIES! AERIS DIES! AERIS DIES! AERIS DIES! AERIS DIES! AERIS DIES! AERIS DIES!

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Pablo Gigante posted:

AERIS DIES! AERIS DIES! AERIS DIES! AERIS DIES! AERIS DIES! AERIS DIES! AERIS DIES! AERIS DIES! AERIS DIES! AERIS DIES! AERIS DIES! AERIS DIES! AERIS DIES! AERIS DIES! AERIS DIES! AERIS DIES! AERIS DIES! AERIS DIES! AERIS DIES! AERIS DIES! AERIS DIES! AERIS DIES! AERIS DIES! AERIS DIES! AERIS DIES!
But I just unlocked her last limit break...

Flying Squirrel
Oct 24, 2007
Thanks, Zombie Lincoln

FactsAreUseless posted:

But I just unlocked her last limit break...

Nah, that's cool, now you won't have to waste time unlocking it when you bring her back to life

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
having most of my all-star XCOM squad get murked one after another is probably my most upsetting gaming memory

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010
finding out samus aran was just a male power fantasy at the end of Metroid... brutal

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

HolePisser1982 posted:

having most of my all-star XCOM squad get murked one after another is probably my most upsetting gaming memory

I'm pretty sure I have Gaming PTSD after having my A-Team advance on a crashed UFO after eliminating the aliens outside the ship, all slowly grouping together to cover each other through the entrance, only for a whole squad of mutons to suddenly bust through the front door and massacre my whole team in like two turns.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
It rules when one person survives.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

ICARUS HAS FOUND YOU!!!!!
>ICARUS HAS FOUND YOU!!!!!
>>ICARUS HAS FOUND YOU!!!!!
>>>ICARUS HAS FOUND YOU!!!!!
>>>>ICARUS HAS FOUND YOU!!!!!
>>>>>ICARUS HAS FOUND YOU!!!!!
>>>>>>ICARUS HAS FOUND YOU!!!!!
>>>>>>>ICARUS HAS FOUND YOU!!!!!
>>>>>>>>ICARUS HAS FOUND YOU!!!!!
>>>>>>>>>ICARUS HAS FOUND YOU!!!!!
>>>>>>>>>RUN WHILE YOU CAN!!!!!!!!!!!
>>>>>>>>RUN WHILE YOU CAN!!!!!!!!!!!
>>>>>>>RUN WHILE YOU CAN!!!!!!!!!!!
>>>>>>RUN WHILE YOU CAN!!!!!!!!!!!
>>>>>RUN WHILE YOU CAN!!!!!!!!!!!
>>>>RUN WHILE YOU CAN!!!!!!!!!!!
>>>RUN WHILE YOU CAN!!!!!!!!!!!
>>RUN WHILE YOU CAN!!!!!!!!!!!
>RUN WHILE YOU CAN!!!!!!!!!!!
RUN WHILE YOU CAN!!!!!!!!!!!

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

Sinistar's screaming:

http://whoopis.com/misc/sinistar-sounds/aargh.wav

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

cubone's pokedex

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

on a related note, original lavender town music

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

Also Yamask

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

HolePisser1982 posted:

there was this webm of the church scene from kingsmen that had xcom graphics overlaid with it, and i truly wish i could find it to show you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

well HECK Phil
Feb 25, 2010
Toilet Rascal
Action games with obligatory stealth mission.

• Locked thread