Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

Rolled a 1 on the random encounter table, didn't you?

gradenko_2000 posted:

I picked up RPPR at first because I was curious about Iron Heroes, and you seemed to be the only guys that made a game about that.

I kept listening because the production values/sound quality is great, the players are great at characterization and banter, and you all seem to make the games flow really well regardless of system.

The Double Hamlet and the incredibly well drawn-out plan to bomb the Red Emperors still stand out to me.

That campaign never got the love of some of our bigger ones like New World or Know Evil, but I enjoyed running it. I need to run another fantasy game where there is no magic class for PCs, or close to it.

I appreciate that our audio quality is okay - sometimes I get feedback or reviews on iTunes where people complain it's crap. I don't edit out the uhhs or other verbal tics in speech, which some podcasts do. Too much work for me, of course. It's hard figuring out the right balance between production and post production work. If I spent too much time polishing our APs, I would get burned out real quick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crash2455
Jul 22, 2010

mcclay posted:

The Drunk and the Ugly are great. I'd personally suggest their Ms. Frieda's campaign (ORE-Monsters and Other Childish Things) and Prominence, SC (ORE-Wild Talents.) Be warned, while both are lengthy Ms. Fireda's is loving massive at about 95-ish episodes. Well worth it in my opinion but it may not be for some.

Hey, thanks for listening! Always glad to see that someone out there is actually following the show.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

I've been on a bit of a Star Wars kick lately, so I started listening Campaign (which focuses on an Edge of the Empire game). It's pretty great. The players are improvisers (or some of them are, at least), so they're great with the characterisation and there's a lot of humorous banter. One guy plays an ex-clone trooper, so he does the 'clone voice' and I both love and hate it in equal measure.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
I'm subscribed to D&D Is For Nerds

The group is pretty hilariously amoral and incompetent, while having good chemistry with each other.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

crash2455 posted:

Hey, thanks for listening! Always glad to see that someone out there is actually following the show.

I quite enjoyed your Eclipse Phase The Thunder and the Whirlwind. In particular all the effort to write up a last week's synopsis at the beginning. :) Read the poem because of it.

Also the Star Wars Ends of Empire was fun for the 8+ episodes I was able to listen to.

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009

clockworkjoe posted:

That campaign never got the love of some of our bigger ones like New World or Know Evil, but I enjoyed running it. I need to run another fantasy game where there is no magic class for PCs, or close to it.

I appreciate that our audio quality is okay - sometimes I get feedback or reviews on iTunes where people complain it's crap. I don't edit out the uhhs or other verbal tics in speech, which some podcasts do. Too much work for me, of course. It's hard figuring out the right balance between production and post production work. If I spent too much time polishing our APs, I would get burned out real quick.

I really liked most of Iron Heroes, especially the company stuff you brought in from Reign, but even with the extra twists IH brings to the table D&D combat gets a little tedious to listen to so it doesn't quite reach the heights of things like Know Evil for me.

And FWIW, the only point I ever found tics irritating was early Aaron, and that hasn't been an issue in ages. Besides, he brings so many beautiful things to the table. So I'd rather get them raw and regular, myself. :)

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

malkav11 posted:

I really liked most of Iron Heroes, especially the company stuff you brought in from Reign, but even with the extra twists IH brings to the table D&D combat gets a little tedious to listen to so it doesn't quite reach the heights of things like Know Evil for me.

There was a part during the desert chapter where they spent what must have been 10 minutes of real-time trying to resolve a 3.5e Bull Rush.

Which, yeah, gets annoying if you're just in it for the plot, but I think leaving all that stuff in reflects well as far as showing people how the system actually plays.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

gradenko_2000 posted:

The Double Hamlet and the incredibly well drawn-out plan to bomb the Red Emperors still stand out to me.

Both of these deserve their own infographic made Ross :neckbeard:

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

clockworkjoe posted:

I also recently found out about a youtube AP series called Thrilling Intent
They put a ton of production value into their videos, with the music and art and whatnot.
Is it all one pathfinder campaign or many smaller campaigns? Can't tell from the descriptions or pics.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

gradenko_2000 posted:

Grey Hunter also did an Actual Play of RoleMaster, which seems stunningly apt for a guy that played War in the Pacific one day at a time.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OiTOy3IqhLY

Kestral
Nov 24, 2000

Forum Veteran
Do any of these podcasts have groups (or individual runs of games) who focus heavily on characterization and dialogue and less on procedural action, take the games they're playing at least somewhat seriously, and don't play some variant of D&D? Heck, I'll even take two out of three. A tall order I know, but I'm spoiled by the Jank Cast, Roll20 Presents Apocalypse World and, to a lesser extent, RollPlay's Swan Song and Mirrorshades, who all play in that vein.

Edit: A good litmus test for what I'm looking for is if a significant portion of the session's running time is taken up with in-character dialogue that isn't being played for laughs. Contrast with something like RPPR's Lover in the Ice. It's a great Delta Green AP with fast-paced procedural scenes ("gather clues --> confront eldritch horror --> destroy it and / or go insane"). But the characters have essentially no personalities to speak of, and the pace of the game is so quick and the narration by players and the GM is so sparse that it never gets a chance to develop much atmosphere. Still a good listen, just not what I'm looking for on a regular basis.

Since I mentioned them, here's another for the list --

The Jank Cast: A game design and gaming communities podcast that occasionally does excellent Actual Plays of indie / storygames like Apocalypse World, Monsterhearts, and Lady Blackbird. They play at a sedate pace that lets them linger on scenes and dialogue, and they take the fiction seriously and don't joke around much; their games tend to be emotionally charged character-driven interpersonal dramas as a result. Especially recommended: Leviathan, an Apocalypse World game set on decaying airship trying to keep its freedom from an empire emerging from the ruins of the old world, and the follow-up campaign Black Diamond set ten years later.

Kestral fucked around with this message at 08:15 on Oct 13, 2015

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Roach Warehouse posted:

I've been on a bit of a Star Wars kick lately, so I started listening Campaign (which focuses on an Edge of the Empire game). It's pretty great. The players are improvisers (or some of them are, at least), so they're great with the characterisation and there's a lot of humorous banter. One guy plays an ex-clone trooper, so he does the 'clone voice' and I both love and hate it in equal measure.

It took a few episodes but now I find it to be an absolute necessity.

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009

Kestral posted:

Do any of these podcasts have groups (or individual runs of games) who focus heavily on characterization and dialogue and less on procedural action, take the games they're playing at least somewhat seriously, and don't play some variant of D&D? Heck, I'll even take two out of three. A tall order I know, but I'm spoiled by the Jank Cast, Roll20 Presents Apocalypse World and, to a lesser extent, RollPlay's Swan Song and Mirrorshades, who all play in that vein.

Edit: A good litmus test for what I'm looking for is if a significant portion of the session's running time is taken up with in-character dialogue that isn't being played for laughs. Contrast with something like RPPR's Lover in the Ice. It's a great Delta Green AP with fast-paced procedural scenes ("gather clues --> confront eldritch horror --> destroy it and / or go insane"). But the characters have essentially no personalities to speak of, and the pace of the game is so quick and the narration by players and the GM is so sparse that it never gets a chance to develop much atmosphere. Still a good listen, just not what I'm looking for on a regular basis.

You'd probably like The Walking Eye (who were the ones who originally turned me on to the Jank Cast). And for what it's worth, One Shot is definitely played for laughs (the cast regulars and many of their guests come from an improv comedy background), but they do quite a bit of characterization and dialogue in most of their sessions, and while they've revisited D&D a couple of times, they take on plenty of other systems as well, including at least one system the host himself designed.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Kestral posted:

Highly recommend you check out Knights of the Night.

Dresden Files (all): http://kotnpodcast.blogspot.com/p/dresden-rpg.html

New World of Darkness (poo poo Luck is my only recommendation): http://kotnpodcast.blogspot.com/p/pods-by-campaign.html

There was a lot of character development and conversations in the Drunk and the Ugly's Star Wars Ends of Empire game too.

http://drunkandugly.com/category/star-wars/

Try Know Evil from RPPR too. Also it's really more of an audiodrama but look into the Gamerstable actual play podcasts I posted earlier.

Helical Nightmares fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Oct 14, 2015

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

Something about this feels kinda hinky
LP supergroup The Men Drinkin' Coffee have started a new Actual Play video series called Men Quaffing Elixirs: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLmkjEUJHDFaroqxKmzc_kKveCcqPdMs_m

They're using FATE Accelerated to play a typical D&D adventure in a typical D&D world, as conceived of by three players who have never played an RPG before and clearly have no interest in doing it now. It still works somehow, but go into it expecting a lot of giving wedgies to nerdy nobles and little to no invoking aspects.

mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn
Soiled Meat

crash2455 posted:

Oh man, I really love your guys's stuff. Who are you in the D&U cast?

crash2455
Jul 22, 2010

mcclay posted:

Oh man, I really love your guys's stuff. Who are you in the D&U cast?

I'm Matt. I think a few more of us have accounts on SA but haven't been active for a while.

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

Kestral posted:

Since I mentioned them, here's another for the list --

The Jank Cast: A game design and gaming communities podcast that occasionally does excellent Actual Plays of indie / storygames like Apocalypse World, Monsterhearts, and Lady Blackbird. They play at a sedate pace that lets them linger on scenes and dialogue, and they take the fiction seriously and don't joke around much; their games tend to be emotionally charged character-driven interpersonal dramas as a result. Especially recommended: Leviathan, an Apocalypse World game set on decaying airship trying to keep its freedom from an empire emerging from the ruins of the old world, and the follow-up campaign Black Diamond set ten years later.

I see what you mean - we tend to focus on procedural oriented games. Hopefully we will try out Hillfolk/Drama System sometime soon and break that trend. However, I think this one shot had pretty good role playing, if a bit light hearted: http://actualplay.roleplayingpublicradio.com/2015/07/genre/mystery-genre/trail-of-cthulhu-the-mystery-of-brighton-lodge/

mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn
Soiled Meat

crash2455 posted:

I'm Matt. I think a few more of us have accounts on SA but haven't been active for a while.

Oh man, you, Nate, Manda, Sam and Charlie are my favorites. I really liked Scott in Frieda's and The Wraith from Prominence.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

General Ironicus posted:

LP supergroup The Men Drinkin' Coffee have started a new Actual Play video series called Men Quaffing Elixirs: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLmkjEUJHDFaroqxKmzc_kKveCcqPdMs_m

They're using FATE Accelerated to play a typical D&D adventure in a typical D&D world, as conceived of by three players who have never played an RPG before and clearly have no interest in doing it now. It still works somehow, but go into it expecting a lot of giving wedgies to nerdy nobles and little to no invoking aspects.

Oh man, you have made my day in all sorts of ways. Love that Coffee Content.

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

Our latest AP features a written trigger warning in the show notes, because it's a Delta Green game and it deals with very dark topics: http://actualplay.roleplayingpublicradio.com/2015/10/systems/call-of-cthulhu/delta-green/delta-green-gods-teeth-go-forth-episode-1/

Some listeners have already complained about it on the site and on reddit. What are your thoughts towards such warnings?

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
They need to be brief and to the point. The current one is too verbose.

'Mature audiences advised. References to [minor] abuse."

You may not even need the second sentence.

Those are my thoughts from the perspective of having yet to listen to the episode and just reading the comments.

Edit: not preechy. As much as I like you guys the "additional FINE products" did make me roll my eyes more than a little and I have no shame shilling your products like a fanatic. :D Def remove "in addition to supernatural horror" because anyone who knows cthulhu knows what they are getting into.

Or Mature Audences Advised. References to darker actions of human nature. Instead of the words "trigger warning."

Helical Nightmares fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Oct 16, 2015

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Yea I'd say go with mature audiences advised and then for why because the kind of hyper-reactionary manbaby who bitches about 'trigger warnings' is usually too dumb to know that 'viewer discretion advised' and all is the exact same concept.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Yea I'd say go with mature audiences advised and then for why because the kind of hyper-reactionary manbaby who bitches about 'trigger warnings' is usually too dumb to know that 'viewer discretion advised' and all is the exact same concept.

I was considering saying that "Trigger Warning" carries a political connotation but Tatum gave an explanation.

crash2455
Jul 22, 2010

mcclay posted:

Oh man, you, Nate, Manda, Sam and Charlie are my favorites. I really liked Scott in Frieda's and The Wraith from Prominence.

Hey, I'm glad you enjoy the show. If you want to throw us questions or comments or suggestions or critiques we have a bunch of channels available and a link to an anonymous suggestion box on the page and on our forums.

Sionak
Dec 20, 2005

Mind flay the gap.
I haven't listened to the new episode, but I think it's good to have the trigger warning, especially considering how some light-hearted some of the other RPPR podcasts are at times.

If I went from, say, the "Play's the Thing" with Macbeth... to Lover in the Ice, I would be completely shocked by the change in tone. Even within the genre of Lovecraftian horror, "Shanghaied" is pretty funny and not nearly as "real" with its horror elements.

After all, each new podcast you put up may be the first contact someone has with the podcast. So I think it's worth noting when it's not always this dark or grounded in real-world horror.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Trigger warnings are a good thing. I'm almost done with the episode and I applaud you for using one, I'm glad I had the warning going in.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Trigger warnings get a bad rep, but they are pretty useful. It makes it easier to avoid content someone is simply not interested in and softens the blow when things suddenly and uncharacteristically get too real.

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009

Sionak posted:

I haven't listened to the new episode, but I think it's good to have the trigger warning, especially considering how some light-hearted some of the other RPPR podcasts are at times.

If I went from, say, the "Play's the Thing" with Macbeth... to Lover in the Ice, I would be completely shocked by the change in tone. Even within the genre of Lovecraftian horror, "Shanghaied" is pretty funny and not nearly as "real" with its horror elements.

After all, each new podcast you put up may be the first contact someone has with the podcast. So I think it's worth noting when it's not always this dark or grounded in real-world horror.

Hell, Lover in the Ice, while genuinely horrifying, is still playing with kid gloves compared to Go Forth.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
For what it's worth I wouldn't have seen the warning at all if you hadn't mentioned it, although that's probably as much a fault of PocketCast as anything else.

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

gradenko_2000 posted:

For what it's worth I wouldn't have seen the warning at all if you hadn't mentioned it, although that's probably as much a fault of PocketCast as anything else.

Ah, good point. Next time we should mention it at the start of the podcast too.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

malkav11 posted:

Hell, Lover in the Ice, while genuinely horrifying, is still playing with kid gloves compared to Go Forth.

Really? I felt that lover in the ice and the jungle episode were far more... graphic than Go Forth. Justified to say, "hey, this is pretty dark", but not nearly as graphic as the other two.

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009

sullat posted:

Really? I felt that lover in the ice and the jungle episode were far more... graphic than Go Forth. Justified to say, "hey, this is pretty dark", but not nearly as graphic as the other two.

Lover in the Ice is graphic, sure, but that's not the only thing that makes horror. It's IMHO significantly less disturbing than Go Forth and of course the horror in the prequel adventure is somewhat undercut by the Hunter S. Thompson gonzo antics. (As much as I loved them.) Ultimately, Lover's an investigation that rolls into a monster hunt. The monster is original and hosed up, but it still falls into the category of "a thing you can find and kill and thus solve the situation". Go Forth is about deliberate multiple homicide on one woman's say so and going in almost completely blind (folder or no). And then whole new levels of hosed up enter the picture. (Trying not to go into details because it's new enough I'm sure many people haven't had time to listen.)

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

clockworkjoe posted:

Ah, good point. Next time we should mention it at the start of the podcast too.

Caleb did mention the warning at the beginning of the podcast :)

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

Helical Nightmares posted:

Caleb did mention the warning at the beginning of the podcast :)

Derp. Well, part 2 will go up on the RPPR Patreon tomorrow and then on the main feed on Tuesday.

Also, campaigns: there are fewer comments in general on campaign episodes than one shots, especially later ones, which makes sense. Not everyone is going to listen to the entire campaign. It seems a lot of listeners pick campaigns for systems/settings they want to learn about - Eclipse Phase, for example, or 4E D&D (back right when it came out). Do you listen to one episode or two before you decide to follow a campaign? What causes you to drop it off, other than real life/got too busy/lost track of it and don't want to re-listen?

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
I usually end up dropping a campaign if I don't get or like the system's mechanics. I had to stop Tribes of Tokyo after the second episode because it was the first GUMSHOE I listened to and I was unfamiliar enough with the system that the AP just sounded like "stuff happens" since I couldn't follow the mechanics all that well.

I think I started listening to CoC episodes, then from there Trail episodes, and by the time I listened to all of the Trail ones I was familiar enough with how GUMSHOE worked (including having picked up the book by that time on the strength of the podcast) that I could go back to NBA and follow along.

For an example of a system I didn't like, I couldn't even finish one episode of the giant's colossus continent Dungeon World game. I knew how the game was supposed to be played, but it just felt too loosey-goosey for my taste.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

clockworkjoe posted:

For those of you listeners out there - what draws you to an AP podcast? Is the genre or system first or something else? What keeps you listening?

It's been a while so my memory isn't exact. I believe I was looking for Call of Cthulhu modern podcasts, specifically Delta Green when I stumbled across RPPR. Other than the podcasts on Unspeakable Oath (some of which are you guys as well, of course) I think RPPR has cornered the market on Delta Green podcasts.

Previous to RPPR I had tried a smattering of Skype of Cthulhu podcasts.

From there I tried some of the D&D 4e podcasts, got confused and finished the beginning 10 before I got bored of fantasy and was looking for more scifi. Then I discovered that you were running Eclipse Phase, which I had never played. I listened to the Eclipse Phase and Call of Cthulhu podcasts alternately (chronologically). I think I was already a regular listener at that point before I got to Know Evil.

So for me, genre is king for the initial grab. I had a bias against Superhero games (and comics) in general before I listened to your Heroes of New Arcadia series. You guys sold me on them.

I really don't care about the system (except I don't like Fiasco games for some reason) I am more into the creativity and camaraderie of the talent on the podcast. That's what keeps me listening.

clockworkjoe posted:

Also, campaigns: there are fewer comments in general on campaign episodes than one shots, especially later ones, which makes sense. Not everyone is going to listen to the entire campaign. It seems a lot of listeners pick campaigns for systems/settings they want to learn about - Eclipse Phase, for example, or 4E D&D (back right when it came out). Do you listen to one episode or two before you decide to follow a campaign? What causes you to drop it off, other than real life/got too busy/lost track of it and don't want to re-listen?

Despite being verbose on the comment page of your actual plays, I try not to comment unless I have something interesting to say. For long running campaigns I've made most of the comments I can think of at the beginning so I generally have less comments towards the end.

I guess I usually listen to two episodes before I decide to follow a campaign. Other than the 4ed New World podcast, I think I've listened to all of the RPPR campaigns fully. The things that will make me drop a campaign are: a guy doing a female falsetto (poorly), voice/audio quality issues, lack of a narrative resolution/bad story, players audibly not being engaged with the story (talking/doing something else. This is really more in the audio category for me), GM's completely full of themselves they drag hours on detail and don't get to the plot (RPPR has never done this).

For example Ross, I know you have Tom have talked about the Night's Black Agents campaign. Tom mentioned his master sniper/forger/18 year old was a character he just couldn't get into and consequently he didn't feel that engaged. Even though I could hear Tom's lack of enthusiasm vs playing a octopus, this didn't bother me in the slightest because the RPPR team has great chemistry. I loved the narrative story of Night's Black Agents and all the characters even though I really don't like the Preparedness mechanic or the GUMSHOE system at all.

Similarly No Soul Left Behind is awesome to listen to but I would never run the system.

Regarding men doing female character voices, I recently listened to Rollplay's Swansong Episode 10 where two dudes were impersonating (or trying to) Southern ladies. It was goddamn hilarious. Some people just impersonate a voice badly and it drives me up a wall to the point I skip their dialogue and eventually skip episodes with that player.

I'm not into fantasy with D&D's fight mechanics that are long and boring to listen to right now, so I haven't picked up The New World again.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Update

Want more Pendragon?

YakOnFir posted:

http://esoteric-rp.blogspot.ie/

Here one that's gotten pretty far along

The Esoteric Order of Roleplayers have been playing a Pendragon campaign since 2013 and it is currently ongoing. They have also played Deadlands: Reloaded and Call of Cthulhu.

Additional Pendragon Resources here: http://esoteric-rp.blogspot.com/p/pendragon-resources.html

----

Grey Hunter has a youtube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=user?greyhunterlp

----

RPPR's new Delta Green series God's Teeth has a chilling and fantastic start.

Go Forth: http://actualplay.roleplayingpublicradio.com/2015/10/systems/call-of-cthulhu/delta-green/delta-green-gods-teeth-go-forth-episode-1/

Helical Nightmares fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Oct 19, 2015

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
The first RPG AP podcast that I listened to, which was actually long before I played TRPGs or knew about them as games, was Crit Juice, which was a 4th Ed D&D campaign by professional voice actors and comedians whose schtick was that they'd all take a drink whenever someone crit or used an Action Point. This must have been way back in 2012.

I think I was in for maybe a dozen episodes, and I even able to mostly follow along even if I'd never read a rulebook. I especially thought the Sorcerer class was cool what with a Chaos Bolt that did a different thing whether the die roll was even or odd, and I got hooked when, during a fight inside a building, the Sorcerer hurt a sniper that was in the rafters by shooting the ceiling to cause it to collapse and the DM had a way to arbitrate that. At the time I thought that was incredible as it was something that could never happen in a computer game.

I dropped off because the plot had developed to the point where they had a Princess NPC tagging along with them and the players were competing for Favor Points or Romance Points for the Princess, which didn't sit well with me, and there was this interlude at some tavern where they were drinking with a mob boss and they were trying to get some information out of him (my memory might be fuzzy on the details) and it was just skill check after skill check after skill check.

gradenko_2000 fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Oct 19, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

On one hand, we never really plan RPPR campaigns - I get an idea and I run it, like Tribes of Tokyo or Iron Heroes or whatever. On the other hand, I do try to run a wide variety of systems and genres, because I know we get more listeners that look for one particular game and then explore the rest of the site. Hell, that's part of the reason why I've run one shots based on popular things like Slender Man, Night Vale, Rick and Morty, Five Nights at Freddy's and Candle Cove. I think keeping things from getting too static has helped keep our group dynamic. It seems a lot of podcasts get too bogged down in a single game and it kind of limits them. I don't know. I just know when I hear about some gaming group that only plays d20 games I feel kind of bad for them. Why would you limit yourselves to just that?