Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

dwarf74 posted:

Go figure, acting and improv skills turn out helpful for a table of RPGers. Who could have guessed.

I play with my wife and 3 of our friends who all have done and actively do theater. It's an absolute blast. We PCs don't really do voices (except when I'm making my Bard pretend to be fancy for nobles/royalty, in which case I do a terrible French accent) but everyone is happy hopping into character and playing their parts like their characters would. I remember selling them on it by saying "it's basically just theater with math."

It's also myself and 4 women so I think everyone feels very comfortable and safe, thus we can all act like goofballs around each other with no judgment.

Basically, yeah, being able to play a character in other mediums translates into more fun at the table.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

Does anyone have any recommendations for something Pathfinder second edition, and preferably humorous and or lighthearted? Or, barring that, something that is good about explaining the rules as they go. I'm interested in Pathfinder 2E, but I tend to learn better through play or observed play than sitting down with a big crunchy game manual.

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

Here’s a question!

I like comedy/chill podcasts like Dungeons and Daddies, Not Another D&D Podcast, that kind of thing.

What’s a good Pathfinder actual play? I prefer something more jokey and fun, but as long as it doesn’t get crazy dramatic I’m probably good.

Any recs?