Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I just today loaded up episode 97 of Campaign and heard the news, now I'm sad. I met the whole group last year at GenCon and was relatively invested in the characters. I'm hopeful whatever they cook up next is just as fun. JPC and Jonny should be in everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I'm looking for more actual plays that have done Paranoia. I justed finished One Shot's episodes, and previously I've listened to someone else's. All I can remember is that someone had a Disney World ticket and there was a lot of commotion about that.

Any others out there? Edition doesn't matter.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

If any of you were at GenCon and didn't go to the Campaign live show, you missed a real good one. Two hours long, with the boys, Jim McClure, Mike Migdall and Stephen Kropa, all mostly playing their characters.

Edit: It's probably the final Star Wars Campaign recording ever, though James did confirm that there are Sidequests being recorded with Binbon and Jubna.

Admiral Joeslop fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Aug 4, 2018

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Harvey Mantaco posted:

Is kat doing anything else notable right now? I found her charming even if I didn't follow one shot.

Not sure, I haven't really kept up with Twitter stuff.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Anyone know what happened with Neon Rival this weekend?

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Last year and this year at GenCon, the Campaign Podcast did live shows. Are they a Patreon exclusive or something? I was never able to find 2017s and I've heard nothing about 2018.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

https://twitter.com/roguetldr/status/1105345773603115008?s=19

Some good research by Polygon here.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Are there any Shadow of the Demon Lord podcasts going? There was a one shot I listened to a few years ago but it wasn't very long.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Serf posted:

rob himself runs Rob's Basement which is a mix of SotDL adventures and playtesting his other projects. audio quality is poor, its just a mic in the middle of a table picking up ever dice roll, chip bag crinkle and closing door all around them, but they're entertaining enough

My hero.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I'm bad at forums. Is there a megathread or similar about podcast recording setups? I've done some googling and found a few older resources but I can't find anything in any of the various subforums here. I started reading the home recording thread in Musician's Lounge but the OP is twelve years old.

My RPG group has been making noise about the idea for a while so I'm just curious how involved it is.

Edit: In particular, I mean a live group, not over the internet.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

thefakenews posted:

I can probably write up something about how we record our show, over the weekend. If that’s of interest.

Sure would be, if you find the time!

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Campaign Skyjacks:

I brought my Genesys book to Gencon to get signatures from the crew. Tyler couldn't make it and this was also how I found out that JPC left the show because he got a new job.

Kind of a gut punch :smith:

Admiral Joeslop fucked around with this message at 07:50 on Aug 11, 2019

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Jarvisi posted:

Wait what happened to campaign? I haven't paid attention to it in a bit and it's completely gone from my podcasting application

Kat left One Shot about a year and a half ago so they finished up the arc they were on and let the series rest. James has been running a (really really good) game of Genesys in a custom setting with JPC, Jonny, Liz Anderson and Tyler Davis*.

I'm sure the door is open for some kind of return to the characters in the future but James and Kat had some kind of disagreement in how to run the business (but are still good friends) so they parted ways.

*Currently down to three players but no spoilers.

Edit: Also there is Silhouette Zero. Two brothers play EotE with some shared NPCs filling the gaps. Pretty good but by the time the third season rolled around, I was kinda over the main character.

Admiral Joeslop fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Nov 29, 2019

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Anyone know of some Mork Borg actual plays? I know the Neoscum crew did a few on their Patreon, are there others?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

seaborgium posted:

This one was pretty good I thought. It's an odd game but they seemed to get the hopelessness/weirdness of the setting across.

I'm enjoying it so far but keep yelling at Troy when he gets a rule wrong, like thinking the amount of Powers you get per day applies to your Class Abilities :argh: