Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MTV Crib Death
Jun 21, 2012
I told my fat girlfriend I wanted to bang skinny chicks and now I'm wondering why my relationship is garbage.
So happy I turned 30 this year so I can post in this thread with abandon! Ya'll remember Cosmo's Cosmic Adventure? That was some dank PC game poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adlai Stevenson
Mar 4, 2010

Making me ashamed to feel the way that I do
Even as an old person I get left behind with retro PC gaming talk because it wasn't until the mid 90's we had a computer that could run a game more complicated than Number Munchers or Breakout.

I really, really hate Breakout

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
number munchers was the poo poo. cut my teeth on pc gaming with that by learning how to run it with my first grade teacher.

White Genocide
Feb 22, 2010

carmen sandiego games. Never learned a thing. Just guessed until i got a cool animation or lost and then turned it off and played load runner returns. The monks ripping you apart animation was cool so it was awesome to die.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Adlai Stevenson posted:

Even as an old person I get left behind with retro PC gaming talk because it wasn't until the mid 90's we had a computer that could run a game more complicated than Number Munchers or Breakout.

I really, really hate Breakout

pc platformers were universally garbage and people who fondly remember dizzy the egg, commander keen, the giana sisters, etc., are loving stupid

SombereroLad
May 18, 2006

WAHAHAHAHAHA
Fun Shoe
Is 28 old enough to post in the gaming seniors thread

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

mysterious loyall X posted:

pc platformers were universally garbage and people who fondly remember dizzy the egg, commander keen, the giana sisters, etc., are loving stupid

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Most of them were really bad but the Keen games were pretty good

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

LIKE and SHARE if you remember the 500+ game shareware CDs your mom bought at Staples.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

There must be other 90's Kids remembering things

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Something me and the old gamers have on common? We both LOVE getting our diapies changed 😋

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

jill of the jungle, jazz jack rabbit

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

giant citizen kabuto was a good pc gaming game

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Or European

coldplay chiptunes
Sep 17, 2010

by Lowtax
My first and only experience with PC gaming was poo poo like Dark Forces and Rebel Assault and the Gravis GamePad demo CD with stuff like Hocus Pocus and Raptor and One Must Fall and the aforementioned Jazz Jackrabbit.

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
the goddamn mother crapping warcraft: orcs and humans!!!!

coldplay chiptunes
Sep 17, 2010

by Lowtax
Epic Pinball.

coldplay chiptunes
Sep 17, 2010

by Lowtax
If I were somehow able to get the Gravis GamePad Pro demo CD working on a modern PC I'd likely die of an epic nostalgia induced orgasm and Be completely fine with that.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

Or European
Sometimes I buy a copy of Retro Gamer magazine and it's good but they always talk about awful looking European poo poo for Amiga or zx spectrum or something like that as if it was good.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

trying to jack off posted:

jill of the jungle, jazz jack rabbit

jazz jackrabbit loving owned, and the duke nukem side scrollers

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

i'm middle-aged at 24

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

my earliest pc gaming experience was a pack of like 15 90's flight simulator games that came with a bad joystick and none of those games were good lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

"eliminate the ground targets" *bushes and tanks look exactly the same on this mode 7 pixelated piece of poo poo*

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

hubris.height posted:

smoking is garbage poo poo for idiots, larry. do as you will with that information.

I;m not allowed to take breaks unless I smoke

Adlai Stevenson
Mar 4, 2010

Making me ashamed to feel the way that I do

Bobnumerotres posted:

my earliest pc gaming experience was a pack of like 15 90's flight simulator games that came with a bad joystick and none of those games were good lol

I asked for a flight sim game as a kid. My parents got me a pretty good joystick instead. So I spent like four hours Christmas afternoon downloading some random flight sim demo, it was good times.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Is Alzheimer's like AIDS for old people

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

first good pc gaming experience: diablo 1 and dark forces 2

coldplay chiptunes
Sep 17, 2010

by Lowtax

Bobnumerotres posted:

"eliminate the ground targets" *bushes and tanks look exactly the same on this mode 7 pixelated piece of poo poo*
Reminds me of a game on another of the 300 shareware demo discs I had as a kid; Seek and Destroy.

That one was good though.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

frank.club posted:

Is Alzheimer's like AIDS for old people

Very insensitive. You may leave now.

SombereroLad
May 18, 2006

WAHAHAHAHAHA
Fun Shoe

Bobnumerotres posted:

first good pc gaming experience: diablo 1 and dark forces 2

diablo 1 was loving incredible and insanely hard, i still haven't beat it

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

SombereroLad posted:

diablo 1 was loving incredible and insanely hard, i still haven't beat it

its piss easy if you pick the rogue or the sorceror and next to impossible if you pick the warrior, something they stayed loyal to in later releases

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial
IM A MAN!!!! IM FORTY!!!!!!!!!!

coldplay chiptunes
Sep 17, 2010

by Lowtax

Ristolaz posted:

IM A MAN!!!! IM FORTY!!!!!!!!!!
I get this ref. yes it's true, I'm both an age-haver and a sport-enjoyer. Have at me nerds.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

the design sheet for jazz jack rabbit just says sonic+ gun

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

im 45 years old and work in IT, not a parent but an uncle to a niece and 2 nephews. my fondest memory is programming games on my old apple 2 computer which then later after a long days hard work i would gently caress and then cum inside

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

My first PC gaming memory is playing Wolfenstein 3D at a family friend's house and thinking how awesome it was.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
drat that's a good entry point

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Pablo Gigante posted:

My first PC gaming memory is playing Wolfenstein 3D at a family friend's house and thinking how awesome it was.

It still is an awesome game for what it is.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
in college i overwrote a copied doom 2 diskette to turn in some homework

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

trying to jack off posted:

im 45 years old and work in IT, not a parent but an uncle to a niece and 2 nephews. my fondest memory is programming games on my old apple 2 computer which then later after a long days hard work i would gently caress and then cum inside

• Locked thread