Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

Finally pulled a Legendary, Choi off of a random ticket draw. He seems really versatile, but no particular gimmicks? I'll probably just make him and Beth a double CM.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kata-Haro
Oct 21, 2010

I believe Choi's gimmick is just getting a pile of stats for taking actions. No idea what to do with him though.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
I think the thing about him is that he can do nearly anything with that steroid. I don't have him myself, so I can't verify, but people I guess use him as a tolerable passer as well as attack/defender? Really solid, all around.

I keep hoping Voichi drops for me.

ReverendHammer
Feb 12, 2003

BARTHOLOMEW THEODOSUS IS NOT AMUSED
I like how they're trying to get people to even try the club matches with that 5* event they have going on right now. Even when I choose the bottom of the barrel teams to go along with my AAA team I always get matched up with a full set a S- and AAA-teams.

At least the matches go quickly though.

Nitis
Mar 22, 2003

Amused? I think not.

ReverendHammer posted:

I like how they're trying to get people to even try the club matches with that 5* event they have going on right now. Even when I choose the bottom of the barrel teams to go along with my AAA team I always get matched up with a full set a S- and AAA-teams.

At least the matches go quickly though.

It would be nifty if they could figure out a way to make the club matches a little more even. I think the goon club only has one team over 12k value, and all the matches seem to be against thee or more such teams.

At least the matches go quickly...

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Just when I thought I had a complete team (outside of needing 20 Beelz), the game throws a Duke my way giving me a 5th legendary.
Guess I gotta toss Anael and make the standard Beth/Meta/Duke cancer middle line.

And I'm still sitting on 1100 d-stones, so if they don't add the S2 legends to the shop when S3 comes out, I guess I'll grab a Bell too. Though I'm just about out of chains to do, so this'll probably be the last time I can save up that many...

Nitis
Mar 22, 2003

Amused? I think not.

Kaboobi posted:

Just when I thought I had a complete team (outside of needing 20 Beelz), the game throws a Duke my way giving me a 5th legendary.
Guess I gotta toss Anael and make the standard Beth/Meta/Duke cancer middle line.

And I'm still sitting on 1100 d-stones, so if they don't add the S2 legends to the shop when S3 comes out, I guess I'll grab a Bell too. Though I'm just about out of chains to do, so this'll probably be the last time I can save up that many...

Gratz on Duke.

I'm also running about 1200 D-stones, hoping that Choi will be purchasable. I'm running a Victoria - Lia - Lucius mid, so I think Choi would slot in there nicely.

Campbell
Jun 7, 2000
Applied to AwfulSoccerClub will probably be awful at soccer too.

Nitis
Mar 22, 2003

Amused? I think not.
Erica EE next patch. I'm cautiously hyped for my mono-Ardor dream!

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Log on today or tomorrow for a free 5* Littre and a free 5* Beelz.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

please, my children are starving

Nitis
Mar 22, 2003

Amused? I think not.

Kaboobi posted:

please, my children are starving

Ugh, that's harsh.

I've seen screen shots of the multiplier going to 4.1%, so hopefully it doesn't get much worse.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

3.5ish. But I got an extra 2% pen making this a ridiculous stone for Sharr.

Nitis
Mar 22, 2003

Amused? I think not.

Kaboobi posted:

3.5ish. But I got an extra 2% pen making this a ridiculous stone for Sharr.

Yeah, it does. I've managed to get 40% pen on my Sharr from stones alone, since I refuse to run the Silla/Luka/(insert stiker here) frontline.

ReverendHammer
Feb 12, 2003

BARTHOLOMEW THEODOSUS IS NOT AMUSED
Hahahaha club match is fuckin' ridiculous:

BTW did anyone else run into drastic changes in the AI when running Auto from the most recent update? I'm running a Guinevere/Leventor/Hildegard front line and now everyone (including anyone that gets put in the front line from the Friends list like Sharr and Hiro) will pass to Leventor for a final GK KO even though they could do it as well. And I'm just over here all JESUS H JUST TAKE THE loving SHOT.

Also I love how the 14 Days event still has yet to give me a Thunder player.

Nitis
Mar 22, 2003

Amused? I think not.

ReverendHammer posted:

Hahahaha club match is fuckin' ridiculous:

BTW did anyone else run into drastic changes in the AI when running Auto from the most recent update? I'm running a Guinevere/Leventor/Hildegard front line and now everyone (including anyone that gets put in the front line from the Friends list like Sharr and Hiro) will pass to Leventor for a final GK KO even though they could do it as well. And I'm just over here all JESUS H JUST TAKE THE loving SHOT.

Also I love how the 14 Days event still has yet to give me a Thunder player.

That's...um...yeah.

Regarding AI changes, I haven't really noticed a diff, but I run a double passer front, so they almost never attack.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
And the shitpost we read
I throw Mikael up there for the totem. while he offense passes he'll sometimes penetrate. I always cringe, but it's rare it backfires. I might replace him with Kiki, but him and Kevin turned Whirlwind backlines into something I don't worry about anymore.

Nitis
Mar 22, 2003

Amused? I think not.

Bell_ posted:

I throw Mikael up there for the totem. while he offense passes he'll sometimes penetrate. I always cringe, but it's rare it backfires. I might replace him with Kiki, but him and Kevin turned Whirlwind backlines into something I don't worry about anymore.

I'm having a hard time imagining a place where Kiki isn't a straight upgrade over Mikael. His totem isn't worth him getting counterattacked, which almost never happens to Kiki.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Just in time, oof.

Nitis
Mar 22, 2003

Amused? I think not.

Kaboobi posted:

Just in time, oof.

Nice. I couldn't break 2100 this last season.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
And the shitpost we read

Nitis posted:

I'm having a hard time imagining a place where Kiki isn't a straight upgrade over Mikael. His totem isn't worth him getting counterattacked, which almost never happens to Kiki.
I'll focus my superbs on her then. I like Guin more, but as long as I'm more likely to run into 2-3 Whirlwind backlines it would probably backfire on me. Plus, I have an Earth's Cry shamefully not seeing any action since I benched Milky Way.

Kata-Haro
Oct 21, 2010

Bell_ posted:

I'll focus my superbs on her then. I like Guin more, but as long as I'm more likely to run into 2-3 Whirlwind backlines it would probably backfire on me. Plus, I have an Earth's Cry shamefully not seeing any action since I benched Milky Way.

Hey now, Earth's Cry was my very first unique stone when they first came out. It is currently still +0 and sitting there, never having been used. Thunder players just don't have the green slots damnit.

Nitis
Mar 22, 2003

Amused? I think not.

Kata-Haro posted:

Hey now, Earth's Cry was my very first unique stone when they first came out. It is currently still +0 and sitting there, never having been used. Thunder players just don't have the green slots damnit.

Since I've switched to mono-Ardor, I have a +15 Earth's Cry, and a brand new Earth's Cry, just gathering dust. Not many green slots here, either.

I shouldn't complain too much, though. I have ended up with three Endlessly Burning Matter, trying to get a Terranox's Blood.

Nitis
Mar 22, 2003

Amused? I think not.
BigBall CEO interview talking point thing, interviewed at Anime Expo 2016, from Reddit:

http://pastebin.com/0YrgRpRr

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

So the big update is next week (they're not calling it Season 3, but yeah it basically is season 3):

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_24OT6wvNkfyAAxLHq4UdMYo0uWh5TdSFqnVNVEAZWc/edit

Big stuff:
No more "Season 1" vs "Season 2" characters. Anything older than 26 weeks will become a "Classic" card and be shuffled into Scouts and the regular prize boxes. Now everyone can get Elaine! Anything newer than 26 weeks will be a "New" character and draw only like the current S2 characters are now. Attribute draw is being removed because nobody used it.
S2 Legendaries will be shuffled into the D-shop as the new legendaries come out for their element. Choi and MX83 Askeladd will be added to the shop.
You can now pay a small amount of D-Stones to lock a character from ever appearing in the draw system if you have the fully superbed, so you don't get any more dupes of maxed out characters
Adding a 7th star special training to raise the cap to level 70, this take 6 goddamn 6* characters to activate. That means 36 5* characters to raise the cap. Ugh.
Introducing 6* gate keepers that are basically just jacked up 5* ones, but are more efficient to use.
You can save individual teams for each COT setup, so I may actually play past 20 now!
You can pay some d-stones to transfer your power-ups from one player to another?
Real time PvP is coming soon?

Spirit stone changes:
A bunch of new spirit stones! Some old ones are being reshuffled around for balance reasons.
The storage cap is raised to 250!
You can't evolve into unique from rares randomly anymore :(
But they're going to add a new way to get uniques?
And you can combine 5 uniques to get a unique of your choice now!
4* characters open up a third colored slot when you ST them.
7* characters can reshuffle the element on one of their slots for some d-stones. This means that every unique will be usable by every character and poo poo is gonna be hosed, balance-wise.

There's probably a lot of stuff I missed, but I'd give it a read. I'm not a fan of the 7* stuff because that's adding a huge huge huge mountain grind to the game, I've finally reached the point where I have a good team and wanted to experiment with some new players but welp.

Nitis
Mar 22, 2003

Amused? I think not.
Regarding the 7* changes, I seem to recall a lot of reddit bellyaching over extreme evos (6*) when they came out. And, while it is likely to be more grindy, it shouldn't be too obnoxious.

The changes to player draw are welcome.

I'll take a "wait and see" approach to the spirit stone changes.

Of course the subreddit is exploding with salty tears, it always does, but this should be a net positive patch.

Markkei
Aug 11, 2010

Nitis posted:

And, while it is likely to be more grindy, it shouldn't be too obnoxious.

Unfortunately it does seem quite obnoxious. To ST a single player to 7* from 6*, you'll need a total of 36 5* players. It will take a very very long time to get your team to 7* unless you drop a ton of crystals in the gacha.

The Transcendent Power-ups will also make it essentially impossible to truly max out any of your players. Each duplicate card adds only +1 out of a possible +30. Good luck getting your legends transcendent power ups!

There's a lot in this patch I do like and look forward to - players with formally terrible stone slots (looking at you Isillia), can now shuffle one. Maybe I'll equip her with Star's Tears for even more silly healing. And I'll also be able to max out her active skill for even MORE healing. Unfortunately there will also be a lot of grinding involved just getting your team super trained up again. My only hope is that these mechanics aren't finalized, as stated in the top of those dev notes, and that they will be more forgiving come release.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
And the shitpost we read
There's certainly the worry these changes will burn me out.

One thing on transcendent power-ups, though: it might extend the life on 4* players (good ones like Valkya, Eden or rivals) especially since they'll have all their stone slots unlocked at 5*. For the bosses that come up every so often they might add some oomph, too: Jury, Black Daisy, whoever the angel boss is and Nute come to mind. Even after you max superb them, they still come around, and if you still use them you'll have something besides clovers to look forward to.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Champion league is currently a 75%+ legendary hellscape with no relief

however, suck my diiiiiick

Nitis
Mar 22, 2003

Amused? I think not.

Kaboobi posted:

Champion league is currently a 75%+ legendary hellscape with no relief

however, suck my diiiiiick

Ugh, that's rough. Glad to see you make him eat it, though.

I'm struggling to get to diamond, this season. Maybe I'll get *really* lucking this weekend and pull Jiho. If that happens, I'm purchasing Choi. Maybe then I can be successful with mono-Ardor.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
And the shitpost we read
Just wait until they're all level 70

Markkei
Aug 11, 2010

Nitis posted:

I'm struggling to get to diamond, this season. Maybe I'll get *really* lucking this weekend and pull Jiho. If that happens, I'm purchasing Choi. Maybe then I can be successful with mono-Ardor.

Ardor seems really powerful with units like Angela, Gaphyl, Elaine, Kevin, Victoria, Choi, and now Jiho. Even my Ravian with the elemental advantage over ardor has lots of trouble against a well built Angela (bonus points if paired with Duran, might as well just quit the match). Now that a lot of these players are scoutable, you should have an easier time building the Ardor dream team!

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
And the shitpost we read
Angela is why even with just a single superb I'm thinking twice about making Isillia 7* even though she's been a good friend.

Markkei
Aug 11, 2010

Bell_ posted:

Angela is why even with just a single superb I'm thinking twice about making Isillia 7* even though she's been a good friend.

I've been thinking about holding out for the new dark and light legendary players. One of them should hopefully be a goal keeper.

Nitis
Mar 22, 2003

Amused? I think not.

Markkei posted:

Ardor seems really powerful with units like Angela, Gaphyl, Elaine, Kevin, Victoria, Choi, and now Jiho. Even my Ravian with the elemental advantage over ardor has lots of trouble against a well built Angela (bonus points if paired with Duran, might as well just quit the match). Now that a lot of these players are scoutable, you should have an easier time building the Ardor dream team!

Many of the season 2 characters have made Ardor less of a glass cannon, to be sure. I have all the ardor characters, excepting legends.

Currently running:

Renee | Elaine | Sharr
Victoria | Lia | Lucius
Gaphyl | Erica | Death Queen | Kevin
Lucian

I didn't pull Jiho after 110 pulls, but I may save up the last 200 dstones to purchase her. I'll probably replace Erica with her, and I've been toying with the idea of swapping out Lucius for Sage. Sage give a large amount of spirit on pen, and my front line devours spirit. I just don't know how well he penetrates.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Today's the last day to collect a shitload of 7th Star rewards from the events screen.

...I got a Celus from the All Star box...

But I did pull of Gaphyl recently, so I may start to pivot towards an Ardor hybrid team while grabbing Choi from the D-Store.
The problem is that my team is a mishmash of a bunch of fully maxed out legends at the moment and I don't want to dump any of them.
Jin as GK, Serestia backline, and Duke/Meta/Beth mid.

Kaboobi fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Aug 11, 2016

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
And the shitpost we read
Even with those legends you can try benching them in a different team slot to see if your hybrid or mono team works better. Plus, you can often get away with some off-color cards if they're good/provide useful totems/critical abilities.

As your collection grows, you may be able to unlock more CoT, which seems to offer the best rewards and refreshes every two weeks but requires massive investments.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Brute forced it on my first try. We've come a long way, buddy.

• Locked thread