Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy
Yeah, Kirin's more utility than pure power.

The game does seem to be pretty battery intensive. Maybe I should start using bluestacks more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?
Yeah the game can be hard on the battery, I've been messing with windroye for my android emulator.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

2 questions.

a) How do I completely remove formations? I can swap players out until I have 1 left but then can't get rid of him because he's the 'ace'.

b) What resource am I spending when I upgrade spirit stones and where can I view my bank of this resource?

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

VelociBacon posted:

2 questions.

a) How do I completely remove formations? I can swap players out until I have 1 left but then can't get rid of him because he's the 'ace'.

b) What resource am I spending when I upgrade spirit stones and where can I view my bank of this resource?

You can't remove formations.

Gold is used to upgrade Spirit Stones. On the main screen, it's the third number on the left at the top.

When upgrading spirit stones, it'll show you how much gold you have and how much gold it takes to upgrade the spirit stone right above the upgrade buttons.

You can also use Nerises to guarantee an upgrade. Not really worth it though. Better to sell of 6* Nerises for gold to upgrade spirit stones with.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

You can't as far as I'm aware.

You're spending gold to upgrade stones, and it should be fairly prominent in almost every screen. That's basically the only actual dump for it beyond spamming scouts.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

I thought it might be gold but why then do they make the number green in only that instance?

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Interface issues I guess. At first they didn't have a lot of simple conveniences like swapping out spirit stones or showing your current gold, you just had to manually remove and then reslot them or back out to check on your gold level.

Iunnrais
Jul 25, 2007

It's gaelic.

Ugh, I'm really feeling the team cost limit. I really want to swap in some other players, or evolve my Lydia, but I'm at a wall.

That said, I'm pretty proud of my team so far, for my level. I cream absolutely everyone in my PvP arena, which tells me that most people suck. That said, I'm wondering if some rearranging might make me even stronger. Any advice, within my point budget? If absolutely necessary, I can swap my manager for the one that gives an extra 8 points... but that'd drop my stamina and speed by 12.

I also have an unevolved Bora, Jacob, Raklet, and Blade on the next page. I might use Raklet, Jacob, and Blade for ST fodder though. Silla, I think, will be my first ST to 6*?

Verno5x
Aug 23, 2003

CRAFT OR DIE
I'm only Rank 22 so I'm a somewhat new player but I just got my first duplicate 5* from the check-in event that's been going on. I have 2 Lynbell's now. Should I sell the 2nd one or use it to start working towards the Suberb skill points? Also in general is it usually better to sell or use for training 2-4* characters too?

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Verno5x posted:

I'm only Rank 22 so I'm a somewhat new player but I just got my first duplicate 5* from the check-in event that's been going on. I have 2 Lynbell's now. Should I sell the 2nd one or use it to start working towards the Suberb skill points? Also in general is it usually better to sell or use for training 2-4* characters too?

Feed the new Lynbell to your old one, and give it a superb. It'll get a 10% boost in stats and an extra skill point!

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Iunnrais posted:

Ugh, I'm really feeling the team cost limit. I really want to swap in some other players, or evolve my Lydia, but I'm at a wall.

That said, I'm pretty proud of my team so far, for my level. I cream absolutely everyone in my PvP arena, which tells me that most people suck. That said, I'm wondering if some rearranging might make me even stronger. Any advice, within my point budget? If absolutely necessary, I can swap my manager for the one that gives an extra 8 points... but that'd drop my stamina and speed by 12.

I also have an unevolved Bora, Jacob, Raklet, and Blade on the next page. I might use Raklet, Jacob, and Blade for ST fodder though. Silla, I think, will be my first ST to 6*?

Long term, you wanna aim to replace Sam as striker, and the metagame is pretty heavy on defenders lately so don't go too crazy superbing your midline attackers. Silla is a good choice to 6* as she is very versatile, though with Jin, Khirel and Tortoise you could be more than set up for a Whirlwind team in the future. Sadly while Bora, Blade, and Uriel are good, they aren't really considered top tier at the moment. I used to run Blade not believing Sharr was worth finishing, then a single Litre and some Beezles later she suddenly became a damage monster.

Raklet in the back row has some really good totems that help out any goalie.

Verno5x posted:

Never sell a 5 star, you can use them for special training other 5 stars or superbs which are not easy to get on 5 star cards. Lynbell in my opinion isn't too amazing, but early on, any 5* card can be useful, the small boosts can make a big difference.

2* cards are kind of useless unless you have the resources to special train them, the advantage is you get a ton of duplicates easily. 3 stars are a bit harder to get ahold of, but are a good source of GP. 4* cards are a bit trickier, I'd save them because you can special train them to become 5* fodder, which is very much useful and there are a few 4*s which are quite useful (Eden, Valkia, Forward Passers)

nftyw fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Oct 2, 2015

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

Got a Veronica as my check-in reward, and have over 900 crystals to not pull Serestria with next week. Also I am bad at postgame events and can not get Ravian above 20%.

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?
Got Dale and Beta from my free 5* boxes, disappointment :smith:.

Got 11m to throw into the flames for upcoming metatron scout.

edit: And its Sheryl in scouts, thinking of grabbing her just for the marginally better odds for scouting legends.

Drakes fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Oct 3, 2015

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

AfroSquirrel posted:

Got a Veronica as my check-in reward, and have over 900 crystals to not pull Serestria with next week. Also I am bad at postgame events and can not get Ravian above 20%.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1x0Q4vUk_V3wUwzM5XR_66xytSbapoSFm_cHR9PYIERs/htmlview?sle=true

Bookmark that I guess.

Drakes posted:

Got Dale and Beta from my free 5* boxes, disappointment :smith:.

Got 11m to throw into the flames for upcoming metatron scout.

edit: And its Sheryl in scouts, thinking of grabbing her just for the marginally better odds for scouting legends.

Dale is legit don't hate.

Good luckon Metatron is all I can say.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Just pulled a Zibroi as my check-in reward. I'm a dark team. Stoked!

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?

nftyw posted:

Dale is legit don't hate.

Good luckon Metatron is all I can say.

Dale can be cool, but I like the action kill and steal crits Hilde can pull off.

Bought that Sheryl, gonna start min/maxing my legendary gold throwing pit.

Kitten Baubles
May 10, 2008
O boob soccer masters, please help me with my general build- still learning this dumb game. I'm about to start levelling players properly so I'd like to know if any are a waste of time.

The below image shows all my 5* players- anyone in stupid positions? I feel like I should be using Guinevere as well but have no idea who to replace.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
That looks pretty decent. The biggest thing about William is that he lacks penetration and crit rate, and in the current PVP metagame many people stack crit resist and crit rate debuffs, which makes William very sad. If he does crit though, ow.

Yuri is kind of my least favorite totem because while she powers up her line a lot, her attacker AI makes her kill herself on the enemy defense often. Later you might want to look for someone who can boost crit rate but she works for now.

Hilde is a strong attacker with action bar debuffing later, Eden has excellent passives and Sammy can get your midline even more action bar fuckery once fully evolved.

Avnore slows and heals, Linmay can get the ball out and do some heals, and Malcolm can do all sorts of things due to his spirit drain and double attack. Obviously you'll want to get ahold of one of the strong goalies if possible, but overall you aren't doing anything terribly wrong. You could put Guin as your support as her penetration buff can help out William a bit, Tyler can run the ball out of back pretty well but most people build backlines solely to help keep the goalie alive, since one-shot kills are very real if you don't. Though, if you're PvPing then the heal nerf makes Avnore and Linmay less attractive, thus people moved to HP boosts and crit rate reduction in the backline.

nftyw fucked around with this message at 09:39 on Oct 3, 2015

Kitten Baubles
May 10, 2008
Thanks for the help!

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?
You've got alright players if theres anything bad to say, its that you got William as your freebie legend :negative:.

Also vacancy in BadAtSoccer.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Train with 4 star players or sell them? Thanks in advance.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
I'd save them for Special Training as there are some good 4 stars you might want to turn to 5 stars, and you can also build some extra 4 stars into 5 stars just to have some more fodder to special train a 5 star. Just be careful as Rivals (marked with the S next to their star count, examples: Jess Kri'Veya Pei Lin) and Elizabeth can't be used as special training fodder, so for them, train them together to stack superb/clovers, or just sell them.

I wouldn't go overboard because sometimes you'll need a copy of a specific 4 star player for a friendship chain and then find you don't have them anymore.

nftyw fucked around with this message at 10:14 on Oct 4, 2015

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

nftyw posted:

I'd save them for Special Training as there are some good 4 stars you might want to turn to 5 stars, and you can also build some extra 4 stars into 5 stars just to have some more fodder to special train a 5 star. Just be careful as Rivals (marked with the S next to their star count, examples: Jess Kri'Veya Pei Lin) and Elizabeth can't be used as special training fodder, so for them, train them together to stack superb/clovers, or just sell them.

I wouldn't go overboard because sometimes you'll need a copy of a specific 4 star player for a friendship chain and then find you don't have them anymore.

Hm. Thanks. Just now I checked my scout and found a 6* rainbow elemental for 150bp. Is this just a 1-size-fits-all ele?

E: just looked it up. I'm nowhere near having the other materials to 7 star someone. Should I buy this for 150gp to just sit on it? I have ~300gp.

VelociBacon fucked around with this message at 11:22 on Oct 4, 2015

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Nope it's a special elemental. You can get them on Mon-tue. They're used to EE about half the players. The other half need black hole swirlies which you can win on Thu-Fri.

They also have special abilities. Training with a rainbow will break up your character into component cards. Useful if you no longer have any use for that character except special training fodder. The black hole swirlie is a super swirlie.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Starting to play this again after I quit like 8 months ago. (Update broke my account even though it was tied to G+, it wouldn't recognize it) but after a reinstall months later it works but I'm completely lost. I'm rank 16 but I don't really know how to build my team at all. I pulled Saramir a couple days ago and since I had a bunch of 4-5 star whirlwind and dark players I decided to use her as my leader. This is my current setup but I could be doing something retarded, I dunno.

I have a couple more 5 star whirlwind players not shown (Vivid Fear and princess meiran) but I can't fit them with my current cost.

I also have a blue kuma which can boost someone to like the high thirties but I dunno who to use it on.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
That's not a bad lineup, though you don't need two strikers. I'd say focus on Constance until you can get a 5 star striker, and put a 2* assist with a [Pass] active up front. Don't spend your Litres/Neris/Beezlebubs willy-nilly, I'd recommend exp training either your midline or frontline and buying a 10 crystal penguin match or two to get a good exp infusion on the rest of your players. With the free crystals they're giving out you can buff up your team enough to have a easy time going thru Story mode. The reddit has a pretty solid beginner's guide, the link should be in the OP.

A 2* Long passer in the back can also be really helpful and you can easily superb them too.

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?
11m thrown into the scout money pit, as expected no legendary :shepface:.

Got a poo poo ton of littres and picked up Cynthia, didn't see a single Lucy either. Gonna keep Sheryl active and pass on Marineco active stones until Metatron week is over.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Threw 5 million, no Metatron either.

Then I did a 10+1 draw and got 2 5*s. Kevin (dupe) and the WW one with the boosted rates.

Gonna save the other 1.8k Crystals for later.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
It feels so good to have gone from never beating the very-hard elementals, to rolling right over them as soon as anyone gets their turn.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy
8 more million for Metatron, still none. I lost count but I'd say that breaches the 100 million mark. :smithicide:

2 full beelz from it though, alongside Guinevere.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

How well does this game cope with being on two devices? Does it sync across?

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?
Works fine across multiple devices, data is all server side.

Dunno if iOS/android share the same servers through.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

VelociBacon posted:

How well does this game cope with being on two devices? Does it sync across?

Pretty sure it is able to handle it. I don't have a really solid android tablet that can run the game well though so I abandoned that idea.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Is EE Ravian's Spawn supposed to trigger multiple times, so you can get one long chain of goalie punching? She just shot, stole the ball with a counterattack for another action, then shot as that action and triggered Spawn again. That killed the goalie, but it looked like she could have gotten 5 actions in a row, if the second steal also ended with a counterattack.

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?
Yup, Ravian getting a counterattack resets spawn so it can trigger again. Its one of those things that make her so abusive in PVP along with team wide damage.

I've seen Ravians get 3 uninterrupted shots against my GK.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Drakes posted:

Works fine across multiple devices, data is all server side.

Dunno if iOS/android share the same servers through.
Yeah they do - I play on my android phone at work but on an ipad when I'm home.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I'm really confused. My friend sees my leader character as being Noa, (which explains why I never get any friend invites) despite that I haven't used them in forever. Is your Ace not your "leader" for friends? I must be blind because I have no idea how to change it. I can see my profile card (which also shows Noa, but I don;'t see how to modify it at all)

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Your formation screen lets you select one of your formations' ace to be your leader.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Oh, wow. I never noticed that little greyed out icon, I feel stupid now. Thanks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

How exactly is cost calculated in this game? I'm worried I'll upgrade my players too much and be unable to fill a slot because :cost:.

e: Yuri's in-position effects seem really strong. Am I misled?

VelociBacon fucked around with this message at 06:56 on Oct 6, 2015

• Locked thread