Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
Hey, Lisa's popular.

Again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Wow. That's a weirdly timed David Bowie reference. :smith:

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
That wasn't as bad as I imagined. Just mostly forgettable.

I don't know why Homer's chin shaved had to look like that. And I liked Thing magazine.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
Much Apu About Something

Sanjay passes his stake in the Kwik-E-Mart to his millennial son, Jay, who turns it into a hip, health food market against Apu's insistence on tradition. Bart, whom Homer had convinced to give up pranking, is called upon to return to his trickster life and take down the new store.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

I guess this is as good a thread as any to post the news that Matt Groening is creating a new animated series for Netflix. Hopefully he's got some talent backing him up on this. Now that Fox is only willing to green light increasingly terrible Family Guy clones it's nice to see Netflix is becoming a decent refuge for fans of animated shows.

dovetaile
Jul 8, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Mister Kingdom posted:

Much Apu About Something

Sanjay passes his stake in the Kwik-E-Mart to his millennial son, Jay, who turns it into a hip, health food market against Apu's insistence on tradition. Bart, whom Homer had convinced to give up pranking, is called upon to return to his trickster life and take down the new store.

Oh no! Not the horror of millenials!

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

dovetaile posted:

Oh no! Not the horror of millenials!

Well, you can't say they aren't keeping up with the times.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
One of those things that they add to Tapped Out.

dovetaile
Jul 8, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Why has only Sanjay aged?

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
Well, that was a lot of nothing.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
This episode wasn't good.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
First couple of minutes were good, and so where the last few. Basically anything that didn't directly involve the main plot.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
Love Is in the N2-O2-Ar-CO2-Ne-He-CH4

Lonely Professor Fink uses science to turn himself into a man whom women find attractive.

Meanwhile, Marge, Bart, and Lisa visit Grampa for Valentine’s Day and try to rescue the old folks from a drug-induced hallucination that allows them to relive their happiest memories.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Ex Machina robot sighting.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
That wasn't bad.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
That was a nice little throwback to the Cocoanut Grove nightclub in Los Angeles. The animators used some nice reference photos for a throw-away.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
That was pretty serviceable, which is high praise in this day and age.

FilthyImp posted:

That was a nice little throwback to the Cocoanut Grove nightclub in Los Angeles. The animators used some nice reference photos for a throw-away.

Yea that was pretty fun and really good looking.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
Live from Springfield, it's Homer Simpson!.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
Gal of Constant Sorrow

Bart accidentally deposits a homeless woman's cart into the river, and to make amends, he lets her move into his closet for a slight fee. Meanwhile, not-so-handy Homer traps the cat in the walls of the house.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
I do think it's strange how Mr. Largo was slowly rephased back into the show into a frequently used recurring character.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Holy poo poo a joke that works!

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
Lisa the Veterinarian
Lisa wants to be a veterinarian after she performs CPR on a raccoon, but learns a tough lesson when the neglected class hamster dies. Elsewhere: Marge moonlights as a crime scene cleaner to make extra money, but the gory scenes impact her too much.

dovetaile
Jul 8, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Echo Chamber posted:

Lisa the Veterinarian
Lisa wants to be a veterinarian after she performs CPR on a raccoon, but learns a tough lesson when the neglected class hamster dies. Elsewhere: Marge moonlights as a crime scene cleaner to make extra money, but the gory scenes impact her too much.

This is a weird episode but I like all the little gags. Also I was expecting the vet to talk about James Herriot.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
This episode feels like it had a guest writer.

I'll take Lisa episodes that knock her off her high horse.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
Well, at least that answers the question, "Is Michael York still alive?"

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
That was actually pretty good somehow. Bart pulled some pranks, Lisa went mad with power, it was good and funny. Even the tag felt not-completely-useless.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Kind of weird episode, it felt really fast-paced for modern Simpsons. Not bad.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

angerbeet posted:

Kind of weird episode, it felt really fast-paced for modern Simpsons. Not bad.

Yeah it's hard to describe in an easy way, I liked this episode and laughed at most of its gags but it doesn't feel like Simpsons, even modern Simpsons. Then again an uptick in quality is an uptick in quality.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
The Marge-ian Chronicles

Lisa signs up to go to Mars on a future one-way mission, much to the chagrin of Marge.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
I like the Homer & Bart bonding over screwing Flanders over.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
I'm assuming it's okay for vegetarians to eat eggs.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
That was a surprisingly good character-driven episode.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Mister Kingdom posted:

For some it is, for some it isn't. You aren't eating animals so it should be okay. But for some people that's to close.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
I watched my first Simpsons episode in like five years because Scharpling & Wurster were on it. It was okay.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

Mister Kingdom posted:

Vegetarians yes, vegans no.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
The Burns Cage

Smithers is upset with Mr. Burns' lack of affection towards him, so Homer plays matchmaker and tries to find him a boyfriend. Meanwhile, Bart maneuvers the removal of the lead in the school production of "Casablanca," leaving Milhouse as a subpar understudy, which frustrates his costar, Lisa.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
I remembered a while ago they talked about how they were going to have Smithers flat out come out to Mr. Burns. They ended not doing that.

Not sure how I feel about this episode. I didn't laugh that much. Homer's Phobia did hint Smithers does have a history and a life beyond Burns, but this episode decided he didn't until now. I still felt like this episode fell short of fleshing out Smithers' character. Burns' character requires that his character can only be moved so much. ("Excellent." and not much more.) Episode ended up being more forgettable than I guess what they were aiming for.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
I laughed out loud at that mural of the Cuban revolutionaries driving out Mr. Burns. Anyone have a screencap?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo

• Locked thread